• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Should I try to get back into New Leaf?

Should I get back into New Leaf?

• Yes!

Votes: 23 85.2%
  • No.

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

Stockley_

The Director
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7457-9399-7967
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
Hey everyone, I got my copy of New Leaf a month after the game was released in North America. I played the game every day for a year, enjoying every second of it! After a year, I took a break from the game and every time I tried to get back into it, I found it to be a bit of a chore.

So the question is, should I give it another shot? It's been a while since the last time I played and I think this community could help spark my interest in the game again!
So what do you guys think?

I think yes! It's honestly more of a chore if you don't play every day because then you have weeds to pluck and whatnot. I think if you play regularly and interact with the community it will be fun and a good distraction from life

No. You clearly lack the enthusiasm to try to revive something that has run its course. Drop it. Move on.

I've had the same experience with it becoming a chore to be honest, I only come on TBT to buy art and chat with people. I can't get back into it no matter how hard I try, but you could try harder if you wanted.

I always have a part of my brain telling me I'm completely wasting my time while I play it though, and it does not feel good.

I mean, there's no harm in giving it another shot. Sometimes taking a long break revives interest in a game. But if you start playing again and it still feels like a chore, I'd say it's time to move on for good. There's no reason not to try again if you already own the game, but there's also no reason to force yourself to play a video game. It's supposed to be fun, so if you're not feeling like it's all new and fresh and exciting this time around, then it's just not worth your time. There are way too many great games in the world to waste time on ones that you don't look forward to.

Why not? Try it out and see. I got back into the game after a year away, found this community, and have been playing daily since August. I also found myself having acquired an embarrassing amount of new towns and play hours since I started up again. Maybe sell your old town to Nook (if you have the requirements to do so) and start fresh. Or keep your current town and and tear down the public works projects, chop down trees, move in new villagers and stat fresh that way without having to lose your old town. Just depends on where your interests lie now. And if you lose interest again, it's only a game after all - maybe you'll find something you enjoy playing more than this one.

Totally. Now is a great time too with the event going on in the forum so it might spark some more interest.

Why not try? :) There have been a lot of changes and new additions with the Welcome Amiibo update, that and being a part of this community might renew your interest. Give it a shot!

You're asking an animal crossing forum if you should get back into ACNL...what do you expect the answer's gonna be? lol

In all seriousness, find something new to do everyday in your town. Visit dream addresses to get inspired. If you feel like doing the daily routine is too bland or too much of a chore, don't feel bad about deviating from your usual tasks!

I mean only if you want to...if you got to ask someone, you probably already know what the answer is.

Whenever you think you're ready :) I'd say yes, the game can feel like a chore but once you've progressed into the game enough and finished lots of things, you can play more freely.

Back