• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you funnier online or in real life?

moonford

moon boi
Peach 🍑
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Ruby
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Leif
Are you funnier online or in real life?

A lot of my humour is dry, dark, ironic, satirical or self deprecation so I need to be able to express that in person to actually make someone laugh.

Don't mean to toot my own horn but I've literally reduced people to tears of laughter, so it's safe to say I'm funnier in real life.

Online I'm a bit of a tool who uses diva humour.

Last edited:
i think that my jokes tend to land better online and im a lot more out there and extraverted compared to IRL (with most people at least)
either way i always laugh at my own jokes because im stupid

Last edited:
When I was a bit younger people always found me amusing online (not sure why because I was extremely cringey), but in real life I was so anti-social. Now I act a bit less like I used to online, but I have an easier time talking to people in real life & a lot of people seem to find me amusing.

I don't think I'm funny online or in real life, but in real life I don't talk at all so by default online I guess.

Depends. I have no idea if I'm even funny online, but I can get my friend to laugh a bit in real life. Then again, we have weird senses of humor. Nothing offensive, just... weird.

I think I'm funnier online, but that's because I have more time to think. But honestly, online or in person, I'm funniest when I'm angry or annoyed, I get really quick-witted.

online, even though some people here might think otherwise lol.

irl, I'm really quiet and shy and only my friends get to experience the wild/funny side of me, so everyone knows me as that "quiet girl who never raises her hand". Some guy actually called me that, wasn't offended though. when I'm alone I'm definitely super crazy, I'd probably have more friends irl if I acted the way I did at home in school

I'm not really in general but probably more so in real life. Only amongst friends though.

I think my tone irl makes things I say way funnier but on the other hand there ain't no stuttering via text so it's pretty even I'd say.

Real life. I try to be funny online, but it doesn't work out.

I'm laughing so hard 'cause we're perfectly exemplifying what I meant. I can't tell how serious any of this is.
Oh, this is an example? I thought you were making some sort of flame war. Lets just stop before it gets worse, no seriously.

Back