• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Help Me Pick A Town Name

Help Me Pick A Town Name

• Yomoro

Votes: 37 45.1%
  • Home

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • Happii

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • Naxela

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • Secure

Votes: 5 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Make sure the town name has a reason/meaning other than "it sounds nice". You might build on a theme later then find the name doesn't match/mean anything and end up not liking it.
Personally I like Secure, mainly because it can go really with any theme you'd like since it's so vague. But it also sounds much more unique and somewhat ominous.

I like Yomoro, Happii sounds a bit less like a place and more like a name? Maybe because of happy being an emotion, I'm not really sure. Either that or Home, I can imagine it being a really soft sweet town with loads of light colours and flowers and a really warm feel to it<3

i think i like home the best! almost as if no matter who visits or lives in the town, its 'home'. it gives it a warm feeling

yomoro - 9/10. really like this one
home - 6.5/10. it's sweet though
happii - 2/10. definitely not a fan, i don't like how it sounds on the tongue
naxela - 7/10
secure - 5/10

Last edited:
I chose Happii because it made me smile the second I read it. Good luck with your new town!

I like Yomoro and Naxela. Yomoro sounds cozier, maybe a little bit more rustic. Naxela sounds more exotic to me, kind of spaceship-vibey.

Bump.
New update: I plan to have 4 characters. Will edit to explain further.

My New Leaf town's name is also Home ;) I like Yomoro though, it has a nice ring to it! That and it has ties to your original Wild World town, I'd pick it for nostalgia's sake :blush:

I doubt any of the other names are going to be able to overtake Yomoro as the frontrunner, but I personally prefer Naxela for a couple reasons. While you have attachment to Yomoro for nostalgic purposes, that is its own town and served its own purpose so at least for me it seems unnecessary to use the name again. It might bring back good memories and feelings but at the end of the day it wouldn't be the same town. Naxela, meanwhile, is a very unique name that stands out. Aside from sounding unique, since it's not tied to nostalgia like Home or Yomoro, it seems more like a whole new experience.

Back