• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Just me or did this game get boring for you?

Magik_Mike

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Red Candy
When I first got the game I was on it basically every minute, chatting up all the villagers and collecting resources for the next time they needed items. I would never miss a move in sequence but now I?ve basically become the opposite. After I hit level 30 the game just started to feel repetitive and a bit boring. Getting a villager to friendship level20 seems like it?s gonna take forever and all the villagers ask for the same stuff over and over. Anyone else feel the same?

I still enjoy the game, but compared to New Leaf, I find it a bit repetitive. Maybe after the game is released worldwide, they'll update it and make it more interesting.

Yeah I’m level 43 and I’m not really into it anymore. It’s a good way to waste time but other than that I don’t play it a ton

Wow you guys are meta I'm level 21 and I thought I play it a lot ! It can be boring but I enjoy unlocking the new villagers and new furniture. You have to think hard about how best to spend your resources in order to upgrade and unlock more items and villagers. I find it rewarding in that sense. Maybe I will get bored by the time I'm level 30/43 aha.

The only thing I'm tired of so far is catching the same bugs/fish everyday and having the same items in the marketplace all the time

ya i got sick of it like the week that it came out not gonna lie.
thats how it is with every mobile game for me though
i just have too much going on irl recently, that it never really crosses my mind

I'm level 44 and still enjoying it. Especially excited for the winter/Christmas event that I assume will be there.

It's no New Leaf, but it is at least far more entertaining than Wild World. It's possibly on par with Happy Home Designer & definitely better than your average free-to-play mobile game, with nonintrusive microtransactions that even Jim Sterling would probably approve of.

Differences from New Leaf + technical issues:
---------------------------------------------------------
*Requests refresh every 3 hours (2.5 hours if you ignore the 30 minutes you spend questing), but let's be honest, if they didn't make you wait, it would actually get boring faster. It's kind of like Trickster Online where if you play too much of it without pacing yourself, the repetition sets in quickly.
*It's pretty hard to miss when fishing or bug catching. The lack of struggle makes it less fun.
*Significantly smaller varieties of fish & bugs.
*NPC personality types have been reduced to 4, so dialog is more repetitive.
*Isabelle offers things that you can do from the hub, & what you can't do from there could easily be moved there. She feels like a placeholder who takes up space in the marketplace that would be better filled with an NPC actually selling something.
*Very few things on sale at the market every day. You'll see several of the same things daily.
*You can't plant trees or flowers.
*You can't dig up fossils.
*No threat of bees to add suspense to tree shaking. Also no furniture, or clothing drops. Bell drops are rare.
*No museum to fill.
*No item balloons to pop.
*Can experience horrible lag due to either shoddy wifi connection or lack of optimization for some phones & tablets.
*Can't be played offline.
*Shovelstrike Quarry can be pointless if you have the worst-ever luck with the RNG (random number generator). For the first 21 levels, I could only get essences. Basically, what shows up anywhere from what's on sale to what's being quested for is like playing with a slot machine.
*You can't design tents for the animals you're hosting. Nor can you design the inside of your tent.
*You can't have Isabelle erect art monuments anywhere.
*You can't make your own clothes or lay down tiles on the world.
*No deep sea diving for critters.
*Can't buy from friends boxes from the hub menu unless you're actually standing on the same map as them.
*Despite having the room outdoors for two huge rugs, it will only let you have one.
*Even after expanding your RV, between it & the two areas in front of the tent, you still have less room than you did in your New Leaf house.
*Unskipable post-quest cutscenes. There's only a few, so they get tiring after awhile.
*No fun of unlocking & upgrading shops. Plus only 2 are ever open at a time & only have 3 items, & no flea market.
*You can't try clothes on before you buy them.
*The download size & additional downloads after installing might put off some players.
*No traveling salesmen; Sahara, Joan, Crazy Redd.
*No Brewster, though I could see him eventually becoming a special NPC you attract for 250 leaf bucks like Nook & Slider.
*Drains battery power like crazy. Recommend playing while charging.

Edit: Removed a few things from the list due to having an outdated apk. Reworded everything because I was in a bad mood when I made the list.

Last edited:
You can swap villagers out very easily, I do so several times a day!

The tents are easy to build, but the essence requirements for tier 2 and 3 are much higher so the quarry is key to obtaining enough. I calculated that we will need 1520 essence (380 of each type) to build all 12 amenities to max level. If you are wasting quarry trips to get cotton or paper (which ARE options) you will regret it later.

I've played free mobile games before, and this game is pretty typical of the genre. Keep in mind that it is brand new and I'm sure more features will be added, like different types of bugs and fish, etc.

Oh, and requests refresh every 3 hours, not 2.5.

Like all mobile games, it's not intended to be played for hours on end, just a few minutes here and there.

It's a shame that you've reached level 20 without even figuring out how to swap villagers in your camp, or realizing that resource gathering is actually an important strategy for advancement.

Last edited:
Quite so. It's a huge downgrade from New Leaf, but a huge updrade over Wild World for me.

So what are the problems....
*Requests refresh every 2.5 hours, but let's be honest, if they didn't make you wait, it would actually get more boring even faster.
*Fishing is too easy, which takes away from the sport.
*Bug catching is too easy, which takes away from the sport.
*Not enough varieties of fish & bugs.
*So many characters in the game, yet they all have one of 4 personalities & all say the exact same things based on that personality.
*The limit of how many animals you can host at your camp, & the fact that you can't swap them out, makes unlocking new friends pointless.
*By level 20, I'd already maxed out RV & tent expansions.
*Isabelle is a complete waste of space in the market place, because you can access her features anytime from the hub. (To be honest, I think she's a placeholder for something else to be incorporated in the future).
*Not enough things on sale at the market every day. Nook has really been pushing this white/red vase.
*You can't plant trees.
*No threat of bees to add suspense to tree shaking. Also no bell, furniture, or clothing drops.
*No museum to fill.
*Horrible lag. Not sure if shoddy wifi connection is to blame.
*Dependent on wifi, no 4G.
*Market goods are the same things over & over.
*Shovelstrike Quarry is pointless. You can't get things you actually need like paper or cotton, only useless essences that are easily obtained from questing & you already have tons stockpiled despite furniture building.
*You can't design tents for the animals you're hosting.
*You can't erect art monuments anywhere.
*Can't buy from friends boxes unless you're actually at their camp.

The closest thing you really get to a challenge that doesn't max out early in the game is that villagers always want large quantities of the things that are lowest in availability in increasingly higher quantities, like tiger butterflies, peaches, crucian carp, & horse mackerel.
Pretty much nailed it all in your comment. It’s just too repetitive and there’s not variety for fish, bugs, furniture and villagers. One thing you left out that annoys me is the huge wait times on some of the furniture and ammenities and the huge resource requirements.

You can swap villagers out very easily, I do so several times a day!

Explain how to swap hosted animals. I tried tapping on their names in the Contact menu, but no such options appear when you click their info.

There's never anything I need from the quarry. I have an insane amount of essences stockpiled, despite making furniture sets to unlock new animals. I only ever need paper & cotton, which I only ever seem to get in quantities greater than 1 from doing quests for 2 very specific animals.

By the time you've finish all the quests, a half hour has passed, so it will always say "moving in 2.5 hours."

If anyone does want a free mobile app they can play for hours/months on end, check out the 3 "Criminal Case" games. The trick is to make friends with as many people on Facebook who already play the games, send & receive energy for a week, then play.

I'm still willing to be money that something will replace Isabelle in the market place.

I actually would like to know if anyone else is getting the choppy framerate lag. I live in an area with terrible wifi reception, but I'm also playing a potentially-beta apk on a Kindle Fire HD 10 tablet. It could be an optimization problem, a coding problem, the wifi, Amazon's annoying undeletable crapware running in the background.

Last edited:
Funny that you mention replacing Isabelle because it sounds like you could benefit by consulting her guide.

Tap on the cat icon on the right side of the screen, tap the villager you want to leave then select "send home" then you'll have an empty spot with a + sign. Tap that + then select the animal you want to invite. Pretty simple.

If you have that many essence you must not have built many amenities yet. Build all the tier 2 ones, level them up to 5 then start the level 3's. I'm building the pool now - each level requires 50 essence and there are 5 of them. Believe me, you'll be scrounging for essence in no time.

I get 5-8 paper from Apollo and Stella every time I just talk to them as they are both level 13. Same goes for cotton from Maggie and Tex. Each villager gives different rewards, so invite those villagers to your campsite.

Pay attention to the type of material each villager gives. Like I said, there is a strategy. Yes, the game is repetitive like all mobile games, but maybe you're bored because you can't figure it out.

Be smarter about how you play and you might enjoy it more.

I haven't experienced any lag on my Kindle fire with a strong Wi-Fi signal.

Last edited:
Quite so. It's a huge downgrade from New Leaf, but a huge updrade over Wild World for me.

So what are the problems....
*Requests refresh every 2.5 hours, but let's be honest, if they didn't make you wait, it would actually get more boring even faster.
*Fishing is too easy, which takes away from the sport.
*Bug catching is too easy, which takes away from the sport.
*Not enough varieties of fish & bugs.
*So many characters in the game, yet they all have one of 4 personalities & all say the exact same things based on that personality.
*The limit of how many animals you can host at your camp, & the fact that you can't swap them out, makes unlocking new friends pointless.
*By level 20, I'd already maxed out RV & tent expansions.
*Isabelle is a complete waste of space in the market place, because you can access her features anytime from the hub. (To be honest, I think she's a placeholder for something else to be incorporated in the future).
*Not enough things on sale at the market every day. Nook has really been pushing this white/red vase.
*You can't plant trees.
*No threat of bees to add suspense to tree shaking. Also no bell, furniture, or clothing drops.
*No museum to fill.
*Horrible lag. Not sure if shoddy wifi connection is to blame.
*Dependent on wifi, no 4G.
*Market goods are the same things over & over.
*Shovelstrike Quarry is pointless. You can't get things you actually need like paper or cotton, only useless essences that are easily obtained from questing & you already have tons stockpiled despite furniture building.
*You can't design tents for the animals you're hosting.
*You can't erect art monuments anywhere.
*Can't buy from friends boxes unless you're actually standing near them.
*Despite having the room outdoors for two huge rugs, it will only let you have one.
*Even after expanding your RV, between it & the two areas in front of the tent, you still have less room than you did in your New Leaf house.
*The same unskipable post-quest cutscenes over & over again.
*No fun of unlocking & upgrading shops. Plus only 2 are ever open at a time & only have 3 items, & you can't trick your animals into buying them off you.

The closest thing you really get to a challenge that doesn't max out early in the game is that villagers always want large quantities of the things that are lowest in availability in increasingly higher quantities, like tiger butterflies, peaches, crucian carp, & horse mackerel.

A lot of what you said is false.

Requests reset every 3 hours.
You can swap out villagers whenever you want and however many times you want.
Clothes crafting will be released in the near future
You can play on 4G, I’m doing so right now.
You can get paper and other resources from the Quarry, I’ve done it.
You can get bells from shaking trees

You guys have to keep in mind that this is practically a beta/test run. This wasn’t meant to be the final version lol. Plus, it’s a mobile game. It’s not meant to be played for hours on end

Last edited:
I'm still not really bored with it, I just slowed down considerably because there's nothing new to unlock for now (which was my main motivation to keep playing). I hope there will be an update that adds villagers and furniture past level 37 :)

A lot of what you said is false.

Requests reset every 3 hours.
You can swap out villagers whenever you want and however many times you want.
Clothes crafting will be released in the near future
You can play on 4G, I’m doing so right now.
You can get paper and other resources from the Quarry, I’ve done it.
You can get bells from shaking trees

You guys have to keep in mind that this is practically a beta/test run. This wasn’t meant to be the final version lol. Plus, it’s a mobile game. It’s not meant to be played for hours on end

Well the version I'm playing does not give bell drops from trees, only offers essences from the quarry, & always says 2.5 hours. Always. I may have an older version of the apk installed, or there could be slight differences in the android & itunes versions. It could also be that the game does everything on random chance roll (RNG) & I have the most abysmal luck possible everyday on everything from quest items, to market items, to quarry items.

Funny that you mention replacing Isabelle because it sounds like you could benefit by consulting her guide.

Tap on the cat icon on the right side of the screen, tap the villager you want to leave then select "send home" then you'll have an empty spot with a + sign. Tap that + then select the animal you want to invite. Pretty simple.

If you have that many essence you must not have built many amenities yet. Build all the tier 2 ones, level them up to 5 then start the level 3's. I'm building the pool now - each level requires 50 essence and there are 5 of them. Believe me, you'll be scrounging for essence in no time.

I get 5-8 paper from Apollo and Stella every time I just talk to them as they are both level 13. Same goes for cotton from Maggie and Tex. Each villager gives different rewards, so invite those villagers to your campsite.

Pay attention to the type of material each villager gives. Like I said, there is a strategy. Yes, the game is repetitive like all mobile games, but maybe you're bored because you can't figure it out.

Be smarter about how you play and you might enjoy it more.

I haven't experienced any lag on my Kindle fire with a strong Wi-Fi signal.

I tried the thing you suggested with swapping. The game still does not give the option to send animals home. Isabella's guide on Host At Your Campsite also doesn't say anything about swapping them out or sending them home, only that you can "host them any time."

I have not met Stella. Maggie, or Tex yet. Seeing more & more characters from the Animal Crossing movie.

Last edited:
So I guess you are the only person who can't swap out campers.

When you Tap on the cat icon, then tap an animal's face, the Option to "send home" should come up. You can then add one by tapping the + sign.

Did you download a bad APK or something?

1sgzs7K.png

When I tap on Cherry, I get the option to send her home...

ca1Pspt.png

Then you Tap the + sign where she used to be and you'll see all the villagers you can invite (once you've met their requirements and hosted them once)

If you don't have this option, try uninstalling and reinstalling. If your game IS working properly and you simply can't figure it out, maybe this game isn't for you. Try something for ages 5-10 maybe?

Last edited:
You don't have to be physically next to friends to buy from them. But because you are already bored of the game, I won't tell you how to do it without physically being next to them. Maybe that'll give you another 5 minutes of entertainment.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I WILL tell you that the "cat" icon people are referring to is NOT the cat icon at the bottom of your screen, but it is the cat icon that only appears while you are at your campground site. It appears at the RIGHT SIDE of the screen.

I'm not going to lie... I'm just turned off to the fact that it took up like 346 freaking MB. XD

So I guess you are the only person who can't swap out campers.

When you Tap on the cat icon, then tap an animal's face, the Option to "send home" should come up. You can then add one by tapping the + sign.

Did you download a bad APK or something?

1sgzs7K.png

When I tap on Cherry, I get the option to send her home...

ca1Pspt.png

Then you Tap the + sign where she used to be and you'll see all the villagers you can invite (once you've met their requirements and hosted them once)

If you don't have this option, try uninstalling and reinstalling. If your game IS working properly and you simply can't figure it out, maybe this game isn't for you. Try something for ages 5-10 maybe?

Mine has no cat icon on the right at the camp & the menus look very different. & my animals level caped at 7. I must have an prototype leak or something (was there an E3 demo?). I did have trouble finding an apk, most of the links lead to pages that were dmca'd. I think I'll just wait for the official release (probably next week) & play it once a day.

I'm going on a 3 hour car trip around thanksgiving with my husband & kids, & I was hoping to avoid having to buy them new games for their 3DS before christmas. This just seemed like the right game to keep them preoccupied for the trip, but between the increasing lag, the fact that their kindles have no 4G, the fact that you can't play them offline, the fact that the wifi would have to be generated from our phones, & how fast this game drains battery power when you have 4 people in the car who all brought their electronics.... I was really hoping ACPC wouldn't have been an always-online streaming service. There are mobile games that you can play offline.

Okay, I get it. I was being snarky. I amended my list. Apparently my wording on some things was misconstrued & came off as pretty irritable, & on others, it was issues with the apk version. Most weren't necessarily pointing out the game's faults. I kind of mostly just ended up pointing out the differences between Pocket Camp & New Leaf & blending it in with some technical issues.

Last edited:
That’s what happens when you play an app nonstop. They don’t have much to offer.

Last edited:
Back