• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you an optimist, pessimist, realist,opportunist, or idealist?

Which are you?

• Total voters
Pessimist, realist and idealist.

Idealist = My writing and other creations/ideas I come up with on a regular basis.

Realist = Me generally.

Pessimist = Me generally.

I'm 100% a pessimist. I've had so many bad experiences in life that I haven't a reason to view the world in a positive light. I tend to expect the worst out of every situation and person I meet because I've been let down so often.

I'm a mix between an optimist and realist, depending on the situation.

No idea. I guess I'd say realist, but I also always try to see the bright side with everything.

I tend to be a strong mix between optimist and pessimist, but I like to think of myself as an optimist. I have anxiety, which is where most of my pessimism comes from, but before I developed anxiety, I was almost purely optimistic, so I kinda like to think of it as less that I'm a pessimist, and more that I'm an optimist with a pessimist camping in my head.

Interesting that most pessimists are realists and vice versa.

Sad, anger and sassy people are just blunt/honest. :)

I'm definitely a pessimist but that's mainly because of my anxiety, I tend to catastrophize a lot.

I'm definitely a pessimist. On the rare occasions when I try to be optimistic, the world shows me why I shouldn't.

If it's even possible, I'm a combination of optimist and pessimist.

Sometimes I'm like "I see myself in 10 years working as an astronomer, probably at NASA. Then in my free time, I can play music for people. That's the life!"

And then other times I'm like "I'm not worth anything, I keep messing up on my assignments, and no one will want to hire a physicist who constantly messes up on problems and isn't efficient enough."

In a way, I probably lean more towards pessimist.

Im definitely optimistic. It’s not like I believe 100% in what I’m saying. For example, if a friend is convinced that they did terrible on a test, I know of course that they might actually have done really bad but still say something positive they tried their best so they never know, or something like that. Like even if it’s for myself and I’m convinced that I did horrible on a test that mattered a lot I’ll think on the positive side that it’s not the end of the world. Even if I have to change majors as a result of failing I can get a life experience out of it, etc.

I just think it’s important to spread positive energy I guess.

for a pessimist, I'm pretty optimistic

to whoever gets the reference haha

10000000% a realist

honestly, you could also say im an optimist because im confident in my ability to deal with any situation that comes up, good or bad ones

Last edited:
Back