• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What was your dream job as a child?

thisistian

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pear (Fruit)
White Rose
Are you living the dream?

I used to want to be an author when I was a kid, having been a huge fan of Jacqueline Wilson books. Now, at 18, I've settled for a career in marketing and communications. That's right - I got realistic.

Lmao, I've never actually settled for a dream job as a kid. Originally, I wanted to be a clown, but then my older sister told me that I would be awful at it and won't get paid. Then I switched to wanting to be a cop, but the same sister told me I would get myself killed somehow. And since then, I've bounced from cop to teacher to lawyer to author to now, nurse.

wanted to work for nasa but now i’m working in a library so, not even close

when I was younger and my parents were renovating the basement, I'd build little houses out of leftover wood, so for a while I wanted to be a carpenter or an architect :p I also wanted to be an astronaut for a little bit, idk why though. now I have no idea what I want to be haha

Up until I was about 5, I wanted to be a veterinarian (mostly because I loved cats so much).

After I started taking piano lessons when I was 6 1/2, I wanted to be a musician. And I still do! ^^

I have always wanted to be an artist. It would be cool to draw characters for a comic or animated show. I currently work in retail though, so that's not super exciting.

Was a mix of being a Veterinarian and Doctor, I ended up deciding of wanting to become a Doctor.

Last edited:
I used to want to be a doctor ...

Now I wanna be a scientist or a computer game developer geek thing xD

The first thing I ever wanted to be was a paleontologist because I was obsessed with dinosaurs as a kid

I have been wanting to be an artist since I was little child me. I used to practice or rather copy, but I just quit after not being so happy with what I was doing. I was still doing some art I didn't copy in the years I quit. However recently I wanted to draw again with more creativity this time. Since I'm about to enter into highschool, I want to train like crazy, with some passion in me as I can't do art without the passion. I'm still trying to be an artist to this day and I will still be trying to.

I wanted to be the Grim Reaper when I was really little and did not even understand that that‘s not actually a job. Now I‘m a software engineer, so that’s close enough. lmao

wanted to do the same thing as my dad, onc/hem doctor, and still do

My dream job was to be a dog tamer....
...I didn't know pitbulls existed back then :(

I didn't have one...

But I want to have a job at an ice cream shop for sure.

I actually don't think I've ever had a dream job. I never liked it when people asked about it. In kindergarten I told people I wanted to become a police officer but I think it was only because they expected some sort of answer. In senior high I just stuck to telling people I wanted to be a truck driver (????)

I want to be a interpreter. I love learning langauges amd traveling. :p

I wanted to be a veterinarian from the time I was about 4 or 5 until I started college. Then, I realized I wouldn't be able to handle working with sick or dying animals. I'm a librarian instead now.

When I was a kid I wanted to be the drummer for Metallica lmao, which is hilarious because I don't play the drums or any instrument at all. I've never even taken lessons for drums.

Back