An Always-Saving Animal Crossing

Does Resetti show up that much for people for him to be an annoyance? I would say to avoid building the reset center (I don't think it's aesthetically pleasing either lol). For me, I just kinda get annoyed at that extra bit of dialogue w Isabelle when you start up your town lol... But yeah, I hate auto saving in any game where you can manually save at any time. It's pointless. I can understand auto saving when the game doesn't give you a place to save though. Otherwise, I really like my resetting just in case I made a decision that I regret. :)

No, I would not want this. I reset for lots of random things like picking the wrong hair color at Shampoodle or having a villager change their mind about moving. Sometimes I reset just to see Resetti, though he was funnier in City Folk, so I don't do that as often in New Leaf.

Last edited:
I don't want this, unless we have a way to designate villager plots and a better PWP placement system (if PWPs are still a thing) in the next game. Resetting has saved me a lot of frustration with villagers plotting in bad spots, or PWPs not being where I thought they would be.

i love resetti. :(
i miss having him play a bigger role in towns honestly.
he was the enemy of my childhood and i love him.

No. I don't reset a lot and love Resetti.
Early on I was selling stuff and almost sold my golden watering can. Reese stopped me. I've read posts where players have sold their tools and than were able leave the game without saving to get them back. Auto save they would lose them.

I actually like this idea! AC is a life simulation, so adding that element of how you can't change decisions you've made would be really nice for the type of game it is!

Last edited:
I kind of think of the 'No Resetti' argument with real-time saving rather strange. By that logic, we should never have become the major in New Leaf: "We have have Tortimer for that role, so what's the point?"

And hey - Resetti could still play a role even when it is implemented, much like how Tortimer was given a different role when he retired. For instance, he could basically 'run' the new save system down in his underground area, and explain to you how it was designed to make you play without resetting: By making 'resetting' impossible in the first place! xD

Back