• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favorite candy cane flavor?

Favorite Candy Cane Flavors

• Total voters
I guess I'm a purist. I stick with the traditional red and white candy canes, both for decorating and (rarely) eating. I'm not a huge candy person, so I don't really eat them anymore.

There are no candy canes where I live, but the ones I got abroad where mint-flavoured and delicious! :) I didn’t even know there are different flavours of candy canes until I found this thread (and now I want to try them all)^^

Last edited:
I love the look of candy canes, but I'd never eat one by choice.

I rarely eat candy (especially candy canes) ever if at all, so it is really hard to say. As bland as they are, I guess I like the regular minty ones the best though? The fruit ones aren't that bad either tbh.

I hate mint, so I like cherry candy cane. And I have tasted mint once, and it was the worst thing I had in my mouth.

I prefer peppermint, but cinnamon or spearmint are good, too. I like wintergreen, too, but you don't usually see it as a candycane.

I'm pretty meh about candy canes, but Jolly Rancher Candy Canes are amazing! Yum!

I've only tried a few flavours, and there was one that I don't know the name of the flavour (the colour scheme was yellow and brown though?) that I really liked. But I only tried it once, so I'm still just gonna go with classic mint.

Traditional peppermint candy canes are hands down the best candy cane flavor, and you can fight me.

I do however enjoy the fruity flavored candy canes as well, saw some dum-dum flavored ones I will probably try this year. It's really foul that they make things like bacon candy canes, or ghost chili candy canes THAT LOOK JUST LIKE NORMAL ONES... it makes me distrust candy canes and I have to smell every one before I put it in my mouth....

The normal candy canes are just nostalgic to me, we used to go every year to the same Christmas tree farm and they'd give kids free candy canes, the bigger ones that lasted longer, and I remember sucking on them while picking a tree, driving it home, and then using it to stir some hot cocoa once we got home and drinking the minty hot cocoa while decorating our tree. <3 It's just happy memories tied to their flavor so that's why I enjoy them more. =D Plus peppermint is just so good, it's the only acceptable mint flavor. I love peppermint bark too omg.

I personally don't like them, however I've never seen or tasted any other than the original peppermint ones. I didn't know there were other flavours that existed so maybe I would like them if I ever tried them :)

Back