• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Anyone got mushrooms

Maiden

Magical girl
Bells
Feedback
100% (17) +
I'm in need of mushrooms specifically flat ones for the harvest festival event that I have sort of skipped to 😅

Hello Maiden, I have two mushrooms (Elegant mushroom and a skinny mushroom) :) You can have them for free if you'd like.
Please let me know if you are interested :)

hi all,
I'v been looking into increasing my winter food production and it occured to me that growing mushrooms might be worth a go. I'm just unsure as to how to go about it. I get the occasional field mushroom which are very nice but i'd like more. Do i need to buy the spores? or can i just pinch them from the existing mushroom population? Will i need to heat the growing area?
i'v got an old book on the topic but it insists that i need to make or purchase mushroom compost.
any advise or experience would be much appreciated.

- - - Post Merge - - -

hi all,
I'v been looking into increasing my winter food production and it occured to me that growing mushrooms might be worth a go. I'm just unsure as to how to go about it. I get the occasional field mushroom which are very nice but i'd like more. Do i need to buy the spores? or can i just pinch them from the existing mushroom population? Will i need to heat the growing area?
i'v got an old book on the topic but it insists that i need to make or purchase mushroom compost.
any advise or experience would be much appreciated.

Back