• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Animal Crossing for the Nintendo Switch?

I truly hope a new AC game isn't to do with pocket cramp!

No way I'd buy that rubbish.
The only thing that could probably happen is that you get to transfer Pocket Camp Exclusive items over to the AC Switch, that's how I see it.

I don't and WON'T play PC, ever. So if it's needed to obtain items in a Switch game, then I won't be playing AC for Switch either.

I don't and WON'T play PC, ever. So if it's needed to obtain items in a Switch game, then I won't be playing AC for Switch either.

So apparently, this one inconsequential detail will ruin Animal Crossing Switch forever for you. Brilliant opinion, I must say!

Seriously enough, how comes the existence of unlockable Pocket Camp items on the Switch iteration would detract that much your enjoyment? They'll very likely make up for a very small part of the overall package, and aren't going to be mandatory for enjoying the game. It's not like the Animal Crossing installments were begging you to achieve 100% completion to begin with.

So apparently, this one inconsequential detail will ruin Animal Crossing Switch forever for you. Brilliant opinion, I must say!

Seriously enough, how comes the existence of unlockable Pocket Camp items on the Switch iteration would detract that much your enjoyment? They'll very likely make up for a very small part of the overall package, and aren't going to be mandatory for enjoying the game. It's not like the Animal Crossing installments were begging you to achieve 100% completion to begin with.

Yep. It would ruin it.
I'm sick of AC internet required aspects that never allow me, and a lot of others, to never complete the game.

Streetpass. A complete waste. I never go out.

HH Showcase. A massive waste of space. It will always be empty. :-/

Just because I prefer a solo game, and am not interested in internet interaction, doesn't make my opinion a bad one, because it differs from yours. o_O

I have only a mobile phone for internet, and have to pay a fortune for data.

My opinion is a valid one.

Yep. It would ruin it.
I'm sick of AC internet required aspects that never allow me, and a lot of others, to never complete the game.

Streetpass. A complete waste. I never go out.

HH Showcase. A massive waste of space. It will always be empty. :-/

Just because I prefer a solo game, and am not interested in internet interaction, doesn't make my opinion a bad one, because it differs from yours. o_O

I have only a mobile phone for internet, and have to pay a fortune for data.

My opinion is a valid one.

I think your opinion kind of ceases to be valid when you’re demanding the removal of popular features just because you personally cannot use them, but that’s probably just me. :(

Anyways, I’m kind of expecting it to be announced between now and June (E3), and it to release between September and December of this year. New Leaf was a bit of a fluke with how long it’s announcement to release took. Also, if it arrives in September, it can be used to show off some of the fancy features of the new Nintendo Switch Online paid service. (Hopefully some aspects remain free :p)

Last edited:
I'm not demanding anything! o_O

I truly don't care anymore.

NL is great.
I'll stick with that, and IF they make a decent AC for Switch without forced internet, and no gaping wastes of space like the HHA Showcase, then I may give it a whirl.

My opinion IS valid.
The only problem with my opinion, is that it differs from your opinion.

Last edited:
I hate to break it to ya, but there is a slim chance of multiplayer features being scaled back, they have only gotten more advanced with each game since the creation of the franchise.

But I’m a little confused on something: is there anything that actually forces you to connect online that effects the single player-only experience? All I can think of is...
  1. the island (which still functions in single player but just less interesting)
  2. the train station customizations
  3. free DLC items (which have been done since wild world)
  4. turnips (multiplayer isn’t really required, though)
  5. non-native fruit (you can obtain them by mailing your own villagers, however)

Everything else major kind of keeps to it’s own side of the Single Player vs Multi Player (like the HHA showcase) split, or are fully functional with either. (Also some of this stuff can be done with local multiplayer, which doesn’t require internet)

I feel like in NL even without connecting online you get 90%+ of the content, and ACS will have to be a similar amount, because it’s a portable which can’t be trusted to always have internet. (and paid online)

But I do think stable internet is a norm now, and Animal Crossing has some amazing potential for expanded MP. I’m excited to see what they do to expand on it in the future.

Last edited:
My country never gets any DLC. (Australia).

I'm just not interested in a communal game.

I don't WANT to have to spend $100's in mobile data, to visit other towns, to unlock the upgrade.

My card in NL has two gaping holes. Streetpass badge, and visiting other towns.

I can't and don't, and shouldn't HAVE to visit 500 towns or whatever absurd amount, to complete the game.

It costs me $10 each gig block for data, and I've gone through that in a day, just posting here!

I have my mobile as a router to visit other towns.
I'm a solo player.

I stopped buying games in google play, because they require internet to log in! o_O

Login to WHAT?

It's MY game, on MY phone!

Nope.
Not anymore. :-/

I'm out of this conversation now, as you won't change my thinking.
I know the cost involved. (To me.)

My country never gets any DLC. (Australia).

I'm just not interested in a communal game.

I don't WANT to have to spend $100's in mobile data, to visit other towns, to unlock the upgrade.

My card in NL has two gaping holes. Streetpass badge, and visiting other towns.

I can't and don't, and shouldn't HAVE to visit 500 towns or whatever absurd amount, to complete the game.

It costs me $10 each gig block for data, and I've gone through that in a day, just posting here!

I have my mobile as a router to visit other towns.
I'm a solo player.

I stopped buying games in google play, because they require internet to log in! o_O

Login to WHAT?

It's MY game, on MY phone!

Nope.
Not anymore. :-/

I'm out of this conversation now, as you won't change my thinking.
I know the cost involved. (To me.)

im sorry that it costs so much for you to have to play online, that part sucks
and its ok to have your opinion theres nothing wrong with it

but on the other hand do you want to let the next game be ruined because they include a way to make it so you can get a few items from another of their games? im certain it will be quite minor and wont be game changing
i myself am mostly single player in animal crossing and i didnt like the street pass thing in new leaf (i live in the middle of nowhere, and after about 6 months of trying to street pass someone i didnt get anyone)

The thing i can tell you is that the game will be fun single player and you really wont be missing much for not playing online

It's honestly a matter of when, not if. But when it does come, I don't think it'll be the Animal Crossing as we know it now. Nintendo seems to be on a Reinvention kick right now, so I am willing to bet on Animal Crossing Switch being something grand in comparison to New Leaf, akin to what Breath of the Wild was to the Zelda series.

But no matter the direction they take, we're all in for something good.

I'd love to see some things return from New Leaf like:
being able to become Mayor
Everything that made New Leaf so Well-Loved
Resetti being Completely Optional

Here's what I'd like nintendo to add to Animal Crossing for Nintendo Switch:

Character Customization(Skin Tone, Eye Color, Eye Type, etc)
CO-OP Local Multiplayer
Ability to choose either to be Mayor(Like in New Leaf) or a Normal Citizen(Every game Pre-New Leaf)
old & New Amiibo Compatibility(Like Being able to recieve Villagers based off of Revali, Marina, Pearl, Mipha, etc New Amiibo that came After New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo as well as Amiibo that were compatable with Welcome Amiibo)
Utilization of the Features of the Nintendo Switch(Ability to play on & Off TV; HD Rumble, Motion Controls, IR Camera, etc)
Removal of the Grass Deterioration featured from City Folk & Beyond

I'd love to see some things return from New Leaf like:
being able to become Mayor
Everything that made New Leaf so Well-Loved
Resetti being Completely Optional

Here's what I'd like nintendo to add to Animal Crossing for Nintendo Switch:

Character Customization(Skin Tone, Eye Color, Eye Type, etc)
CO-OP Local Multiplayer
Ability to choose either to be Mayor(Like in New Leaf) or a Normal Citizen(Every game Pre-New Leaf)
old & New Amiibo Compatibility(Like Being able to recieve Villagers based off of Revali, Marina, Pearl, Mipha, etc New Amiibo that came After New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo as well as Amiibo that were compatable with Welcome Amiibo)
Utilization of the Features of the Nintendo Switch(Ability to play on & Off TV; HD Rumble, Motion Controls, IR Camera, etc)
Removal of the Grass Deterioration featured from City Folk & Beyond

im sorry that it costs so much for you to have to play online, that part sucks
and its ok to have your opinion theres nothing wrong with it

but on the other hand do you want to let the next game be ruined because they include a way to make it so you can get a few items from another of their games? im certain it will be quite minor and wont be game changing
i myself am mostly single player in animal crossing and i didnt like the street pass thing in new leaf (i live in the middle of nowhere, and after about 6 months of trying to street pass someone i didnt get anyone)

The thing i can tell you is that the game will be fun single player and you really wont be missing much for not playing online

You are missing the point.

I don't want to play online.

So don't play online? It's not fair to punish/penalize others just because it's something you don't want. No reason everyone can't be happy ;)

Last edited:
So don't play online? It's not fair to punish/penalize others just because it's something you don't want. No reason everyone can't be happy ;)

I'm not doing that.
If anything, people are trying to push online play onto me. :(

But it figures I'd be the one at fault. :(

I CAN'T AND DO NOT WANT TO DO THING SO I DON'T WANT OTHERS TO DO THING EITHER!!

Nintendo is only going to continue pushing Animal Crossing as their social game, and if Switch Online is going to be as big as they're hyping it up to be, then it only stands to reason that Animal Crossing Switch WILL make use of it to a great degree. The series has always been big on the social aspect even during the Gamecube days, and they grow more and more with each passing release. Yes it sucks that not everyone can take part in these features, but those that can't versus those that can makes up a very teeny, tiny fraction. Add to that that these social aspects thus far have only been extra flavoring on a completely contained single player experience, and you have absolutely zero reason to be reacting in such a way, let alone your "ME ME ME!" outbursts in this thread.

No one is trying to push online onto you anywhere from what I've read, but you on the other hand ARE playing the victim here and overreacting. Even going as far as supposedly leaving conversation only to come back with the same grandiose use of BBcode to punctuate your point. Take your Switch. Play Animal Crossing and enjoy yourself. Missing one or two items that are added after the fact to an already feature complete game should not, in any way, be a reason for anyone to miss out on an event that is to be the release of a high-definition portable Animal Crossing title. It's akin to refusing to play something like Xenoblade 2 or Breath of the Wild when they receive new, optional DLC story content a year after the fact. It didn't have any affect on the final package at the beginning and certainly won't have any affect later on.

I'm not doing that.
If anything, people are trying to push online play onto me. :(

But it figures I'd be the one at fault. :(
Just do what you gotta do. I know you can't do online, and might never will, so don't do it, ever. It might not be a good thing for others, but it is to you.

i think you missed the point, i have never told you to play online, and its perfectly alright not to
what i was saying is that you wont have to play it online, if they do add any connectivity to pocket camp it will be minor and wont be game changing nor will you ever have to do it to enjoy the game
im sure the game will be extremely fun without online and shouldnt be discredited for something as minor as there being a possible connection to pocket camp for the people who play that

God I only come here once every 5 years.
ACS needs more multiplayer, New Leaf had amazing multiplayer with the island and I met so many people from all around the world thanks to that.
More items, and more public works projects.
Don't make the map too big, but make it bigger.
More shops.
And the since the switch is region-free, no DLC can be locked to a certain country. No more 7-11 sets for 50millions bells.

Back