King Tut mask in Re-Tail

Gruntilda

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
I am beginning to think that my villagers will not buy the King Tut mask I put in Re-Tail. It has been there for a week. It is on one of the front tables and I keep pushing villagers right up to it. They seem to then go for the gems and the fossils instead. Has anyone been succesful selling the mask here?

I think it's because the villagers can't wear masks? Just like how they can only wear certain types of clothes, like tees I think. I could be wrong, though.

How much are you selling it for? I know that villagers will spend a maximum of 9999 bells in Re-Tail. No more than that.

Last edited:
I have it priced at 9999. I am wondering if they are steering clear because it is an unlucky item. I think I will pull it and sell it. That is an interesting thought about masks in general Spookymemes. I might try selling a different kind of mask just to see what happens.

Hmm maybe you should remove everything else you have on sale and only keep the Mask there instead? I had Villagers buy stuff like Hats and Shoes there before.

I'm pretty sure it's because it's unlucky. It's famous for making you trip a whole lot, but nope, I've never tried selling it there before. But yeah, you can give villagers things they can't wear, shoes, hats, masks, dresses, pants, socks and facial items will all work, but as I said, it's probably because it's unlucky that they're not buying it.

I wish they could wear socks and shoes and stuff though, I think that would be so cute

Back