• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

✦ Critiquing Dream Towns ✦

Status
Not open for further replies.
bunny, rose, samantha, and camomile ✦ tiger ✦ 4C00-0021-CA47

✦✦✦​

Your paths are so pretty! They look really good. You have a very nice selection of villagers. I also really love bunny's second floor, and your town tune.

Downsides...

There are too many random flower patches in your town. It makes it really messy-looking. Some of the PWPs make no sense in terms of your town's theme (unless it's themeless). There are a lot of barren spots in your own where the flowers haven't outgrown those specific places. Rose's house is pretty empty. I see you just recently expanded Samantha's house and the furniture is stuck in the middle of the room. Camomile's house looks pretty good so far but there isn't any cool wallpaper or flooring to match the aesthetic.

✦✦✦​

Do you time travel? I definitely have and this looks like a time travel town. Also, I'm not so sure if this town has a theme, since the clues were pretty confusing. Are you perhaps doing a themeless town?

- - - Post Merge - - -

At first, I thought you may have, but I don't see your review in my thread anywhere.

oh well. I'll do it sometime later.

✦✦✦​

Your paths are so pretty! They look really good. You have a very nice selection of villagers. I also really love bunny's second floor, and your town tune.

Downsides...

There are too many random flower patches in your town. It makes it really messy-looking. Some of the PWPs make no sense in terms of your town's theme (unless it's themeless). There are a lot of barren spots in your own where the flowers haven't outgrown those specific places. Rose's house is pretty empty. I see you just recently expanded Samantha's house and the furniture is stuck in the middle of the room. Camomile's house looks pretty good so far but there isn't any cool wallpaper or flooring to match the aesthetic.

✦✦✦​

Do you time travel? I definitely have and this looks like a time travel town. Also, I'm not so sure if this town has a theme, since the clues were pretty confusing. Are you perhaps doing a themeless town?

yea pretty much themeless\

gave up on tiger cuz im resetting soon

Lanstar ✦ Bluedale ✦ 4B00-0051-BEE1

If this was the wrong town, sorry. This town seems vastly different than the Halloween-ized town I went to before.

✦✦✦​

Your paths are so pretty! They definitely correspond with the lax, and nature-like town feeling. The flower arrangements in your town look very cool as well (I really like the purple and white pansy combination). Irisa's house has a very nice regal and woodsy theme going on. Lanstar's house is very blue, which is my favorite color. I especially liked her right room and basement.

Negatives...

The area south of Lanstar isn't exactly bad, but something is about is bothering me about it. Also, some of the floral arrangements don't blend into each other very well.

Recommendations...

Could you fill the aformentioned spot with flowers? Maybe it's the emptiness about it that's throwing me off. Also for the floral transitioning, try checker patterning the flowers like blue and orange, and throw in a purple to balance the flower ratio out.

✦✦✦​

Last edited:
Flora ✦ Azalia ✦ 4E00-00AF-4D8C

✦✦✦​

I love the water paths! I see them a lot and people have used them extremely well. I always appreciate it when little gifts are set out for your dream visitors. Also I think you're the first person to actually fully decorate your beach. The little water pump area is super cute. The chair sculpture is very well placed. I can see you've planned out your town very well! In terms of interior designing, I really like Lisanna's convenience store room, bank room, Mira's tropical island room, cafe room, Flora's ice princess room, and bath basement.

Negatives...

I found that many of the human resident homes' have too much leftover space. Are you still trying to get all of the items to decorate their rooms with?

✦✦✦​

Angie ✦ Honeyway ✦ 6F00-00A7-02F9

Mine is still a work in progress but I'd love your opinion.

Tessa ✦ Tarte ✦ 4C00-00A8-1BE9

Layla ✦ Clock ✦ 6D00-0013-FF46

Sorry for the late reply

✦✦✦​

I always love dream visitor presents. Also the orange sunset looks beautiful! Your town flag and tune look and sound very pretty. Layla's house is very nice as well.

Some downsides...

There are random flowers and trees everywhere.

✦✦✦​

Is this a themeless town? From my speculations, it looks like you've time traveled in it as well.

Hi! My old town of Moaki has been reset, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!

Marnie, Moaki, 7F00-003C-369F

4B00-0022-3409 is my dream address. I'd love feedback and positive/constructive criticism. I change my main floor (mayor's house) and grass patterns to match the current season. Right now my town is set in an autumn sunset, I think it looks nice and I saved it just yesterday so my town's dream is current. A couple of quick notes before visiting, the pattern that covers the entire town is for the look of artificial grass, I know the edges look a little off but I just suspend my disbelief, I don't like the look of bare spots on the real grass. the designs around the zelda character's houses are to match that certain character. Thanks for your time! :)

p.s. ganon's house is in the top left corner of town, the design around his house is set to look a tad spooky in order to match his character, but its not too hardcore. if you want just avoid that section. the rest of the town isn't spooky at all

Last edited:
Angie ✦ Honeyway ✦ 6F00-00A7-02F9

✦✦✦​

Your paths are very pink and pretty! But what I most liked about your paths was that you changed them to more nature-like in the west part of town. I really liked the area around the police station, because of that. The beaches were also decorated! I don't usually see decorated beaches and they look nice. South of town, just southeast from the lake, I loved that area the most in your town. Angie's house is pretty simple, but it's a nice change of pace from the super filled/super creative rooms I've gone to in the dream towns from the Official Dream Address Thread.

There were some downsides...

Some parts of Honeyway are just a bit barren, especially just right of Angie's house and that big strip of land in the middle.

✦✦✦​

Overall, I really liked your town! There are some parts of your town where some more landscaping is needed, but I like the way it's heading.

You can check mine out. I might update it later today. Don't remember what changes I made since the last update.

SEM✦ Charmelo ✦ 4D00-0010-9D7B

Sorry for the late reply

✦✦✦​

I always love dream visitor presents. Also the orange sunset looks beautiful! Your town flag and tune look and sound very pretty. Layla's house is very nice as well.

Some downsides...

There are random flowers and trees everywhere.

✦✦✦​

Is this a themeless town? From my speculations, it looks like you've time traveled in it as well.

Yeah, I haven't given my town a theme since I've seen nearly all of them covered before. Thanks for the critique!
I've actually never time travelled though, what brought you to that deduction?

✦✦✦​

Your paths are very pink and pretty! But what I most liked about your paths was that you changed them to more nature-like in the west part of town. I really liked the area around the police station, because of that. The beaches were also decorated! I don't usually see decorated beaches and they look nice. South of town, just southeast from the lake, I loved that area the most in your town. Angie's house is pretty simple, but it's a nice change of pace from the super filled/super creative rooms I've gone to in the dream towns from the Official Dream Address Thread.

There were some downsides...

Some parts of Honeyway are just a bit barren, especially just right of Angie's house and that big strip of land in the middle.

✦✦✦​

Overall, I really liked your town! There are some parts of your town where some more landscaping is needed, but I like the way it's heading.

I didn't want to overwhelm my room with things I wasn't interested in. And I agree about the barren part, but I just started my town a little over a month ago and it's still a work in progress. :) Thank you for the critique!

Yeah, I haven't given my town a theme since I've seen nearly all of them covered before. Thanks for the critique!
I've actually never time travelled though, what brought you to that deduction?

Your welcome! Also, I have time traveled before in vast amounts so my town was covered in random flowers, cracks, and plot resetting patterns. Your town has that kind of same look so that's why I noted it.

I didn't want to overwhelm my room with things I wasn't interested in. And I agree about the barren part, but I just started my town a little over a month ago and it's still a work in progress. :) Thank you for the critique!

It looks pretty good so far! Impressive, actually, considering that you have worked on it for a month.

Tessa ✦ Tarte ✦ 4C00-00A8-1BE9

✦✦✦​

Very nice path choice! I really liked the northwest part of Tarte very much.

Negatives...

There are barren patches of land everywhere.

✦✦✦​

It looks like this town is in the stages of infancy but I like where it is headed.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Marnie ✦ Moaki ✦ 7F00-003C-369F

✦✦✦​

The wooden plank patterns look so good! I really liked the landscaping surrounding the paths as well. Your town has a very tropical theme which I don't see many towns using. I liked the area in front of Town Hall as well, it's very nice and symmetrical.

There are downsides...

Lola's house is pretty sparse. There are a lot of decaying bamboo shoots in your town which imo makes your town look messy.

✦✦✦​

It's really too bad you reset your town, but I hope you enjoyed reading this review.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back