• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's your bad habit?

I'm surprised the majority of the people here bite their lips.

What created your habits to do this?

Its probably just me but I never bite my lips, I don't really see a point in doing so.
What I USUALLY do is crack my knuckles or crack my feet, which is not surprising.

Its probably just me but I never bite my lips, I don't really see a point in doing so.
What I USUALLY do is crack my knuckles or crack my feet, which is not surprising.

My thoughts are that people are more inclined to bite their lips because it's literally the closest thing to your teeth, so when you get nervous/bored and need stress relief, they're right there. I think it's also because they get dry a lot, so you bite the skin to get rid of it.

Last edited:

theyre the easiest thing to bite on i guess. i bite my lips when theyre chapped or dry and i bite them from the inside when i'm stressed or when i would otherwise clench my teeth.

Recently, I've gotten into the bad habit of rubbing my eyes. I'm not entirely sure what brought it on but I do suffer with dry eyes and thus causes me to rub as a reaction to relieve the irritation which is a temporary solution to the problem. I was advised by my GP to use eye drops; the thought of having to use them doesn't bother me and for a time I did attempt to use them but they do not solve the situation. I've heard that over time, I will damage my eyes if I continue to rub them. It's also more likely for me to get an eye infection but I just can't help but rub them.

When I say rub, I literally mean vigorously rubbing to the point of getting my knuckle right in there. It's terribly worse when I wake up in the morning.

i bite my nails and procrastinate.

i also have this really weird habit when i'm talking to people. my fingers start fidgeting behind my back very fast. sometimes, i don't even notice it. honestly, i think it's very annoying.

Last edited:

I HAVE SO MANY BAD HABITS.
I bite my lip and crack my neck/feet/back/wrists/fingers/knuckles too, I started doing the lip thing when I an orthodontic treatment, my teeth were hurting so I did it to distract myself from the pain and the uncomfortable feeling. Also I pull my hair and scratch myself a little bit to hard... those are mostly anxious things.

oh this one is easy! procrastinating

also feeling like a piece of **** like 60% of the time and being too afraid to try out new things in the risk of FAILING

another bad habit I have:

smelling sharpies, expo markers and whiteboard cleaner.

just discovered whiteout too

this can kill me I need help

Eating ice and biting nails. I've been also trying to go on a diet by always end up eating bad, unhealthy stuff.

Nail biting, and clenching my teeth super hard when I see something cute. Idk why I do that

Back