• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Villagers being mean to one another.

PaperCat

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Lucky
Jack
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Leif
White Cosmos
Red Cosmos
White Pansy
White Lily
Purple Violet
White Violet
So Cube (who I do not want, he was a random move in) said something to T-Bone (one of my originals who I actually kinda like) and then T-Bone was sad. Stupid Cube :( Also how do people see conversations between villagers? All I see is them looking at each other then either they are happy or sad.

So who is mean in your town? Or does it depend on personalities?

I find that it centers mostly around gift-giving. The peppies, snooties and smugs I think are the least appreciative when receiving certain gifts from other villagers. It annoys me because I wish it wasn't a part of the game. But I don't have any particular villagers who I would consider mean on a regular basis. The snooties used to be awful, but the creators toned them down for NL. I was really glad about that.

It definitely depends on their personality types; some are more compatible than others, which I think is really neat. The crankies and snooties were among some of the worst personalities (in terms of, well, personalities... they were pretty mean in the original Animal Crossing game!), but like Dorian said, I'm glad they toned them down. Now they're pretty cute (more so the crankies than the snooties in my opinion!).

Anyway, you can catch villager conversations by simply talking to one of them if you're quick enough. Their conversations are really random, lol.

Where there are people there is quarrel. Why would a game be different?

I rarely get two villagers to talk to each other, and it's unfortunate since that is one of my favorite aspects of the game: having villagers interact in a conversation directly. They're usually really random or hilarious (or both), and I love seeing different personalities clash or mesh together.

You have to talk to one of them while they're having the conversation in order to "see" it.

I actually ran into Wolfgang and Diana having a conversation pop up and I was surprised to see that, because that was the first time I ever experienced seeing two villagers interact.

It was the opposite of mean, but actually quite touching...Diana was thanking Wolfgang for bringing her flowers
TnFwh0U.jpg

I always find it kind of funny that one villager is angry and the other villager is whistling.

I like it best when I see two villagers end a conversation and both of them are whistling! I almost always join them...seems like they appreciate that and stick around together whistling longer! (or I might just imagine that)

The last villager convo I remember was between Coco and Cole (this wasn't mean btw), Coco was telling Cole about her favorite books and all that, and Cole wasn't interested because they weren't food. So Coco told him that he would probably like cook books, and Cole thought that he could EAT the book and Coco was like "nonono! your poor coloring books..."

i remember one time, muffy made drake cry by yelling at him. i was expecting drake to walk away all sad and muffy walking away skipping but, instead it was the other way around! drake started to become sad and muffy became confused. she said sorry and started to sulk.

there is LOTS OF DRAMA in my town

olivia is mean to all of her neighbors. she was especially bad with molly, but now she's not good with tammy, either. she doesn't mind deirdre as much, but she's moving. she's the meanest person

although now there's SO much messiness because ribbot and phil were dating and then they broke up and now phil's being vindictve against ribbot and ribbot even asked to move bc of it!!!! so mean

Oh, I love when the villagers argue. I always try to scurry up quickly and evesdrop but usually miss out on the fun.

I love how the animals are so upset they don't want to talk to you. So funny.

I don't usually see villagers be mean to one another, but Dizzy often pings me because he said Mathilda made fun of his catchphrase and that it "really hurt my feelings!" Fortunately, it's easy to make him happy again. And Mathilda is lucky I like her, because I have kicked villagers out for being mean to Dizzy before.

The last villager convo I remember was between Coco and Cole (this wasn't mean btw), Coco was telling Cole about her favorite books and all that, and Cole wasn't interested because they weren't food. So Coco told him that he would probably like cook books, and Cole thought that he could EAT the book and Coco was like "nonono! your poor coloring books..."

I've seen that conversation between Midge and Dizzy. Dizzy walked off all happy and oblivious, but I wanted to just give Midge a hug, because she seemed so concerned.

Last edited:
Hello so there is something happening to my town there is 4 villager at one of my two bridge..
I don't know what they're doing but i think two or three of my villager suddenly changing their clothes with same clothes...
Then they're like dancing and have a music note around them I'm still new to animal crossing so I was so confuse what is jujst happening, are they just done a nice conversation and whistling?
and is the villager can hate each others??

Last edited:
Back