What was your dream job as a child?

thisistian

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Pear (Fruit)
White Rose
Are you living the dream?

I used to want to be an author when I was a kid, having been a huge fan of Jacqueline Wilson books. Now, at 18, I've settled for a career in marketing and communications. That's right - I got realistic.

Lmao, I've never actually settled for a dream job as a kid. Originally, I wanted to be a clown, but then my older sister told me that I would be awful at it and won't get paid. Then I switched to wanting to be a cop, but the same sister told me I would get myself killed somehow. And since then, I've bounced from cop to teacher to lawyer to author to now, nurse.

when I was younger and my parents were renovating the basement, I'd build little houses out of leftover wood, so for a while I wanted to be a carpenter or an architect :p I also wanted to be an astronaut for a little bit, idk why though. now I have no idea what I want to be haha

Up until I was about 5, I wanted to be a veterinarian (mostly because I loved cats so much).

After I started taking piano lessons when I was 6 1/2, I wanted to be a musician. And I still do! ^^

I have always wanted to be an artist. It would be cool to draw characters for a comic or animated show. I currently work in retail though, so that's not super exciting.

Was a mix of being a Veterinarian and Doctor, I ended up deciding of wanting to become a Doctor.

Last edited:
I used to want to be a doctor ...

Now I wanna be a scientist or a computer game developer geek thing xD

The first thing I ever wanted to be was a paleontologist because I was obsessed with dinosaurs as a kid

I have been wanting to be an artist since I was little child me. I used to practice or rather copy, but I just quit after not being so happy with what I was doing. I was still doing some art I didn't copy in the years I quit. However recently I wanted to draw again with more creativity this time. Since I'm about to enter into highschool, I want to train like crazy, with some passion in me as I can't do art without the passion. I'm still trying to be an artist to this day and I will still be trying to.

I wanted to be the Grim Reaper when I was really little and did not even understand that that‘s not actually a job. Now I‘m a software engineer, so that’s close enough. lmao

My dream job was to be a dog tamer....
...I didn't know pitbulls existed back then :(

I didn't have one...

But I want to have a job at an ice cream shop for sure.

I actually don't think I've ever had a dream job. I never liked it when people asked about it. In kindergarten I told people I wanted to become a police officer but I think it was only because they expected some sort of answer. In senior high I just stuck to telling people I wanted to be a truck driver (????)

I wanted to be a veterinarian from the time I was about 4 or 5 until I started college. Then, I realized I wouldn't be able to handle working with sick or dying animals. I'm a librarian instead now.

When I was a kid I wanted to be the drummer for Metallica lmao, which is hilarious because I don't play the drums or any instrument at all. I've never even taken lessons for drums.

Back