• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Does anybody else like Harvest moon, or Similar games?

I used to LOVE harvest moon DS back then.
Even though it was a boring process, I always found something to do on that game.

I never actually knew you could marry the witch back then LOLOLOL

Other than that, I wish I didn't lose it like a fool so I could still play it...

Yes, I played Harvest Moon on the GBC, PlayStation, GameCube and Gameboy Advance. These days I'm playing Story of Seasons 3DS.

Looking forward to a Story of Seasons for the Switch. ;)

Thanks, I'll have to look into them. Apparently there's a rune factory on PS3 called Rune factory: Oceans. But there seems to be conflicting opinions about that one :S

As much as I like harvest moon on game-boy, the later installments look terrible (Like how you can obtain zoo animals on a farm :S) . So that's why rune factory looks interesting. Is the combat any good in it?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I heard that Stardew Vally is really good. Would you recommend it. Or should I wait till the price drops on it?

My favorite Rune Factory is 4, there is so much to do in it. There are three story arcs, and the characters are so fleshed out. The only thing that I find is if you start with the newer ones is that it is harder to get into the older versions. All of the RF games are good except 2, and even with the Runey's system frontier is definitely my second favorite.

But yeah, I love Harvest Moon and Rune Factory, the first HM I ever played was A Wonderful Life. I think it would be great if they made another HM where your character and town ages like that again. But my favorite HM games are Animal Parade and Magical Melody, I always find myself going back to those two. I also look fondly on More/ Friends of Mineral Town where the game play is slow and the only thing to really work towards is getting married and upgrading your farm.

I don't really have firsthand experience with farming simulators like Harvest Moon. That said, I've seen people play Stardew Valley in the past and really enjoyed what I saw. I actually purchased it but can't currently play it until I purchase a better computer. My best friend really likes Harvest Moon, though, and has spoken highly of it, so I might have to try the series in the future as well.

I adore Harvest Moon, Rune Factory and Stardew Valley.

My first HM games was FoMT, but my favorite has to be Animal Parade because.. Well. It's the best game. Hands down. Anyone can fight me on this and I'll throw my fists into the air and prepare to brawl. i'm kind of kidding guys I'm currently playing Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns. Just bought the DLC and got married a few (real) days ago to Ford. ;v; Our child will be beautiful. Not a huge fan of the recent installments of the games still going by the title of Harvest Moon since the split, so I'm mostly on the Story of Seasons side of things.

Rune Factory has been a really fun series for me as well. I never got around to playing Tides of Destiny, though. Heard mixed reviews about it and I'm a little downcast that the girl counterpart gets so few romantic choices in comparison to the guy, should you choose to continue playing as her.

As for Stardew Valley, I ended up marrying Shane in a save and Emily in another. Both such cuties.

Last edited:
I tried a Harvest Moon spin-off on the PSP a fair while ago(can't remember the title), wasn't over keen on that. It was fun for a bit, but felt like I ran out of things to do fast, well, at least that there wasn't really much reward for the grind. I've tried a few other games in a similar vein, but my favourite of them has to be Stardew Valley. Stardew Valley seems to get the best balance between grind and fun in my opinion.

I never got into them, but then I got obsessed with Stardew Valley so I might want to get HM for my DS.

Harvest Moon is probably up there on my list of most hours played, next to AC and Mario Kart!

The first one I played was Island of Happiness and I would play it all day I loved it so much. Then I got A Tale of Two Towns which is okay but I prefer the graphics in IOH. And a couple of months ago I bought Skytree Village which is soooooo different to what I've played but I'm not a big fan of it honestly

I love it, I'm still playing Story of Seasons, and I hope I can buy Trio of Towns soon. I don't really like the new "Harvest Moon" games by Natsume tho, I'll always be loyal to the Bokujou Monogatari series lol.
My favorite game is Animal Parade, I LOVE CHASE <3 and the "end" made me cry so much lol. I can't play it anymore because my brother sold the Wii </3 I miss it so much.
I have never played the Rune Factory series but everyone says it's really fun so I want to try it soon!

I'm always looking for AC open world type game. Never played Harvest Moon. Tempted though.

FoMT and MFoMT were my absolute favorites.
But DS and DScute were also really, really good.
Then from there they turned to absolute crud, imo.

I did play one of the newer ones, skytree village, which is an official hm title. (didn't they sell the natsume name though?) It's alright but it's nothing like the others, at all. Really. It's completely different, more simple almost. I can't decide whether I actually like it, or not. I think the way you can arrange your farm is pretty neat.

Story of Seasons (the first one) was okay, I don't like trio of towns.

Stardew Valley rocks, but you can't go into it expecting it to be like HM but it's pretty different. I did this and for the longest time didn't like it/couldn't get into it, but now I'm addicted.

Last edited:
Back