• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you play a musical instrument?

TykiButterfree

Such a tease!
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Fossil Easter Egg
Friday the 13th Candy
Spirit Candy: Pierrot
Spirit Candy: Wix
Christmas Candy
Orange Candy
Purple Candy
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
I was just wondering how many people here like to play a musical instrument? I take lessons for violin, but I have tried several other random instruments before I found one I liked. I remember trying saxophone in 5th grade and quitting because it was too heavy bringing it to school and back. lol I also want to learn to play guitar, but I find it harder than violin because there are more strings and there are a bunch of chords to learn.

i used to play clarinet :/ in middle school
i don't play anymore and it's kind of saddening because i kind of wish i did but also i know i couldn't keep the motivation for lessons. every year i've had people try to convince me to join band (because a lot of my friends are in it and i was first chair in middle school) but i've declined. i just dont have the energy lmao. especially with the marching part, no thanks.
though i did recently start taking pictures for the band, and it's been fun. i don't regret my decision to not join band again but i miss it.

nope
i played piano for like four years when i was eight to twelve or something. i only played because my dad forced me to, i wasnt interested, i didnt have enough energy or motivation to practice, my teacher was scary and playing piano just stressed me out and started fights because i didnt want to do it but my parents would force me to.

i never learnt how to read notes properly (i can understand it if i count lines and stuff but i can't read it) so i always memorized the songs i played. i still know how to play parts of some pirates of the caribbean theme lol

Oh cool, I used to be in marching band, but it was for color guard and not an instrument. I play violin more for fun and I have never played with a group of people. It does look fun though.

I used to play the piano in grade school and performed in many recitals. In middle school I played the clarinet as part of our music class which I enjoyed (as well as the ukulele at times). It was so stressful trying to keep the instrument from squeaking during performances lol - still fun.
Unfortunately I don't know how to play any now. I think the saxophone would be neat to take up in the future.

I used to try and play guitar at a after school club at my secondary school ages ago, though I'd love to pick it back up again. (really struggled on most chords though)

I know how to play the violin and the piano. I play the violin every day at school since I'm in Orchestra, but I haven't played on my piano in quite a long time.

I kind of want to learn how to play the guitar. It'd be cool to play some rock songs on it.

I played viola for 4 years, and drums for one. After I went to secondary school, I gave up, though

I played Clarinet/Bass Clarinet as my main instruments in high school and Tenor/Bari Sax for Jazz Band.

I'm saving up for an Oboe right now (or Flute, it depends).

I played the bass clarinet in high school for concert band, the clarinet in middle school, the marimba and vibraphone in marching band {I was the captain of this section my senior year}, I took some piano lessons, the trumpet was for two months in high school to help my cousin's confidence, and I made one note on my friend's flute in middle school on the first day.

After I graduated I stopped playing.

I used to play the keyboard and french horn in elementary school, but I haven't touched either of them a single time since.

I used to play the recorder back in grade 4 i think. I knew O Canada, Mary Had A Little Lamb and some other third thing.It's been a long time since i've played it. I still know Mary Had A little Lamb though

I play piano, and for my program at school I have learned clarinet, trumpet, violin and oboe (well oboe is in progress)

I don't, but I really want to. I'd love to learn bass guitar or piano.

Lots of clarinetists in this thread! :O I also played clarinet when I was younger. It was nice.

Back