• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What was your dream job as a child?

Fairly sure I wanted to be an explorer. I would still love to travel the world, but I don't really think it could be my career.

Scientist or police officer. Can't be either because 1) not smart enough to be a scientist ;-; and 2) I can't be a cop because I've got mental illness on my record welp whatever.

I wanted to be a teacher for the longest time ever. Now I'm going off to study architecture next September.

i think i said i wanted to be a doctor but that's just want the teachers told me to be
i didn't know and i still dont
a translator sounds cool but i suck at learning languages

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have been wanting to be an artist since I was little child me. I used to practice or rather copy, but I just quit after not being so happy with what I was doing. I was still doing some art I didn't copy in the years I quit. However recently I wanted to draw again with more creativity this time. Since I'm about to enter into highschool, I want to train like crazy, with some passion in me as I can't do art without the passion. I'm still trying to be an artist to this day and I will still be trying to.
keep going! make sure to use lots of references!
one mistake a made a lot when i was younger was just drawing the human face and not the body so it's good to focus on lots of different things and you wont regret the time you spent when you were younger :)

i wanted to be a teacher for the longest time haha. i think i also wanted to be an artist (specifically painting).

I wanted to become a doctor but one thing led to another and now I can't anymore :(.

i wanted to be an illustrator of books, honestly might do that as a career (":

when i was a child i wanted to be the ice cream man, because you drive a truck and i figured i'd get all the ice cream i could eat too....

Last edited:
I wanted to be a scientist when I was younger, but my interests have changed now. I'm not exactly sure what I want to be when I get older, but I've been interested in being a dancer or a humanitarian.

the dream job i had as a child was becoming an author. i still am very passionate about writing and would like to pursue writing books one day, but of course that doesn't usually work out just by itself. i might go into law... or something.

Marine Biologist. I watched a lot of H20: Just Add Water XD
I realised I'm no where near smart enough for that haha

The first job I was really adamant about as a kid was being a dentist. Looking back, I gave no idea why I wanted to be one so badly. I must have really liked my childhood dentist. Later on in childhood and up to high school, I wanted to be an architect. I especially enjoyed making blueprints of forts and castles as a kid, and even took a drafting class in high school. My mom kinda got me to re-evaluate my career choice because of an architect she knew who couldnt find work, so that was discouraging. I?m in school now for marketing, graduating in spring and now im looking into starting my own business.
Sometimes I wish I stuck with architecture. My little cousin is now in school for it so maybe I can live vicariously through her.

an animator. used to be inspired by tons on youtube but i don't have the patience or talent for it

When I was a child I really wanted to become a doctor! However I was not enough good at school and Today I study English at university. I would like to become an elementary teacher.

I use to want to be a paleontologist because I really loved dinosaurs, but now I'm in advertising. I don't think I could ever be in a science related field lol it's really not my thing

at first i wanted to be a vet, even though i knew if i was i'd have to put down animals sometimes, but then i wanted to become a storyboard artist and that's still the plan

I always wanted to be a writer, which my mum has encouraged me with, and I'm writing my first novel! :)

So yes, I am living the dream :p

Last edited:
i wanted to be a marine biologist when i was younger. even now i still think that it would be a really cool job to have tbh.

I really wanted to be a Teacher. Though I had also wanted to be a vet but then I realized it meant that sometimes I’d have to put pets down :( and I wasn’t having that.. so Teacher it was. Now I’m working for my degree in graphic design for animation.

I wanted to be a vet as a kid. I really loved animals as a kid, and still do, but am now studying engineering xD I never saw myself doing something like what I'm doing, but I'm happy with what I'm doing and think I'll enjoy it once I graduate.

Back