Storytime!

Allure

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
So, I originally posted this in a giveaway thread, but I wanted to share it!

Ahem...
Once upon a time there was a 12 year old girl. She really, really, wanted to have a new town. However this 12 year old girl was unaware that selling her town was an option. So, she asked somebody to hold her items, the thousands of items, for her, while she reset. She was offering 50 TBT to the person kind enough to let her drop off all her things, which ended up taking up around one fourth of their town, and hold them for a few hours while she map reset. One such user replied to her request not even two minutes after it was posted. He said something along the lines of this to the girl. Hello! I see you are resetting your town! I would be more than happy to hold your items for you! I don't mind if it'll take up some room, it's for a good cause! LMK when you are available, I'll help you whenever! The young girl had specified that it would take up a lot of space, and that she may take a long time map resetting. He assured her that it was fine, and that no, he really didn't want any TBT or IGB for it. And s he let the girl frop off all of her items, bells, and hybrids, which in itself took around an hour for her. The user was nice, and chatted and joked with her while she worked.
When she was done, he wished her luck on her map resetting, and told her to take as long as she needed. She ended up falling asleep before choosing a town, and felt really bad in the morning. The user replied jokingly, saying I mean, I did tell you to take as long as you needed. Keep looking, and good luck, again! So she looked, and looked, and after a few hours she had settled into her new town. When she went to collect her items, nothing was missing, and he had taken the time to organize them. The literal thousands of items. After she had filled up her storage with them, he told her that he had a surprise. He led her off to a corner of his beautiful town, where he had laid many DLC sets she had told him she adored. She broke down in tears, not that he could see. She smiled and thanked him a million times over. Now the girls town is going good, and they meet regularly to hang, and to chat at each other's towns. He is her best friend on the whole internet. And by now, I am sure you know who the lucky girl is. I am proud to say it is me. The end.

I love ACNL and how much personality it has.

That's incredibly sweet. It can be difficult to know who to trust and who will actually hold your items in good faith and actually return them to you. I've had some nice people help me, and I've helped out as well.
I find the AC community/fandom/what-have-you to be really nice and caring - and why wouldn't we be? We all love our towns and our villagers and strive for similar things.
It's nice to hear something positive and how it turned out for you. Love the story <3

Very cool. You never know who you may run into. You did take a gamble trusting them, but you ended up with a good friend. I remember helping someone on the island with tours. They didn't have any medals and needed like 600 or something for the whole mermaid series. They were trying to get it for a gift for someone. So we just did tour after tour until they got them all.

So it's always fun to help out people and make friends.

Aw that's awesome! I'm glad you found such a great friend! This community is the first one I've ever been so active in and a part of and I gotta say, while yes it has had its bumps and holes, it's been a great ride. So many people have been so nice and helpful and it really embodies the spirit of the game itself I feel. Players like him really make this community be special and just keep it wholesome.

Back