• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you going Black Friday Shopping/Do you like Black Friday?

Are you going Black Friday Shopping/Do you like Black Friday?

• Total voters

ChickpeaInThotvill

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Are you going Black Friday Shopping?

I would like to know who else is going Black Friday shopping!

This year'll be my first year of Black Friday shopping. I'm going with my mom and sister to our local mall then to Old Navy! I think it'll be fun, I know there'll be long lines and junk but I still have high hopes! :D

No lol I don't want to run into a stampede or see people fighting over a dress. D:

Last edited:
I went once when I visited my cousin for the holidays. I found my favourite winter jacket (that I haven't worn since 2014 because I live in the tropics now). It wasn't that crazy crowded but I did have to wait hours for my cousin to be finished. I vaguely remember attempting to go shopping on Black Friday with a couple friends in the city but didn't end up going because it was too crazy.

Im not going to Black Friday.

Uhh well I think Black Friday is great for buying early gifts but I'm disappointed that each year it hogs the attention away from Thanksgiving more and more. :/

Last edited:
I like to go to places like Gamestop for Black Friday, cause who doesn't want awesome deals on games and consoles??

But I don't normally go Black Friday shopping, I absolutely hate being in crowds of people, and BF is that absolute worst day to avoid crowds.

I went last year and it was super fun. I don't know of anything that I want coming out this year so I probably won't go.

I will this year. There's a couple things I want on sale. I'm afraid though lol

To me it's "Buy Nothing Day" and always has been. Black Friday is such a sad consumerist "holiday." The horror stories that come out of it are completely pathetic. It used to only be a US problem but it's spread to here in Canada now too. It's not as crazy (yet) but it's still there.

I can't stand the crowds and all the rude people. I usually send the hubby out to grab something or we just wait and do the online version of Black Friday, lol.

I've heard from my mom that some Black Friday sales are raffles now, so its less chaotic.

My mom still plans on sending me in though to buy a Switch with SMO and Splatoon 2 :p

No. And Eh, it's okay.

I hate people in general and have pretty horrible claustrophobia as well so I would be one of the people who would die getting trampled most likely. If anything I'll catch some online deals on amazon because I do like 90% of my shopping online anyways. I already have lists of stuff I want to get for people so hopefully some stuff on there will go on sale so I can nab them up, just glad I have money this year so I can maybe get a few deals, probably going to scout for a deal on a wiiu or something as the "big" present this year, so me and my honey can play guitar hero and wiisports together again. <3

I'll just be lurking online for deals rather than actually leaving the house

I'll stick to doing my Black Friday shopping online. Warm, safe and away from human beings.

I unfortunately am working on Black Friday. I used to think it was interesting to see how busy it got at malls, but it is no fun working ridiculous hours and dealing with that many customers in a store. I feel bad for the stores open 24 hours.

Nope. I'm already set for gifts (I usually make things), so there's no need to deal with the crowds. I work Friday and the weekend, anyway, but if I find I'm short on something, I will just order it from Amazon. I have a Prime account, so I get it in two days and don't have to fight through a sea of people.

Back