• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Animal Crossing for the Nintendo Switch?

DY14N

A Punchy Enthusiast
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7390-9442-1665
Lobo
What do you guys think? Now that Pokemon is officially moving to the Switch after Ultra Sun and Moon, which I have preordered, Animal Crossing is my only reason to still own my 3DS. I'm contemplating selling my 3DS for Switch games, but I'm wanting to know; do you guys think there'll be a core Animal Crossing Game? One like City Folk or New Leaf, not one like Amiibo Festival and Happy Home Designer.

I've already milked New Leaf of all it's fun things to do MULTIPLE times, so the game is getting stale for me, so I doubt I'll have any regrets in the end if I DO sell my 3DS. But that doesn't mean I wont jump right onto the hype train when an Animal Crossing Switch game gets announced!

If you look and check the option to customize your icon on the Switch, there are some Animal Crossing characters like K.K. and Isabelle (X-Files theme)

I totally think they will move Animal Crossing to the Switch, it's all just waiting at this point. Every Nintendo direct (especially when the spring season starts) I will always eagerly await them to give any news about Animal Crossing. I guess making a brand new game to the Switch supposedly from the ground up takes a while. Just have some patience.

To be honest, it would be just silly if they wouldn't make a main Animal Crossing game for the Switch.
I was really disappointed that they didn't made a main AC game for the Wii U back then, amiibo Festival
was just the worst thing ever. More and more people just waiting for an announcement and the Switch
is also perfect for a main AC game in my opinion. Maybe we have luck and Nintendo will say something
about it in 2018, not sure if we could get some news this year, as Pocket Camp is out (or will be out
official soon) and they will probably focus more on this right now... It's just a question of time.

If you look and check the option to customize your icon on the Switch, there are some Animal Crossing characters like K.K. and Isabelle (X-Files theme)

I totally think they will move Animal Crossing to the Switch, it's all just waiting at this point. Every Nintendo direct (especially when the spring season starts) I will always eagerly await them to give any news about Animal Crossing. I guess making a brand new game to the Switch supposedly from the ground up takes a while. Just have some patience.

Yeah, I saw a video pointing that out. If they just announced they would make an Animal Crossing for the Switch, I could rest easy knowing it's coming... Even if it does take a year or two.

- - - Post Merge - - -

To be honest, it would be just silly if they wouldn't make a main Animal Crossing game for the Switch.
I was really disappointed that they didn't made a main AC game for the Wii U back then, amiibo Festival
was just the worst thing ever. More and more people just waiting for an announcement and the Switch
is also perfect for a main AC game in my opinion. Maybe we have luck and Nintendo will say something
about it in 2018, not sure if we could get some news this year, as Pocket Camp is out (or will be out
official soon) and they will probably focus more on this right now... It's just a question of time.

That's basically what I've been saying. Although I just thought about something... Does this mean we'll have to pay for online just to visit someone elses' village? Will Dream Suite be the only FREE alternitave to going to a friends' village? :(

That's basically what I've been saying. Although I just thought about something...
Does this mean we'll have to pay for online just to visit someone elses' village?
Will Dream Suite be the only FREE alternitave to going to a friends' village? :(
Well, that's a good question. I guess we have to wait and see what Nintendo's plan for this
is. Right now it's hard to say how they will solve this or what they will do. :/

At this point, you'd be hard-pressed to not expect another mainline Animal Crossing installment on the popular Nintendo Switch within a few years from now. For starter, the hardware itself sold well over 7 millions units during its first 7 months, a fact that shouldn't be taken lightly especially when you've got a million-selling franchise.

To further cement my certitude, Nintendo at one point stated that Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp will be linked with the mainline Animal Crossing titles, implying that there is one in development on Nintendo Switch. Although the same company recently refused to confirm if that's still the case, my argument still stands.

By the way, if you've grown tired of Animal Crossing: New Leaf, I guess it's a good time to stop playing it and wait for that Switch game to come. That way, you'll be way more eager to play the next installment for a longer while.

i have hope for a switch game. i hope it comes within the next year or two! just today i got the urge to start a new town and i think it'd be amazing to do it on the switch :D

Even though I would buy it regardless I think if there was AC for the Switch it would have to be something pretty fantastic. I remember when the trailer for New Leaf came out and I was so excited because the graphics were so amazing and the things you could do were way more exciting than what I could currently do in WW. But currently what can they do for the Switch? (I'm actually asking for opinions here. I really have no idea!) If somewhere down the track they make AC into VR then I'll be as excited as I was for New Leaf

[...]But currently what can they do for the Switch? (I'm actually asking for opinions here. I really have no idea!) If somewhere down the track they make AC into VR then I'll be as excited as I was for New Leaf
Well, Mario Kart?s AC track looks AMAZING - I still hope they use the same graphics/style for AC Switch, although it sadly seems unlikely. Another thing they could add is outdoor furniture like in HHD (instead of (or additionally to) those clunky public works projects) that you can place and pick up however and whenever you please. Something else I?ve personally always wanted since the Gamecube version is transparent patterns, so you can make designs that aren?t squares. Designating spaces where villagers are allowed to build their houses (e.g. by setting down signs similar to those in WW) would be terrific, too^^ There is so much cool stuff they could add to the Switch version :)

Last edited:
I'm sure they'll release an AC on the Switch eventually. I think PC is a setup for the next game, just like Fire Emblem Heroes was a setup for Shadows of Valentina and Fire Emblem Warriors.

It's just a matter of when. Personally I think they might announce it at E3 next year. I think the game will have to be like CF, WW, or NL. It's what the people want! NL was still their best selling AC game on the 3DS. We'll just have to be patient.

It would be silly for them to not make a game for Switch. The system is "portable," and we know that Animal Crossing works best as a portable game. We're just playing the waiting game right now... Hopefully they announce something soon, or maybe at the next E3 (which is waaay too far away).

I'm sure they'll release an AC on the Switch eventually. I think PC is a setup for the next game, just like Fire Emblem Heroes was a setup for Shadows of Valentina and Fire Emblem Warriors.

It's just a matter of when. Personally I think they might announce it at E3 next year. I think the game will have to be like CF, WW, or NL. It's what the people want! NL was still their best selling AC game on the 3DS. We'll just have to be patient.

Isn't New Lead their best selling AC game, period? Like, out of all the games, not just the 3DS games?

As others are saying, it truly is just a matter of time until Nintendo announces a main Animal Crossing game for Nintendo Switch. The odds it doesn?t happen seem very small now that 1) Nintendo Switch is popular; 2) other traditionally handheld games (like Pok?mon, Ace Attorney, and Fire Emblem) are announcing new mainline titles for Switch; and 3) mainline Animal Crossing games skipped a Wii U release. Also, given how long it?s been since Animal Crossing: New Leaf and how little Nintendo has announced for next year, there is reason to suspect a Switch Animal Crossing game could be on the sooner side of things.

Even though I would buy it regardless I think if there was AC for the Switch it would have to be something pretty fantastic. I remember when the trailer for New Leaf came out and I was so excited because the graphics were so amazing and the things you could do were way more exciting than what I could currently do in WW. But currently what can they do for the Switch? (I'm actually asking for opinions here. I really have no idea!) If somewhere down the track they make AC into VR then I'll be as excited as I was for New Leaf

The Switch hardware is significantly more powerful than the 3DS both in terms of graphics and systems potential. If they leverage the hardware, they could implement lighting and level of detail that have simply been impossible up to now. And with more processing to work with, they can choose to expand current functions (bigger town, more complex environments, more villagers in one area) or add totally new functions (more AI, more complex interactions, more direct or detailed world manipulations, or something less predictable).

Of course, they could just as easily take a safe and easy route and basically make a slightly improved Animal Crossing in HD (honestly, Pok?mon is more likely to take the safe route). It?s hard to say for sure, but I think it?s safe to assume Nintendo will do something to make the upgrade worthwhile. Nintendo has a pretty good track record of doing good things with their newest tentpole releases like Animal Crossing. They?ve done well updating each Animal Crossing entry up to now, an thats with nothing close to the hardware jump like from 3DS to Switch.

Isn't New Lead their best selling AC game, period? Like, out of all the games, not just the 3DS games?

It?s close, but not quite. Animal Crossing: New Leaf is second, a few hundred-thousand behind Animal Crossing: Wild World (DS) which sold 11.75 million units. However, Animal Crossing: New Leaf does have the highest attach rate with its respective system (3DS).

I thought of somethings! What if you are still able to costomize your character with the menu BUT there are deluxe haircuts that to still have to go to Harriet for. For example a two tone color, hair extensions, etc. (I don't want Harriet replaced by a something like a menu)

One downside: switch has no camera, no camera=no qr code reader no qr code reader= bad pattern makers are out of luck
(Although they could make another thing like that hhn for patterns)

I think paths should be like a pwp and you can have Isabelle have a drag n' drop where you place all the patterns in and they are automatically placed down. Also shouldn't be able kick them away. That way when a villager moves in on top it is automatically fixed no problem.

Different sections of town (kind of like Pocket Camp) one where the villagers live in, a beach, a city, the new area (new place introduced orchard maybe?), the campground, river area, quarry, island

Villager hotel
Where you get to decorate each room acording to your preferance. Other mayor's can come and stay for a few days and hang out. Acasionally villagers will come here then you can ask them to move in

More shops or more inventory in shops
Ideas
Nook's homes is now a furniture store has 3 floors first and second are filled with 1 complete set of furniture (you must buy full set)
Third floor is where offices are and hha desk (basically new leaf nook's homes)

Timmy and Tommy own the new and improved Nookling Emporium they will continue to add more floors to the department store ending with a mall. Timmy and Tommy will both close their floor once a week to go and work at another shop to learn tricks of the trade

Club lol -> Shrunk funk theater
After you have collected enough records from K.K. Club lol will upgrade to Shrunk funk theater with a gift shop selling exclusive K.K. songs and items also the brand new K.K. series of furniture.

Ok motors: pocket camp ok motors

Last edited:
I thought of somethings! What if you are still able to costomize your character with the menu BUT there are deluxe haircuts that to still have to go to Harriet for. For example a two tone color, hair extensions, etc. (I don't want Harriet replaced by a something like a menu)

One downside: switch has no camera, no camera=no qr code reader no qr code reader= bad pattern makers are out of luck

I think paths should be like a pwp and you can have Isabelle have a drag n' drop where you place all the patterns in and they are automatically placed down. Also shouldn't be able kick them away. That way when a villager moves in on top it is automatically fixed no problem.

Different sections of town (kind of like Pocket Camp) one where the villagers live in, a beach, a city, the new area (new place introduced orchard maybe?), the campground, river area, quarry, island

Villager hotel
Where you get to decorate each room acording to your preferance. Other mayor's can come and stay for a few days and hang out. Acasionally villagers will come here then you can ask them to move in

Ideas
Nook's homes is now a furniture store has 3 floors first and second are filled with 1 complete set of furniture (you must buy full set)

Timmy and Tommy own the new and improved Nookling Emporium they will continue to add more floors to the department store ending with a mall. Timmy and Tommy will both close their floor once a week to go and work at another shop to learn tricks of the trade

After you have collected enough records from K.K. Club lol will upgrade to Shrunk funk theater with a gift shop selling exclusive K.K. songs and items also the brand new K.K. series of furniture.

The switch HAS NO CAMERA??

- - - Post Merge - - -

Villager hotel

Ideas

The switch HAS NO CAMERA??

Jumping the gun.
I doubt they'll make an AC for a couple of years.

Oh I hope they make one because then i would have more of a reason to buy the switch

If it isn't announced at e3 or earlier then I am done with Nintendo and their cheap laziness. Cut the amiibo too. That ruins the game.

they'd be crazy not to imo, with the graphics quality on the handheld screen and the ability to connect to your tv? that would get people who've somehow put it down since the gamecube version back for sure. And multiple controllers within one system? could add multiplayer modes within the game kind of like amiibo festival maybe, which wouldn't be as meh if it came alongside a larger game, and would let you play with friends who don't have their own ac game (so get them hooked and they'll buy their own and then you got a new person to connect with hehe)

Back