• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you funnier online or in real life?

I'd probably say a little of both. Online and offline, but that's mainly because I act myself whether I'm in person or online.

Real life. I have little filter on somethings in real life and sometimes it makes me much funnier.

Online I have to type things out and think about it, and I can face harsher criticism online.

real life! i suck at writing things consisely enough online to make it funny

I'm much funnier online, though my humor is for ironic purposes or it's sarcastic, so the people that don't realize it's a joke. I'm a cringy, try-hard in real life (unless I'm tired, people say I'm funnier when I'm tired)

Story!

A couple months ago I posted some stupid show or movie thing on Snapchat and captioned it with something like, "My fav" or something and some kid from my church asked me if it was true and then I had to explain that it was just a joke

Last edited:
I don't really think I'm funny at all. I have a dry, dark sense of humor but I don't use it much because I never know how people will take it. I appreciate things that are funny, but I'm not usually the one to make people laugh.

Definitely irl. I really relate to op in this. I have an odd humor that really relies on in person expression and interaction. Part of my humor comes from my attitude. I'm a bit if a female dog in real life that translates as humor to some but really I'm serious but I allow them to laugh so they don't feel bad. See. That was a joke. Definitely funnier in person.
Post automatically merged:

I think I'm funnier offline when I'm in private, but funnier online in more public spaces.

Ok. See. I would attack that so hard irl and my expressions would be what really gets you. It isn't you. It's how you wrote it. You left it wide open for interpretation and thats a dangerous thing around me. I have no idea what you mean by funnier in private. Like you laugh at your own jokes funny? And there's the face. Keeping it pg.

Definitely irl! I don't have any friends online whatsoever to even have someone judge how funny I can be here for example so I can't say!

i'm funny both in person and online, its one of my strengths lol

hmmm. i feel like i'm funnier online. i have trouble sorting out my thoughts/articulating what i mean so a lot of stuff i say in real life i have to explain more then once till someone understands, but i only know how to explain it in the way i first said it (if that makes sense) so i just repeat what i said till someone gets it cus idk how else to articulate it. online i have the time to type and think it out more before i post so i can figure out what i mean to say even if it still doesn't make sense sometimes.

i'm not funny anyways so it's not like it matters lol

Both honestly. Maybe a teensy bit higher irl as I can make people laugh till they cry, lol.

IRL I've been told that I've a droll, self-deprecating sense of humour. Nobody laughs at what I say. There's usually some raising of eyebrows and, occasionally, frowning.

Online, I'm not funny at all. Way too serious. I don't like online-me. 😑

IRL I can usually make my friends and family laugh pretty consistently. Having something to riff at like a movie can make jokes come more naturally. The only problem is I’m dead serious around strangers. I find it easier to be serious than potentially be judged for my sense of humor...

Online I act the same as I do around close friends and family. The only difference is that I rarely crack jokes. I’ve never been able to translate humor into writing, so I usually avoid trying. If I’m doing voice chat with someone I will try to find things to joke about.

Back