Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Mint
Purple Candy
Blue Candy
Have you ever had multiple bad luck days in a row, wondering what can I do today?

Since Luck effects both fishing and mining, you won't get much luck with either.
I just started a new Save file and got about 2 weeks of bad luck in a row.
Then one day it rained and I had good luck on that day. I didn't want to waste it!
I upgraded my watering can first thing in the morning since it was the end of Spring and the last of my crops had just finished, then I gathered everything I needed and went straight to the mines. Before I knew it I was on floor 44 and it was almost 2 AM.
I wasn't about to lose any of my hard-earned cash, so I used a trick that let me stay up past 2.

When the sleeping animation plays, open up your journal. It'll still play after a few in game minutes, but you can just reopen the journal and do it again.

After I got safely out of the mines I headed to the beach and fished for a while, which got me the raining night fish in Spring. Make sure to use the same trick (opening the journal) while you're fishing, it'll save you time and you'll get about 1 bite every 10 in game minutes, no matter what rod or bait you're using.

On Festival days, it's honestly quite hard for me to do anything. What do you do when the town or forest is blocked off?

On forest festival days: Do what you'd normally do until the time for the festival rolls around. If it's a good luck day, mine, fish, etc. If it's entirely pointless for you to go (The first Flower Dance for example) then don't. It won't have any negative penalties.

On Town festival days:
Head to the forest, do some river fishing or collect some items. Work on your farm, if you have the bus and the key, go to Skull Cavern, if you have the mine carts, go mining. There are plenty of workarounds for the annoying aspect of not being able to do much on festival days. Again, if you don't want to go, then don't go.

On bad luck days, I'd always just clean up my farm, go around and talk to everyone and then sleep when my energy ran out.

I know there's a lot more to do later on, especially if you have an expansive farm with lots of crops, animals, etc, so I guess this is more for people with a new save file, but I hope someone gets something out of this other than me.

Back