• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How self-conscious of your body are you?

i used to be self conscious of my height because i was so tall growing up. im 6'1 and 16 now and i dont have a problem with it anymore even tho a lot of my friends are short which makes me feel out of place sometimes but its not bad

i always am :( started like 3 years ago after i got rejected by someone i liked...for some reason i turned it against my appearance and have always since watched my weight and it just never went away.

i dont know whens the last time i even ate "junk" food. i dont eat anything with sugar unless its fruit so cookies/cakes and all that are out of the question. a lot of junk food automatically is out of the question anyway since ive been vegan for 3 years too.

i also read whatever is in the ingredients 100% of the time and i have a good idea of how many calories i eat a day.

i used to be worse before though, i used to weigh and count my calories to the T, sometimes hitting only 700 cals/day.
ive gotten better tho, i ignore the pressure of being thin and accept myself more.

i have a loving boyfriend too which makes me feel better.

Last edited:
I've always known that I'll be skinny for years to come.

When your 14 and you only weigh 105 pounds, yeah, something's wrong with me.

At least I'm stronger than most of the other skinny teens at my age/school.

I can bench-press a 90 pound weight, which is a bit surprising.

I saw this one guy who was skinny as me and could barely lift a 40 pounder. (I must be lucky)

I'm not happy about any of my body, I typically wear clothes that don't highlight my torso area so I live in baggy things or if it's black cause that's like the magic colour

For my face I feel ok when wearing makeup but without it I'll avoid talking or looking at people

Very. I'm 60kg and I'm 5'6, so I guess that isn't too overweight, and I don't have much fat on me (it's kinda more muscle in my arms), but I'm thicc lol.

Just checked and no, 60kg isn't overweight for a 5'6 male of my body stature.
Nice.

Last edited:
While I dislike my stick figure and large boobs, I wonder to myself how many other women are currently undergoing breast enlargement or would die to have bigger boobs. We constantly seem to want what we don't have which has what taught me to appreciate and love my boobies. I was blessed with them and I'm not going to change them.

They are a huge pain within many areas; bras are incredibly difficult to shop for. Before, when I used to be a C cup during my teens I would just shop at Primark and get a couple of bras at a very reasonable price. Now, I have no option but to turn to online shopping which I absolutely hate. It means I cannot try the bra on before buying it so I can't be positive whether I will be satisfied. Along with this, bras at sizes D+ are always going to be expensive, it's a clear no brainer.

Since I have narrow shoulders and thus a small back, my body cannot handle a lot of the weight from my chest at all. My back is constantly in pain and my god is it bad during my time of the month.

To answer the question, my overall answer is I'm comfortable with who I am and as I get older I care less and less about how I look.

I am honestly right there with you on the chest stuff... I wear a DDD/G and it's so hard to find bras that fit right, and that don't cost an arm and a leg. -_- Everyone is so jealous of them and I'm just like PLEASE TAKE THEM! If only it were that easy, once I am older and have the kids I want and stuff I am 100% getting a reduction because the back pain and everything is not worth it.

I am honestly right there with you on the chest stuff... I wear a DDD/G and it's so hard to find bras that fit right, and that don't cost an arm and a leg. -_- Everyone is so jealous of them and I'm just like PLEASE TAKE THEM! If only it were that easy, once I am older and have the kids I want and stuff I am 100% getting a reduction because the back pain and everything is not worth it.

I don't think women realize how much of a struggle they are unless you have them yourself. I dread to have kids for that reason, if they're too big now, how big will they be when I do have children and want to breast feed?

I can't even lay flat down on my stomach without them hurting, I'm always having to lay on my side. :/

I'm incredibly self conscious and have anxiety, but I'm so lazy I haven't bothered to try and fix this.
No clubs at school that are sporty interest me and some of them I can't even do due to back surgery I had.

i hate myself in so many ways lol so yes im self conscious. i?ve been avoiding certain types of clothing for years because of insecurities hdddjsjzjjd
i?ve always felt gross and like a waste of space and feeling big (eithr fat or just ?????? taller or broader thn other people or soemthing??) makes me want to kms haha. i?ve struggled a lot with my body image and i still do but i try to be kind to myself and not let it affect my eating habits but it?s hard.
i wore short shorts once at home in 4th or 5th grade and it made me want to die bc i hted myself so much so lol im not doing that again like Ever. i never wear shorts or light colorwd pants either bc i hate myself. I live in big and formless sweaters bc they hide many of my insecurities well enough.

my teeth are messed up, i need braces but i have put off getting them so i dislike that about myself too. my skin and hair often looks bad. i think i just look weird (like w my face and especially when i smile) and i hate seeing pictures of myself because they remind me of how much i hate myself l m a o

i constantly find things i hate about my body or appearance which sucks lol but i have giant issues w self esteem, feelings of self worth and all that and hating the way i look is just one part of it all. yikes, i should probably work on this a bit more but it?s difficult bc i hate myself so much and im afraid that others will hate me if i admit that to them? lollll idk

i used to be brutal on myself, but am slowly becoming more accepting and loving of myself

I'm VERY self-conscious of my body! I HATE being fat and have struggled w/ it all my life. It's gotten really bad in the past 2 or 3 years though....I'm gonna be getting Hydroxycut and see if that helps w/ some good ol' exercise. I'm DETERMINED to get skinny!

Back