So, would you reccomend the switch and what games?

Quite honestly, I have the Switch and I don't entirely think it's worth it unless you already are a Nintendo diehard. So far the only exclusive Switch game to knock me off my feet was Mario Odyssey--that game was incredible. Stardew Valley is one of my favorite games, but you could get that on other consoles (or better, on PC). Breath Of The Wild is fun but once you beat the game there's not a lot of incentive (at least for me) to go back, and you can get it on the Wii U. Arms is fun but it's a little tough to get into. Sonic Mania is incredible, but again other consoles have it. Besides those, the only other games that have caught my eye personally are Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (not worth it if you own Mario Kart 8 already), Splatoon 2 (not worth it if you have Splatoon), and Snipperclips. The Switch is Nintendo's way to get better at third-party support, but if you already have another console or a computer I'd say wait until some better titles. (And if we have to pay for online next year, I might suggest not getting it at all).

But assuming you don't have a Wii or a Wii U, I'd say in that case the Switch isn't such a bad idea.

If you're on a budget though, just go for the Wii. It's my personal favorite console, and considering it can play GameCube games you have TONS of classics available. Super Paper Mario and Mario Galaxy were beyond amazing to me, and you also open up the oppurtunity to play two other Animal Crossing games if that strikes your fancy. The Wii is great.

The Switch has yet to really amaze me, but maybe that will change soon. All-in-all, it really depends on what kind of games you like. After all, it's the games that make the console.

Sorry for writing such a long response :p

If you're on a budget though, just go for the Wii. It's my personal favorite console, and considering it can play GameCube games you have TONS of classics available. Super Paper Mario and Mario Galaxy were beyond amazing to me, and you also open up the oppurtunity to play two other Animal Crossing games if that strikes your fancy. The Wii is great.

Well, your mileage may vary whether the Wii is a cheap alternative or not. The hardware is only able to natively output with composite or component cable. Problem is, many of the recently sold HDTVs won't support the former, and getting a compatible component cable or opting for a slightly convoluted HDMI setup for that is a bit too tricky for the average consumer. If they happen to own a non-CRT TV sold before 2012-2013, chances are high that they'll stumble onto composite inputs, but the input lag can be significant even if they activated Game Mode.

There are several Wii models out in the wild, only one of which supports GameCube products. If the model is white, the model number is RVL-001 and has GameCube Controller and Memory Card ports, then that's the one to pick. Given that they sold plenty units of it, you shouldn't have much trouble locating one outside of retailers.

Back