• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What was your dream job as a child?

I wanted to be an actress and a singer, but then I grew up with a weird face and kind of a flat singing voice. Oh well. ?\_(ツ)_/?

I wanted to be an Astronomer, travelling teacher, zoologist/ marine biologist or a photographer.

Which I have now just turned into side hobbies because they are really difficult career paths.

Last edited:
For those of us who are old enough to have started our careers or be in college training, we should maybe also say what we're actually doing, too. I'm in college training to be a concept artist! :)

I always wanted to be a chef, because I like food and eating it. Than I realized if I ate the food I was supposed to serve to others, I probably wouldn't have a job.

When I was young, I wanted to a forensic scientist. After that, I wasn't really sure, but thought it'd be cool being a camera person lmao
LuCKILY, after choosing my college options, I suddenly had an idea of what I wanted to do, which was a degree in molecular biology. I don't know how I'm going to use my degree exactly, but I feel so much more relieved and happy than a few months ago

I wanted to be a farmer lol because of Harvest Moon 64 I guess. Having been on a few farms since then I have to say I don't mind the actual work but the smell is intolerable, although I suppose you'd get used to it if you were around it all the time. I also went through a long period of wanting to be a game developer, and later a novelist. ?\_(ツ)_/? For a brief period of time I also wanted to be a garbage man but my mum got mad when I told her that lmao... I still got mad respect for trash collectors. >;/

A vet till I realized I'd have to put down animals. I don't know how they can do it without crying.

I didn't have a lot of career ideas as a child, pretty much the same as now lol. I probably thought being a teacher would be cool, but after working as a teaching assistant I'm not so sure about that anymore.

An author. I still might be one....but I don't feel like it's a good job.

You could do what my sister's doing. She's getting an English degree at University with the goal of becoming an editor at a publishing company. She's going to write her novels on the side.

My ultimate dream was to be an aircraft pilot. Unfortunately during high school, my eyesight went poor and didn't meet the requirement to be one since they have certain vision requirement standard to enter the aviation school.

Moving on, I decided to go to business and marketing school, majoring in hospitality management.

You know what do I do for the living now? I am an art teacher. lmao. Man, life is really unpredictable :/

At 4 years old I wanted to be a pirate but my parents were against it...So today I'm not a pirate.

- - - Post Merge - - -

A vet till I realized I'd have to put down animals. I don't know how they can do it without crying.

I thought about that too, around 7 yo, and abandoned the idea for the same reason.

An artist. I've always been big into art so I thought I'd be a professional when I got older. What a joke!

Back