I'm thinking of resetting but..

FINALLY done transferring whew. Time to begin the reset!

I..miight just sell most of this stuff actually, I didn't realize how much I actually had rip

EDIT: my town is worth 73,410,898 nice (thats with not selling the catalogue, which I don't want to do). ooh with the installments I can get 80,752,000 even better

Last edited:
I found it! My new town! After the fifth reset I found a town I really like. It has a private beach, native apples, a nice big empty spot for my house and great starting villagers! Goldie, Whitney, Joey, Curt, Goose. I think I'll keep Whitney and Goldie around for awhile, they're adorable~

Mayor Toby of Honeydew is ready to shape this place into something great. o/

Also Goldie and Whitney live next to each other and Goose and Joey live next to each other lol. This town has some segregation going on..which I will endorse because I'm going to fill that big area full of patterns so no one can move next to me. :blush:

Last edited:
I found it! My new town! After the fifth reset I found a town I really like. It has a private beach, native apples, a nice big empty spot for my house and great starting villagers! Goldie, Whitney, Joey, Curt, Goose. I think I'll keep Whitney and Goldie around for awhile, they're adorable~

Mayor Toby of Honeydew is ready to shape this place into something great. o/

Also Goldie and Whitney live next to each other and Goose and Joey live next to each other lol. This town has some segregation going on..which I will endorse because I'm going to fill that big area full of patterns so no one can move next to me. :blush:

Awesome! Enjoy your new town! :)

i've reset my town many times and i honestly don't regret it. i'm finally at peace with my current one after around 6 months of non stop working on it. it's frustrating to begin with but each time i reset each time i improved
i think your negative outlook on your town surpasses the positive so i'd say go for it, or maybe even get a new cartridge if you're really unsure

edit: realised you've already reset it but good luck

Last edited:
Okay I don't plan on commenting on this everyday with updates but I just wanted to say how the beginning of Honeydew is going so far.

So after getting everything all set up I made a simple little flag and put in a town tune (Chocolate by The 1975, one of my favorite songs). Donated a few things to the museum. I did time travel a teeny bit, just to get it to day so I could complete setting things up (unfortunately I'm a dunce and went a day forward bc idk how to work out times). So now I have Ken right in my front yard. :I I'm going to let him stay his course though, I don't want to use amiibo cards just yet (and I'll only use maybe one, if any at all). This morning Cherry set up her house plot, she's close to my house but not super close so it's okay. That makes three canines and two chickens in town so far. I already scouted out the location for the Roost, it will be right next to town hall, making a perfect line with town hall and the plaza tree (I'll post my map later) so I covered that area with patterns. I got an actual house and set up some simple decor and am working on my approval rating. I think I'll use less paths in this town and less structured scenery (flowers, trees, bushes). I'll go for modern pwps still but make it less..having to follow the paths and less crowded and blocked off. I also found some areas in town where I already have ideas on what to put in them which is something to also look forward too!

Last edited:
I think you should go ahead and reset. A lot of the things that you don't like are permanent PWPs, so I don't think you should keep your town as those are things you'll never be able to get rid of. It's your town after all, and you should do as you feel fit/what makes you feel happier with it. It's all about your enjoyment of the game. Like you said the cons outweigh the pros, so I don't see why not. It's always hard in the beginning starting over, but eventually you'll build your town up again.

Back