• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Encounters of the bird kind.

N a t

In the name of the Moon, Indeedaroo!
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Sheep Plush
Blue Star Fragment
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Yellow Star Fragment
Sheep Plush
Pink Hybrid Rose
Blue Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
White Rose
Anybody got some weird bird experiences? I'm sitting here on my toilet, and my ears pick up on some weird static- like noise, and I look out the window, and the freaking trees behind my house are covered in bird. Like noisy black leaves. There are so many. These birds are quite a ways away, and I'm inside, and I can still hear their bird static.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just looked again, they had gotten quiet, their taking turns in the trees. The first huge flock took off, and another huge flock took their place among the branches. Viva bird revolution.

- - - Post Merge - - -

More are STILL coming

- - - Post Merge - - -

There are so many birds in the sky, y'all

a few years ago i lifted my cardigan up and down to a flock of pigeons and every time i lifted it they flew up a bit and when i lifted it down they went back on the ground it was funny

lol what comes to mind for me is the monstrosity of Canadian geese. I encounter them too often during the warm weather, especially summer. They stop traffic and completely infest my university campus. Thank goodness they've migrated for the winter.

I've never heard the term 'bird static'. I love it.

Once a freaking sky rat (also known as: seagulls) was standing in the middle of a parking lot exit and the idiot wouldn't move out of the way until i threw a french fry out the window

I had to pay a seagull to leave Walmart

this is a very clever thread title
once i was in pe class and i walked outside and felt something on my head and went 'oh it's raining!!', devastated since i would be doing pe outdoors. once everyone else walked out they started looking at me before pointing out i had a big white blob on my head.

Once a freaking sky rat (also known as: seagulls) was standing in the middle of a parking lot exit and the idiot wouldn't move out of the way until i threw a french fry out the window

I had to pay a seagull to leave Walmart

give seagulls cheesestrings and they'll be forever in your debt

I had a somewhat similar experience to pumpkins'. I was lucky enough to visit Paris and while standing in line at the Eiffel Tower, a bird flew over and splattered a whole bunch of us. I don't know how it hit so many people, but it did. We were from different places and spoke different languages, but had a multicultural bonding experience over the sharing of tissues and baby wipes, and pointing out where someone had missed a spot, etc. It was really gross, but also kind of funny.

we were visiting some family friends of ours, and they have this beautiful, green, 30 year old macaw. his name is simon. they keep him downstairs, but he was brought up for a little bit so we could say hello. well he's brought up, perched on one of their forearms, and the very first thing he did was drop one on the floor. it was kind of funny actually, just kind of a 'look what i can do!' thing. he and one of the owners also squawk at each other a bit. apparently they would get into arguments and greg (one of the owners) would just spray him with water. they eventually found out it doesn't work very well.

we also had a serama chicken for a while. a few funny experiences w/ her. one time, shortly after we took her in, i was holding her and she laid and egg like right there as i was holding her. i didn't enjoy that too much.
another time we had family over for thanksgiving or christmas (or maybe even easter) and, being a p christian family, we stood outside on our back porch and joined hands for a prayer before the meal. well the chicken usually hung out on the deck and it laid an egg like, right there in the middle of the circle. and then riley, our dog, just came over and ATE IT. RIGHT THERE IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR CIRCLE AND OUR DOG CAME AND SLURPED IT RIGHT UP. (you know when i think about it it might've been a previously laid egg that was placed on the table, and then the dog came up and sniffed it, it fell, broke, and she ate it. either way, you get the gist. she ate the egg in the middle of this prayer circle).
THEN another thing w/ the chicken was when we had an old friend of my dad's staying with us one time. our back door leads right into our kitchen, and we had that door open as my parents were showing this friend the chicken. well in the kitchen was a pizza sitting out of the stove. my mom was moving the chicken to the garage (where she was kept at night), and for whatever weird reason the chicken flies off my mom's arm and lands onto the pizza. she wasn't on it for that long (maybe 2 seconds at the MOST) so it wasn't like contaminated with little chicken germs, but still. it wasn't my pizza that it landed on but i still felt more traumatized/shocked by that experience than the others because they think it was pretty funny. which yeah it was funny but i was still aghast because we had a guest over.

lmao i've had more bird experiences than i've thought!

I hardly see blue jays, so I see them as a good luck charm. Today was the opposite. I got mugged (I only gave him five bucks), I tripped on solid asphalt, got my baby toe stuck in concrete, and I lost my deeta on my DSi. I had it backed up and all, but still. I blame it on the blue jay ****ting on me. I guess I forgot to mention it **** on my arm.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I dunno how much longer I can go on. I need some motivation.

One time I looked out my window and there were three turkeys in my backyard.
Turkeys. Turkeys. And it's not like I live out in the countryside or anything, I live in a busy suburb. So where did they come from??

I have a flock of turkeys that hangs out in my yard sometimes. I was surprised though once to see a handful of them in the middle of the city. It's surprising where they can turn up!

I get to see a bunch of neat birds in my yard. I have a lot of trees around. Most of the time, it's really nice. One of my least favorite though is the yellow-bellied sapsucker, which is a type of small woodpecker. It likes to peck holes in my house!

my most recent bird experience is plastered on my windshield : (

Birds in my neighborhood like sitting on my mailbox in the mornings. They do this every single morning and I don't know why. As a result, my mailbox has bird poop all over it. I clean it off and then there's bird poop on it again the very next day since they sit there every day.

oh! one time when i was in 5th grade on the way to school there was jsut.. an entire.. peacock... crossing the road. like, a 4 lane road.

not particularly weird but sort of funny

one time we bought this weird lemon bread and we ended up hating it but didn't want to throw it away, so we wanted to give it to the seagulls who hang out by mcdonald's (they tend to chase cars wanting food, and if you give them even one fry about fifty of them come after you and flock the windows lol). so we did just that. we dumped out this ****ed up lemon bread and the seagulls came swarming down.

they began to eat it alright and we were like cool they like it. and then outta nowhere the whole lot of them run over to the nearest puddle of water and begin rinsing their mouths. we couldn't stop laughing... my god it was so funny. they didn't even eat the whole thing either lmao they got so pissed.

we had a lost homing pigeon living with us for a few days once. We got her back to her owner but decided that if she came back again we would just keep her. Never saw her again though

oh! one time when i was in 5th grade on the way to school there was jsut.. an entire.. peacock... crossing the road. like, a 4 lane road.

I had a similar experience, but it was at an amusement park and there was like a little petting zoo area near by. We were about to leave but I had to go to the bathroom, so I told my friends I'd meet them at the car in a bit. As I was walking back I saw a peacock wander right past me in the car park. It was so majestic but also weird, but I guess it could have wandered outside the park?? The annoying thing was my friends didn't believe me.

...but aside from that...

I've had wild birds fly into my house before when the door was open, on more than one occasion (like sparrows). i just get a broom and try to steer them back towards the door but sometimes it takes a while coz they flying around all crazay and perching on the hanging ceiling lamp or flying upstairs

one time i came home and a medium size owl flew off my front step. then i heard some cooing sounds and looked up to see two fledgling owls in a small tree branch above my head. they were sort of bobbing side to side looking down at me, and cooing. i could have probably reached out and touched them. but another occasion i was able to get really close to one of the owls with a camera:

4maW963.jpg

...but aside from that...

I've had wild birds fly into my house before when the door was open, on more than one occasion (like sparrows). i just get a broom and try to steer them back towards the door but sometimes it takes a while coz they flying around all crazay and perching on the hanging ceiling lamp or flying upstairs

one time i came home and a medium size owl flew off my front step. then i heard some cooing sounds and looked up to see two fledgling owls in a small tree branch above my head. they were sort of bobbing side to side looking down at me, and cooing. i could have probably reached out and touched them. but another occasion i was able to get really close to one of the owls with a camera:

4maW963.jpg

This picture would make for a perfect caption with my thread title...

Back