• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Just me or did this game get boring for you?

That’s what happens when you play an app nonstop. They don’t have much to offer.

It's nice that you get to play for a full half hour (Facebok games probably averaged at 5), but in that half hour, it does seem to drain my battery 40-60%

Last vacation, the kids were soooo preoccupied with their games (AC: New Leaf & Etrian Odyssey Untold 2) that they didn't ask to stop to use the bathroom even once.

Last edited:
I haven't played it very much because it isn't my sorta game. It's good, yeah, but I found it a bit boring.

I do think it targets the younger audience like Animal Crossing in general, like kids and teens? I played for couple of minutes and never touched it again. But then again, it's depends on the person itself. I think this is just not my type of game I would enjoy in long run. But I gotta admit, the graphic and color schemes are extremely adorable and such pleasure to my eyes ;)

It's nice that you get to play for a full half hour (Facebok games probably averaged at 5), but in that half hour, it does seem to drain my battery 40-60%

Last vacation, the kids were soooo preoccupied with their games (AC: New Leaf & Etrian Odyssey Untold 2) that they didn't ask to stop to use the bathroom even once.

What? I don’t even play app games.

One thing you left out that annoys me is the huge wait times on some of the furniture and ammenities and the huge resource requirements.
Oh yes. I was so excited to know that it first came out in Australia, and I was hyped to play it and quickly downloaded it at first. But what you just said in the above quote is basically why I’m not interested in the game anymore. I wanted to craft a Polka-Dot Stool and it took me 2 hours of a wait to actually get it. I’m also frustrated about the Leaf Tickets. You need Leaf Tickets to do EVERYTHING. This includes;
a) buying more market box space
b) buying fish and river throw nets
c) buying honey
d) buying more crafting spaces
e) speeding crafting amenities/furniture up
f) crafting special items
g) buying spare items to craft your furniture
And much more. The problem is that Leaf Tickets are extremely hard to get. The only way you could get them is to buy them, level up, or complete hard initiatives. Otherwise, you have to buy them. This annoys me.

Oh yes. I was so excited to know that it first came out in Australia, and I was hyped to play it and quickly downloaded it at first. But what you just said in the above quote is basically why I’m not interested in the game anymore. I wanted to craft a Polka-Dot Stool and it took me 2 hours of a wait to actually get it. I’m also frustrated about the Leaf Tickets. You need Leaf Tickets to do EVERYTHING. This includes;
c) buying honey
And much more. The problem is that Leaf Tickets are extremely hard to get. The only way you could get them is to buy them, level up, or complete hard initiatives. Otherwise, you have to buy them. This annoys me.

I agree with what you said to a point. They are very hard to get, but they aren’t necessary for most of the things you listed. You unlock market boxes as you level up. You can get the same fish and bugs with or without the nets and honey. The only real things you NEED them for is the limited/special items or to buy the other two crafting spaces. But other than that, the only other uses are for people who are impatient lol

Yes, the leaf tickets are clearly for the less patient.

I don't sit there waiting for furniture, glaring at my phone lmao. I order it then pick it up later or the next day.

The only things I've spent tickets on are KK's stool and the two extra crafting slots.

It's only the beta so we'll see what the official release is like. Fire Emblem Heroes has had plenty of changes and improvements over the months.

Sort of, I don't bother reading the text that the villagers say anymore, just skip past it. I honestly stopped playing until I saw my partner playing it which got me back in.

Working really hard on getting Stella at the moment. I'm level 24. I have no idea how you guys have unlocked all the characters so quickly, seriously, for Stella you need like 130 Cotton plus over 100 wood + other materials. I used Nintendo points to get most of the materials this time. To save up would have taken much longer. And I play the game around 1 - 2 hours per day.

It's definitely an app game, which like many others have said, isn't meant to be played in a long stretch. I check on my game usually twice a day, more if I have a day off or bring my phone to the toilet. XD

Usually my morning check-in is when I send quarry requests to everyone, so that by the time I play later I'll have enough help. And I do all my requests and refill the things I am low on (I try to keep 3-5 of every item) pick up my furniture, and set new furniture to be built. If I have all the items I'll invite a new villager. I usually check the marketplace as well to see if they have anything I want.

On my afternoon/night check-in I do all of my tasks, do a quarry run, get my furniture, move a new villager in, and do some scouting for rarer items, because in my experience they're more common at night. I'll check the marketplace again to see the new items and buy what I want.

Each day I can usually move in 1 villager, level up at least once, and get a really good stack of bells! So I mean, as long as you don't overplay it, it stays pretty fun, at least for me. But I am not super high level or anything, I'm in the 20's now, so maybe in the future I'll get more bored like I do with all app games. But for now it's maintaining it's fun for me. =]

nah i still like it, im level 49 lol. it's a mobile game and those are always repetitive so i didnt expect a billion dfifferent things to do tho i hope they add more villagers when the game is released worldwide bc while i havent gotten to level 20 yet w anyone im a pretty high friendship level w everyone and i dont have a lot of furniture to craft all the time so ive had to sell like 300 steel bc i had too much

- - - Post Merge - - -

Explain how to swap hosted animals. I tried tapping on their names in the Contact menu, but no such options appear when you click their info.

There's never anything I need from the quarry. I have an insane amount of essences stockpiled, despite making furniture sets to unlock new animals. I only ever need paper & cotton, which I only ever seem to get in quantities greater than 1 from doing quests for 2 very specific animals.

By the time you've finish all the quests, a half hour has passed, so it will always say "moving in 2.5 hours."

If anyone does want a free mobile app they can play for hours/months on end, check out the 3 "Criminal Case" games. The trick is to make friends with as many people on Facebook who already play the games, send & receive energy for a week, then play.

I'm still willing to be money that something will replace Isabelle in the market place.

I actually would like to know if anyone else is getting the choppy framerate lag. I live in an area with terrible wifi reception, but I'm also playing a potentially-beta apk on a Kindle Fire HD 10 tablet. It could be an optimization problem, a coding problem, the wifi, Amazon's annoying undeletable crapware running in the background.

isabelle isnt as useless as you think, you should check out her guide instead of complaining about not understanding how to do things...

it's a good idea to save up essence because you'll need a lot of it to upgrade and build amenities, i currently have a lack of all essences except for cute. if you're not close to reaching the upper limit of essence or if you haven't upgraded all amenities to the max level you should save up.

quests dont take close to 30 minutes for me, maybe you should make sure to keep a few of each bug and fruit in your inventory or just lying on the ground so you don't have to wait or go hunting for them.

different animals have different main resources they will give you.

i don't have any trouble with lag but i'm playing on an iphone and my internet connection isn't constantly dead.

inviting certain animals to your campsite to get the resources you need is a good idea. here's a guide lol http://techbeasts.com/animal-crossing-pocket-camp-villagers-resource-list/

c) buying honey

leaf tickets are mostly used to speed things up. throw nets, honey, speeding things up and more market box space are really not necessary to play the game. i've spent my leaf tickets on more crafting space and both special furniture items (which do nothing but lol) and if you only want to use them for basic things like crafting space, inventory space and whatever the tickets you get from leveling up and completing goals will more than suffice. if you spend 100 tickets on finishing building an amenity immediately instead of waiting 48 hours you'll run out quickly but if you have patience you will really not need to buy any leaf tickets at all.

Back