✦ Critiquing Dream Towns ✦

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tommy P ✦ St. Tom ✦ 4B00-0022-3409

✦✦✦​

First off, the rock patterns around your town tree look so authentic! They almost look like the real pavement. And don't worry about you covering your whole entire town with leaf patterns. They look really nice! I actually really liked the area around Ganon's house. The place where the train station and the wisteria trellis are, looks really good. In Tommy P's house, I liked the chess room and the bathroom. I'm usually not a fan of chess but it looks really well done! In Azzure's house, I especially liked her back room. It was cool to see people mix furniture up rather than just use the Kiki & Lala set.

A negative...

Some of the flower arrangements look off against the orange landscape.

✦✦✦​

Thanks for letting me visit, notorioustommyp! It was really fun to stroll around your town.

SEM ✦ Charmelo ✦ 4D00-0010-9D7B

✦✦✦​

First off, the patterns in your town looks really cool! I like how you decorated the cube structure, it looks really nice. The campsite area in the top left is very cozy and I like it. I love the area around SEM's house, it's very nice and symmetrical. The interior looks fantastic as well, especially the cabana bathroom and the second floor bedroom. The coffin area in Serenity's house is so creative! The gyroids making the crying noises, the music, everything. I'm not usually a fan of futuristic furniture but I can see a lot of work was put in all of RecZone's rooms, which I gotta give kudos for that. I really like the bathrooms in PortMelo's house, as well as his cruise ship room and aquatic club in the basement.

Just one negative...

Not sure if this was intentional but just a little north of the plaza, there is a perfect pear tree in the middle of the stepping stone road.

✦✦✦​

I really enjoyed walking through your town, and thanks for having me over to visit it!

Last edited:
Thanks for the positive feedback, glad you enjoyed your visit!
And yeah, decided to leave that perfect pear tree there, looked kind of bare without it.

Radagast ✦ Old Leaf ✦ 4C00-0010-90D8

✦✦✦​

There aren't a lot of paths, which I find pretty intriguing. Are you perhaps hybrid farming? From the looks of it, it seems like you are. I do like the area around Radagast's house (that's a lot of golden roses) and his interior is very cool.
The campsite area looks very nice as well.

✦✦✦​

Your town looks like it's in the hoarding stage, by which I mean you still need to gather all the items and supplies before landscaping it. If that is actually the case, then I wish you good luck on your endeavors! Sorry if this review is kinda short but I didn't want to review a town that has yet to be developed, only to give it a lot of negatives. I'm not Ego from Ratatouille, okay? :p

(Tessie) ✦ (Mariposa) ✦ (4B00-002F-E8F8)

Lay it on me, be harsh! I need some motivation to start fixing up my town already lol

(Matthew) (Hoenn) (6B00-000F-52DA)
Please give me constructive advice on how to improve my town, but it is definitely WIP.

✦✦✦​

There aren't a lot of paths, which I find pretty intriguing. Are you perhaps hybrid farming? From the looks of it, it seems like you are. I do like the area around Radagast's house (that's a lot of golden roses) and his interior is very cool.
The campsite area looks very nice as well.

✦✦✦​

Your town looks like it's in the hoarding stage, by which I mean you still need to gather all the items and supplies before landscaping it. If that is actually the case, then I wish you good luck on your endeavors! Sorry if this review is kinda short but I didn't want to review a town that has yet to be developed, only to give it a lot of negatives. I'm not Ego from Ratatouille, okay? :p

Thanks for checking out my town and giving feedback. Glad you like parts of it :D But I'm not sure what you mean by "hoarding stage". I consider my town fully developed, and it's landscaped as much as I want it to be, so I'd like to know more about why you don't think it is fully developed. If you have a lot of negative things to say, don't hold back! I can take criticism.

I am just personally not a fan of paths, and I like the natural look with flowers scattered around. I'm trying to create the best path-free town I possibly can. The only hybrids I'm currently trying to breed are purple pansies, since I have all of the other ones. I don't know who Ego from Ratatouille is but thanks again for looking at my town ��

Thanks for checking out my town and giving feedback. Glad you like parts of it :D But I'm not sure what you mean by "hoarding stage". I consider my town fully developed, and it's landscaped as much as I want it to be, so I'd like to know more about why you don't think it is fully developed. If you have a lot of negative things to say, don't hold back! I can take criticism.

I am just personally not a fan of paths, and I like the natural look with flowers scattered around. I'm trying to create the best path-free town I possibly can. The only hybrids I'm currently trying to breed are purple pansies, since I have all of the other ones. I don't know who Ego from Ratatouille is but thanks again for looking at my town ��

I can understand you don't like paths, which is not in any way bad, but you also lack the organized (or purposely not organized, depending if you have a forest town) trees, flower arrangements, and there a very sparse amount of PWPs. Hence why I didn't think it was very developed, seeing as I've visited a lot of dream towns that are packed full from the things I've said above so it was much different than what I usually see. As for my hybreeding note, the way you placed some of your flowers (the red roses are the biggest culprit) is statistically the best way to get any hybrids, which is why I asked about that. Does this clear it up a bit?

I can understand you don't like paths, which is not in any way bad, but you also lack the organized (or purposely not organized, depending if you have a forest town) trees, flower arrangements, and there a very sparse amount of PWPs. Hence why I didn't think it was very developed, seeing as I've visited a lot of dream towns that are packed full from the things I've said above so it was much different than what I usually see. As for my hybreeding note, the way you placed some of your flowers (the red roses are the biggest culprit) is statistically the best way to get any hybrids, which is why I asked about that. Does this clear it up a bit?

Yes thank you. It's true that my town seems a lot different than the usual stuff in dream towns (i.e. tree-lined paths, massive flower fields etc.) but believe it or not I'm actually at the limit for PWPs. I would add more if I could, but I have the maximum amount in my town. Maybe they seem sparse because most of them are spaced apart. I did that because I wanted to put them in places that I don't want animals building their houses.

But now that you mention it, that's not really necessary anymore since I have all the villagers I want. So maybe I should undertake a large-scale organization project? Maybe some orchards would be nice...as for the flowers, I guess I think of them like little hybrid factories even though I don't really need any more.

Anyway, your input has been helpful to me and I'll try to think of more ways to organize my town. That could be fun! Thanks again for the review.

Yes thank you. It's true that my town seems a lot different than the usual stuff in dream towns (i.e. tree-lined paths, massive flower fields etc.) but believe it or not I'm actually at the limit for PWPs. I would add more if I could, but I have the maximum amount in my town. Maybe they seem sparse because most of them are spaced apart. I did that because I wanted to put them in places that I don't want animals building their houses.

But now that you mention it, that's not really necessary anymore since I have all the villagers I want. So maybe I should undertake a large-scale organization project? Maybe some orchards would be nice...as for the flowers, I guess I think of them like little hybrid factories even though I don't really need any more.

Anyway, your input has been helpful to me and I'll try to think of more ways to organize my town. That could be fun! Thanks again for the review.

Your welcome! :blush:

Tessie ✦ Mariposa ✦ 4B00-002F-E8F8

✦✦✦​

The paths are beautiful! I really liked how you lined them with bushes and trees. The area around the cafe looks really good as well (pink, purple, and white, who knew?). The exterior of Tessie's house looks really good in terms of choice of PWPs and the customizations, and her center room is pretty.

A negative...

A lot of your town comprises of just scattered or patches of random flowers.

✦✦✦​

I know you said you wanted just straight, constructive criticism, but the only problem you have is the flower bomb you have in your town. There is a lot of promise in the layout you chose and all you have to do is to gather all your creative ideas together and dump them all in your game. Why don't you try visiting some dream addresses yourself? I find them the perfect way to get inspiration.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Matthew ✦ Hoenn ✦ 6B00-000F-52DA

✦✦✦​

The paths look very well done! Matthew's house looks fantastic, especially the center room and basement.

However...

The placement of your PWPs are a bit random, in my opinion. There are bunches of random flowers scattered everywhere. The parts where there isn't any greenery, are very barren and empty.

✦✦✦​

Sorry if this review was a little short. I think it is as straightforward as it can be, and I don't think I need to add more details, unless you want me to elaborate on a specific part. Feel free to ask if you have any questions!

Last edited:
Thanks for the help, I am still building so I will have more PWPs, also I haven't started laying out flowers in any patterns, mostly because I like the randomness, but I will line the paths with flowers later.

✦✦✦​

The paths are beautiful! I really liked how you lined them with bushes and trees. The area around the cafe looks really good as well (pink, purple, and white, who knew?). The exterior of Tessie's house looks really good in terms of choice of PWPs and the customizations, and her center room is pretty.

A negative...

A lot of your town comprises of just scattered or patches of random flowers.

✦✦✦​

I know you said you wanted just straight, constructive criticism, but the only problem you have is the flower bomb you have in your town. There is a lot of promise in the layout you chose and all you have to do is to gather all your creative ideas together and dump them all in your game. Why don't you try visiting some dream addresses yourself? I find them the perfect way to get inspiration.

Omg thank you! I really appreciate it! Yes...the flowers is something I knew I HAVE to address. I'll take your advice. Thanks a lot!! <3

J'enny ✦ Skyrim ✦ 5A00-00B3-FF55

✦✦✦​

Your town looks very organized! The decorative patterns on the beach look really cool. Hadvar's tent looks perfect for a traveler. J'enny's mansion looks really good as well. While Elisif's house is a bit empty imo, I loved her left kitchen room.

Negatives...

There are parts of town where it didn't seem quite developed enough. The areas above Maple's house and around the fence in the south are big ones. It doesn't seem like you've used the space in the character's homes for something creative since I often found just a bunch of space where a table could fill the spots.

✦✦✦​

Fern ✦ Asphodel ✦ 7E00-0011-4752

I still have heaps of work to do, and you'll see the ground filled with patterns because i want to plot reset my final villager into a specific spot :) Other than that, I would love to hear what you think of what I have done so far, along with some recommendations!

Hello there! It's still a work in progress, but I'd be happy to get a critique of how Tomoeda is doing so far :)

Fern ✦ Asphodel ✦ 7E00-0011-4752

I still have heaps of work to do, and you'll see the ground filled with patterns because i want to plot reset my final villager into a specific spot :) Other than that, I would love to hear what you think of what I have done so far, along with some recommendations!

wow, I haven't seen this thread in a long time...

also I can try to critique your dream towns this weekend!

Hi ^-^ I think it's wonderful that your doing this! Heres me DA: 4A00 0078 172C :3

A bit of info about my town...

Before it's even asked, this town is 100% legitimate! Yes, all those flowers... well, months of flower watering. The sign by the cafe was a gift from a friend at Old Leaf, my flag is custom from NeonXVandall (an inactive member of this forum from over a year ago), Fox's house has 4 rooms from dream worlds that I used as a base (no room is a direct copy in my town) these rooms are Main room, left room, upstairs, and the right room. In Renards house the left room and back room were also dream world originals (that I added a personal touch to :3). In Sionnachs house the upstairs is from the dream world (though I changed the furniture a bit).
Kitsunes house is 100% original and based off my old home :3
The path is from a dream town that no longer exist :c And the villager houses were placed before the WA update, some of the villagers literally took days to plot reset :p The beach has 1 of every handheld item (or at least 1 color of the items such as pinwheels and balloons)
There are also clothing sets on the beaches :)

Well, I hope you enjoy the town if you visit it :3 Any critique is appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back