Giveaway WINNERS ANOUNCED 1000TBT Give away! In the spirit of the 5 years of new leaf!

I'm so sorry. I meant to ask to be entered for a chance at the 2nd - 5th place prizes when I submitted my story but I got lost in memories and it slipped my mind. If it's still possible may I be entered for a chance for the other prizes? If it's too late I completely understand. Thank you.

I have had many things happen while I was playing NL, but one time not too long ago I was hosting a party in my town, and there was a rare and huge dragonfly that flew by me and the people I invited to play with, and we tried to catch it. It was flying away into the ocean, and at first we thought it was gone, but then it kept coming back to the beach! It did this a few times until eventually someone caught it. We were so happy, haha.

Also, enter me!

I cant tell once you turn in an entry you automatically get entered for the 2nd-5th prizes, so if so, I'll just slap a ENTER ME!

Thanks again! Sorry if I wasn't suppose to post this, :)

Ahh this is super generous of you to do the give away. I'll put an enter me right at the start (I've seen some pretty good stories already)

I remember in my first wild world town I had Kiki and absolutely loved her as a villager but then a lost the game. When New leaf came out I tried many times to get Kiki into my starting town but she didn't show up and eventually I settled to have a decent map. So when I finally noticed that Ammibo cards were a thing (it took a while), I thought that was my chance to get the elusive black cat. Sadly I didn't get her and ebay (Aus ebay) has been super expensive to get either her card or/and the shipping. Discovering this forum was really the best thing that happened because I could finally get Kiki after a couple of years. So I spent time developing my towns, so that she didn't move into a horrible spot and make me regret it.

Finally yesterday I got Kiki to move into my town thanks to another user on this site and although she stubbornly tried to plot her house in a terrible spot, I was able to get her into a good location. Now,I'm super happy to have her in my town.

Enter me!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hmm well I would have a rough time 2 years ago and playing this game really helped me. The villagers and atmosphere proved to be helpful to me during my depressing times. Molly and Stitches would make me feel more entertained than others so they hold the titles of my favorite villagers because of that.

I'll enter :)

So back when the Amiibo update was introduced, I got super hyped when they announced that Leopold would be a returning villager. I was even more happy when I discovered that he would be a smug villager!!

Eventually, a really nice person on here gave him to me (since I don't have an NFC Reader, or any cards for that matter), and I became such good friends with him, he gave me his picture! It's sitting on the fireplace in my upstairs room.

He's my fuzzy boo :blush:

Enter me!

I think one of my favorite memories from my duration of ACNL playing was what I would call the best Club Tortimer experience ever. Of course there's been countless people trapping me at the island, and trying to force bells from me, and disconnecting everyone when I had a basket full of beetles. But one magical time, at night I went on to the island and one person was there, I can't remember her name now, so I guess I'll call her Anna. Anna started talking to me immediately, asking me about myself, I found out she was 14, and as I was there beetle hunting she'd call me over to gold beetles when she found them so I didn't have to run around so much, it was really sweet. She complimented my outfit and showed me some she had made as well.

Soon after a boy joined us, I'll call him Frank, and he was super nice too, I think he was a bit older, 17 maybe, and he was really nice too, beetle hunting as well but he'd tell me when there were sharks. Then another boy joined, call him Ted, and he was nice too! It was the weirdest thing because every time before when I'd met nice people, some jerk or really annoying 10 yo would come and ruin it before I got a chance to add them.

So we had our little perfect group and I swear we hung out for a good hour or so at the island, we did some of the tours and helped each other, we did the fruit maze and just brought up all the fruit for each other. Did a fossil tour and talked each other through it to finish really fast, and then did like so many hammer tours because it was fun, half the time we were bonking and tripping over each other but it was great!

So we all added each other's FC's and ended up all going over to Franks town and playing Hide and Seek, I kept winning cause I was using glitches. But it was really fun! I ended up not really seeing or talking to Frank or Ted after that but Ana bf'd me and was always on when I came on so we got really close for a good long while, she'd vent to me a lot and so it was neat having a nice friend on there, she helped me out with a lot of stuff, anytime she'd come over she'd pay off any PWP I had going and help me water and weed.

Sadly after maybe a month she kind of disappeared, probably found a new game to play or something. And I have restarted my town since and cleared out my inactive friends so she's no longer on my list, it'd be cool to run into her again on the island or something, but it was just a really neat thing to encounter, a rare experience indeed. But it's the main reason I keep going back to the island... I just hope I find another good friend there.

Last edited:
Enter me please! :)

The saddest thing to happen to me on new leaf was that I had stopped playing the game for quite a while because I had lost interest in it, I went back on it after not playing on it for a year and out of all my villagers only my favourite character had left. My favourite character used to be roonie (don't ask why cause I don't really know) and I got upset and decided to start over only for it to be updated not long after so that you can sell your town and now I'm just sad :/

Last edited:
Enter me!

The best ACNL experience for me got to do with this forum and people on it :)
Before I joined this forum, I play alone mostly, online only on CT but rarely find nice people to play with, got scammed, pranked, and even bullied because my char was very basic at that time (bob hair, basic tee, etc etc)

Christmas 2015, I made a giveaway on this forum (that was the 1st ever I made a GA and interact with lots of people on ACNL), by simply wrapping the mystery items, scatter them around the station exit, then invite people to come to my town and grab one for them to take home as their Christmas present.

After bad experiences at CT, that giveaway surely a stress reliever. People were very kind and enthusiastic, played by the rules, never complain on whatever they're getting, even some gave me gift in returns! Some talked to my villagers, so for the following weeks, the game feels very realistic because the villagers talked about how X from Y visiting and such. It was very fun, and undoubtedly one of the best ACNL memories for me.

TL;DR
I am very grateful to be a part of this forum. It proves that there are lots of great fellas to play with, lots are ready to help others with simple request like fruit exchange, even the hard one like completing the furniture series or DLC items. In the spirit of 5 years of ACNL, I just want to say: Y'all whippersnappers are awesome!!! Also thanks for the GA chance, whatnamenow! That's so generous of you. Kudos!

Last edited:
Thanks for doing this giveaway! Honestly I've had so much fun with ACNL and it was definitely one of my favourite games to play. I'm not as active as I used to be sadly but it is quite fun.
I guess the story I want to tell is a kind of bittersweet? But after a few months of playing ACNL, I managed to make a close friend on a place that was basically my first ever social media platform type of thing. I was only 13 because my parents were strict and didn't allow me to make other things like twitter, facebook, etc. So this site I went on was basically my life.
But anyways, this person I considered my best friend back then. We just had great chemistry together and were never awkward or ran out of things to talk about, and after finding out we were both into ACNL, we ended up playing a lot together on there.
I remember it being a bummer because no one was able to visit my town for the first few years I played so as a result I only ended up visiting her town. xD
We'd play for hours, either going to the island or just talking endlessly about whatever came to mind.
It was so fun for a kid like me, because as I mentioned before my parents just kept me sheltered away from social media and stuff, so the thought of something like this happening was amazing to me, I thought I was so lucky.
The sad part of the story comes in when my dad gets involved. I'm not gonna go into too much detail, but he knew about my account and checked it frequently (which I wasn't very aware about).... Things get really personal regarding my family when he finds something I posted that he didn't like. And he basically jumped to the conclusion that this place was bad for me, and that in the end he forced me to leave it. That was the only way of contacting my friend, and I remember being devastated knowing that I had to leave the only place I could contact her. He also associated ACNL as a bad game too because he thought I was doing bad things or something with my friend (I have no idea what he could have possibly thought we were doing was bad...but he always jumps to conclusions so like :/) so he didn't really want me playing that game for a while either.
Sorry if this story was a mess, but basically it was about me finally being able to interact with people online and realizing what a fun place the internet can be? And that even though that opportunity was snatched away from me, I still find it very memorable because it was like a big step up from my closed-off life and New Leaf was really able to help me connect with people during that time in my life, which is another personal reason why it means so much to me.

Last edited:
So probably around two years ago by this point, I had Mott living in my second town. Around this time I was getting more into the dream villager phenomenon and decided that I wanted to fill up my towns with villagers whose designs I really liked and/or that fit the theme of the towns. At this point, I liked Mott's design, but not as much as I liked some others, so I considered him to be one of the villagers on the chopping block if I were able to find a dream villager for sale in the Villager Trading Plaza and I had to choose a non-dream villager to move out to make room.

Without much hesitation, when he said he was considering moving, I told him that I approved of his decision. I believe I had found one of my dream villagers, so I didn't really have time to mull things over. But the affection I had for him grew and I started regretting the decision. It was too late at this point to reverse my decision, and when his moving day came I was pretty mixed in my emotions. I was happy to be getting one of my dream villagers from someone's cycling town, but I had come to realize that I really liked Mott. He has a nice design and his name makes me think of (Mott's brand) apple sauce. He's a cool guy. So I made it a point to myself that I'd get another town where I could adopt Mott again, alongside the rest of my excess dream villagers who didn't fit any of my town themes.

I created that town last year and decided to make it into a hybrid circus/magic show town.

Just a few weeks ago I managed to find a thread that was offering villagers for sale utilizing to the amiibo cards. After probably two years of wanting to reacquire him, I finally managed to do so. There are still a few villagers I need to acquire for that town to be complete, but our little circus has secured its main attraction! What's a circus without a lion, after all? Plus, he's a Jock, so you know he's up for crazy stunts.

(Please enter me into the running for the 2nd through 5th place rewards if I don't win. Thank you. :))

thanks for doing this giveaway!

here's my ACNL story

I've always enjoyed going to the international Club Tortimer island, even though some of the time the people can be weird. Sometimes I've landed on a CT island in Japan. now and then when that happens, i'll type "konichiwa," but i don't think anybody understands the English phonetics for that. usually the other players will type something in Japanese characters that i don't understand and then we'll just awkwardly but politely go about our island business solo. but one time, a Japanese visitor at Club Tortimer started talking to me in English! her name was Keiko, but she went by Key. we went on some tours together, then after we chatted for a while, she proposed that we trade FCs and that I come visit right away. So I went to her town, it was the first time I ever visited a Japanese gamers' ACNL village, it was pretty cool. (I was a little disappointed tho that the villagers talked to me in English, i was hoping they would talk to me in Japanese, lol...) next we made each other best friends on our ACNL copies, so we could text chat when we both had the game loaded up. We started visiting each once or twice a week. We would chat for a long time, asking each other questions about our home countries. She called me Sun and I was to call her Moon. Ah but one day my 3DS broke and I wasn't able to find somebody that could repair it. I had to start over with a new 3DS, so I lost all my friend codes. And that was the end of my international ACNL friendship with Moon.... :(
but it was fun while it lasted! :)

Enter me please and thank you! Here is my story below.
Once upon a time there was a village named Leronde. In this town there were 10 cats. The male cats like Bob and Kid Cat seemed to like each other's company while the female cats like Ankha and Rosie would stick together. Throughout the day there would be endless interactions filled with gifts, letters and trading of shirts. Bob initially had started a white t shirt trend, the shirt you can easily pick up from the Able Sisters by default design. Bob spread this infectious fashion disease around to the other villagers and they all followed suit. Much to the perfectionist of a Mayor's dismay, Marius had set upon a quest to restore clothing originality to Leronde.

He marched up to Nookington's and interacted with the machine to order two of each of the ten villager's shirts to send it to them in the mail. The following day the orders had arrived as promised, making the mail box shake and rattle because it was stuffed to the max. Pete the mail man had to make a special trip to ensure quick and accurate delivery of the Mayor's order.

Marius rushed to the Post Office where he ran into Phyllis. Upon the Mayor's arrival Phyllis just stared.

P: "Ugh another customer? What do you want?"
M: "Hello, I'd like to send these t-shirts out please."
P: "What do you think we are, Goodwill?"
M: "Heheh I'm trying to restore order in the town."
P: "Whatever. You know it's going to be 500 Bells per item, right?"
M: "WHAT!? WHy?"
P: "Shipping, duh. Well, handling too."
M: "Oh alright."
*Marius coughs up 10,000 Bells*

P: *stares* What else could you possibly need now?
M: "Oh, nothing. I was just wondering if I may get a rece-"
P: "THEN SCRAM!"

*Marius exits Post Office*

*A day passes*

Marius sets out to see his villagers. He waves to Lolly. Check. He notices Kid Cat sprinting by. Check. Punchy is fast asleep on the town hammock. Check. Rosie is watering flowers. Check. Kabuki is busy yelling at a bird for waking him up. Check. Olivia is inside her room playing her piano. Check. Tom has fallen into a Pitfall hole. ahaha. Double check! Mitzi is walking around singing, she seems to be in a very good mood. Check. Marius pulls out his town map.

Now where is Bob? He looks around town and asks the villagers.

Rosie: Like Bob? I think he went fishing! Try the waterfall!
Kabuki: Bob? DOES IT LOOK LIKE I KNOW?!
Kid Cat: That Bob dude? Man, he was just here with me lifting weights!
Mitzi: I thought I saw Bob at Main Street.

Exclamation emote

Marius dashes to Main Street. He has to be here! Swooshes inside Nookington's and takes the elevator to the third floor.

Immediately he sees Bob talking with Gracie Grace!

Bob: Yo Marius! Check it man! Gracie Grace really likes my fashion sense! She has appointed me as her fashion aide. Soon EVERYONE in Leronde will sport this stylish look!

*a curtain reveals that it is the inevitable White T Shirt*

*Marius curls up into a ball and cries*

END

Last edited:
The saddest thing for me is the fact that due to sd cared corruption I have had to restart my town three times. My first town was from the start of the game. I was a midnight release downloader from the 3ds store. I had on that town all badges and a full mussam with a room devoted to mario, nintendo, space, and more. That killed when I lost it. My second town was doing really well and near complete when the sd card died again. my newest town is doing well. but It still upsets me to think about what was lost.

Sorry that i didnt draw yet. Will do it tomorrow somthing got in between! Can';t enter no more.

Back