December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Blue Star Fragment
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Summer Shell
Blue Hybrid Rose
Love Ball
Blue Candy
Blue Hybrid Pansy
As most of us know, AC seems to be fairly hostile to closing our games without saving - to a point of creating a harsh-preaching Mole character name Resetti, and his own Reset Surveillance center.

Now, just imagine if the next game created something called "realtime saving" - That is, after every single action you do in your town, the game immediately saves by itself without you waiting for it.

In this way, the series would no longer need to preach against resetting, and Resetti would happily be on vacation... Or just maintaining an imaginary machine that makes autosaving happen.

...Just a strange thought in my head.

Nooo I would dislike that, tbh. Imagine placing tiles down and having to wait every single time, or arranging flowers, etc?
Not to mention it would obliterate plot resetting.
And the fact that being able to randomly shut down has saved me many flowers I accidentally ruined by running over them.

Nooo I would dislike that, tbh. Imagine placing tiles down and having to wait every single time, or arranging flowers, etc?
And the fact that being able to randomly shut down has saved me many flowers I accidentally ruined by running over them.
I second this.

Also, its pretty simple for Resetti to not drop by your town. Don't build the reset center.

Yeah no, I don't think that's a good idea. For the minor inconvenience of having Resetti (that is, if you do keep him in your town), you have a lot of benefits. Besides, Resetti can be cheesed by selecting "I don't remember."

Mwaa ha ha... I'm not exactly for this idea either... Unless it if it was implemented with some forgivings added to it.

For instance, each save is so quick and painless, you wouldn't even notice any lag at all when putting down patterns. Plus, it would require letting control where villagers would move in, and that there would be no other crazy surprises like that each day you load the game up.

would not want. i quit without saving all the time to avoid all kinds of undesired results. especially when i've been trying to get a specific item from a villager or camper, or the times i was looking for a specific fossil appraisal result, or a specific item from Sahara, for starters...

i’ve never been a fan of auto saving so i’d hate this! plus, I use the reset feature way too often :p

you only get resetti once, the first time you quit without saving, I think unless you get the reset center he doesnt show up again.

I would not like this at all, for all the reasons people have mentioned.

I'm just loving the responses I'm hearing! :)

I mean, I expected nearly everyone here pointing out all the horrible things that could happen from this idea, or how valued resetting really has become for those who frequently do so. Yet I could see nearly all those issues fixed, or at least reimbursed somehow - and in in return, forcing the game into becoming even better than it once was.

For example, the trolling people could do to other towns when they visit. To prevent the trolls from winning in realtime saving, the game could end up restricting visitors from holding axes, shovels, etc., prevent their running from killing flowers and wearing grass, and making it impossible for them to pick up items - and instead enforcing a tradehouse to make trades simultaneous.

I don't get Sonny, I get Don, and I wish I could demolish the reset center.

I quit without saving if I've accidently taken out a bush or hybrid, or another legit reason. Shouldn't have to be punished for it.

For example, the trolling people could do to other towns when they visit. To prevent the trolls from winning in realtime saving, the game could end up restricting visitors from holding axes, shovels, etc., prevent their running from killing flowers and wearing grass, and making it impossible for them to pick up items - and instead enforcing a tradehouse to make trades simultaneous.

how to make town visits boring 101

also re: tradehouse, city folk already tried that idea (sort of)

it ****ing sucked

(re:tail improved it some, but even then it's only really useful for large-scale bell transactions)

Last edited:
Well, recent Nintendo games have autosaving, Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey etc. The mobile Pocket Camp game also autosaves.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if autosave is introduced in a Switch version. It's going in that direction.

To be honest I never had a problem with Resetti, and many times I saw him I somehow ended the game thinking I saved, so there was no problem. Though he was a problem in wild world, that was annoying.

I have no problem with Resetti, and I have to admit that I am sometimes happy with the possibility of ending the game without saving.

Noooo I would miss Resetti ;_; I like that mole a lot.

His dialogue cracks me up every time. In this game I love how he throws in grammar tips at the end of his spiel like "It ain't "bob wire". It's "barbed wire". It's got barbs. It ain't got bobs! NO BOBS!" or "People don't drink "expresso." It's "espresso." "Expresso" ain't even a thing! Don't ya forget it! That's my language tip of the day. Whaddya want? I'm a cultured mole."

Perfect. Don't give Nintendo ideas about real-time saving! :p

i feel like im the only person that LIKES resetti, lol! also that would completely eliminate resetting the game when you idk need that one last fossil to complete your museum or mess up your pwp placement... its really not that hard to hit save and continue once in a while and it makes the game less of a commitment which makes it less stressful!

Nah, sometimes i really need resetting. Resetti isn't that bad either, swooping by the reset center comes with interesting surprises!

It would probably be like most games with background saving where you just don't notice it. Think Minecraft on PC/mobile, just as a well-known example.

Back