Can you trade amibo villagers?

Maiden

Magical girl
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I know that you can trade normal villagers, but is it possible with amibo characters? I have been after some Sanrio series characters but my 3ds camera doesn't work so I am unable to get them myself, if there's anyway of getting these characters I would love to know! Thank you😊

You can't adopt Sanrio villagers (same for the ones you get though the amiibo figurines) from others unfortunately. But you can get the villagers from the Welcome Amiibo Card series.

Nintendo's evil little scheme for money..

Last edited:
^^ yeah which i hate. i really realllyyyyy want etoile but it's impossible to get her card

You don't use the 3DS camera to read amiibos. You need the NFC reader, if you don't have a New 3DS/New 2DS XL.

I had the same problem. I really wanted etoile a while back and found out the hard way I couldn't adopt. I wonder why they made those unadoptable.

Last edited:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/554852...ch_query=sanrio amiibo cards&ref=sr_gallery_1

There are people selling custom Sanrio cards for pretty cheap, especially compared to the eBay prices.

I found out about custom amiibo cards the other day (I actually ended up buying some Sanrio ones, just from a different seller though, since they were cheaper and the ones linked don't ship to my country) and I think they're ingenious!
I'm definitely not going to shell out $60+ to scalpers just for a few paper cards, and honestly, with the amount of money Nintendo makes, I don't exactly think handmade amiibo cards will really hurt them; especially since you can only really get them second-hand nowadays, and I'm pretty sure Nintendo is trying to phase them out anyways.

@ OP, I think handmade amiibo cards are always a really good option if you're desperate to get Sanrio villagers but can't afford to shell out the cash for official ones :)

I found out about custom amiibo cards the other day (I actually ended up buying some Sanrio ones, just from a different seller though, since they were cheaper and the ones linked don't ship to my country) and I think they're ingenious!
I'm definitely not going to shell out $60+ to scalpers just for a few paper cards, and honestly, with the amount of money Nintendo makes, I don't exactly think handmade amiibo cards will really hurt them; especially since you can only really get them second-hand nowadays, and I'm pretty sure Nintendo is trying to phase them out anyways.

@ OP, I think handmade amiibo cards are always a really good option if you're desperate to get Sanrio villagers but can't afford to shell out the cash for official ones :)

This lady added Australia to her list. It's who I bought from at Etsy. :)

www.etsy.com/au/listing/538702757/animal-crossing-fanmade-custom-sanrio?ref=shop_home_active_2

Back