• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Moving Out Amiibo Card Villagers

Holla

Easter Moon
Cherry 🍒
Persimmon 🍅
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
So I no longer have any Amiibo cards but I want one of my regular villagers moved in via Amiibo card to move out. Will she eventually ask to move out like any other villager or am I stuck with her forever?

Yeah, you can move out Amiibo villagers just like any other villagers. As far as I know, it's not any easier or harder than regular villagers either.

Ok thanks! I was worried there for a bit.

Really? Because I amiibo scanned Gaston and he has never requested to leave my town... Which is a little annoying since there are others that I much prefer.

I've heard villagers from amiibo/cards may take longer to move out. But as far as I know this isn't confirmed

I have about half regular villagers and half amiibo card villagers and so far, the ones that ask to move out have just cycled through the regular villagers. I haven't had any amiibo villagers ask to leave yet, while some of my regular villagers have asked multiple times. I've heard that others have had amiibo villagers ask to move though. I'm not sure if it's just less common, or if it only starts happening if all of your villagers are amiibo villagers. (To clarify though, I've only been actively playing this town with a full 10 villagers for a couple of months.)

Edit: I should add that my regular villagers aren't all older than my amiibo villagers, and it's not just villagers that I'm very close friends with that have asked to move. (I have amiibo villagers that have given me their picture and haven't asked to move as well as regular villagers that haven't given me their picture and have asked to move.) Again though, this is just my personal experience so far.

Last edited:
I haven't gotten many (if any) requests from my Amiibo villagers to move town, but those are a couple Sanrio neighbours who may be different from the regular Amiibo cards. I don't cycle though, so maybe I just haven't caught them yet. I hope you're able to move them out, I don't imagine Nintendo would have made them chained to you forever.
Good luck :)

I have 9 amiibo's and one villager I invited from the camping ground. The amiibo's ping to move every second time. Before I had 4 amiibo's and 6 regular villagers and it took a year for an amiibo to ping.

hmm, my amiibo villagers are epona, cleo, olaf, and peanut... i don't really think any of them have asked to leave. i'm not in any rush since they aren't my main priority for getting out of my town, but i eventually want to boot a couple out to get room for more favorable villagers. now that i think about it i dont think my amiibo villagers have ever asked to leave. looking at other comments though i guess it depends on the ratio of normal to amiibo villagers you have. that must be why everyone kind of gives different responses.

I can confirm that Amiibo villagers take longer to move out. I scanned in Epona close to a year ago, and she pinged to move for the very first time a few months ago. Hasn't happened before, or since.

Generally they do take longer to ping to move out, but I think if majority of your villagers are amiibos then they should ping a bit more regularly :0

Hmm sadly most of my town are normal move ins. Only 2 are from Amiibo Rod and Robin. Robin is the one I want gone. I believe she moved in before Rod. I’ll just have to be patient I guess.

Yesh amiibo villagers won't ping that much unless your whole town is amiibo or close to it. I don't know why, but that is pretty convenient for someone who doesn't feel like hunting down a mover every so many days. If you only have two, you're going to have to scan another amiibo in to get them out. You can try waiting, but I tried that since November of 2016 until I just gave up this month and scanned them out.

I have my five starters, three regular move-ins, and two amiibo villagers. Canberra and Cube (move-in and starter) are the only two that ever ping to move.

Mind you, my town isn't even two months old, and it hasn't even been a month since my tenth villager (amiibo) moved in.

Yeah they can move out, but it till take 9+ months from my recent experience, think it was actually 10 months. Tucker who was a card move-in pinged and then I have 8 card/amiibos and two regular so yeah.

I guess another thing I could do is move Inkwell in to force Robin out. I don’t have any Amiibo cards but I do have the Splatoon Amiibo. And I’ll just let one of my normal move ins move out later. (I need a Snooty villager badly).

Back