Giveaway WINNERS ANOUNCED 1000TBT Give away! In the spirit of the 5 years of new leaf!

whatnamenow

False tears bring pain
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
New Horizons Token
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
New Leaf Token
Jack
Waluigi Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
Red Feather
Blue Feather
Feedback
100% (55) +
Hello!

Winner of the 1000TBT prize is Haydenv019 Claimed
Winners of the 500TBT prize are otomatoe and Jeannine
Winner of the lobo collectible is ~Unicorn~ Claimed
Winner of the mint collectible is xSuperMario64x

Be sure to claim the prize by sending me a message before 22/11/17

To celebrate the aniversary of new leaf i wil do a 1000 TBT give away.

Tell me your nicest/sadest/funiest/heart warming story that you experienced in the past 5 years of new leaf :)

Only 1 entrie per person as this is a give away and not a chatter box :) To enter for the 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th prize just say enter me!And you wil also be entered.

Ofcourse you don't have to be playing the game for 5 years to enter.

Give away ends 15 november. The person with the best story wins!

Also 2 smaller prices of 500TBT wil be given out to the 2nd and 3rd winners :O

The 4th winner wins a Lobo collectible and the 5th person wil win a Mint collectible.

I am looking forward to reading al the stories you have to tell me. How long or how short they may be.

Last edited:
I'm in! So I had this one villager named Bella. Bella and i were really good friends and she gave me her picture. I then wanted to find out what happened if I send her the picture back in a letter, so I did. She then send me a letter back with something along the lines of that she loved my letter but hated the gift I got her, which is Ironic, as it was her own picture xD!

a couple of weeks ago me and my boyfriend were playing new leaf, and it was his idea to go to k.k. slider's gig since in my time zone it was 8pm.
when i got in, i first saw something cool first.

HNI_0027.JPG

i dunno, i thought it was a cool coincidence.

he wasn't in the building, so i went out to see where he was.
when i found him (i think he was shopping) we both went in, and this happened.

HNI_0030.JPG

ken and chadder had merged somehow lol, not sure if this is a common glitch or not? this is the first time i've seen this and i've been to k.k. a lot!
he requested k.k. metal and we sat to listen to it, and here are more screenshots of the merged chadder and ken.

HNI_0033.JPG

HNI_0032.JPG

Here's a nicest story I can think of:

I feared that I would lose one of my villagers after taking a two month break from playing ACNL, but when I loaded up ACNL for the first time, I haven't lost a single villager. They all stayed in MoonGlow.

I have two stories that I think would fit but I'm gonna use this one:

So in my old New Leaf town (the one I had before I reset to get the town I have now), I had Kiki. I was carrying a dice tank in my pockets, and when I walked past her she pinged me and asked for my dice tank. She said she wanted to buy it off me for 60 bells I think, and that was way less than what I paid for it, but I hate saying no to villagers so I let her buy it off me.

The next day I go into Re-Tail, I see that same dice tank up for sale in the back. I go over to see who's selling it, and BOOM: Kiki was selling the dice tank for 90 bells!!! I felt scammed, honestly. actually can't remember how many bells she bought it off me for and how much she sold it for, but I do know that she bought it off me for way less bells than how much she sold it for, if that makes sense lol. That made me dislike Kiki ever since.

Its more of a funny coincidence. I was already moving my stuff to a different town for holding because I was planning to reset my game. I didn't really like my layout so I wanted to be fresh. Then out of the blue, my favorite villager (Punchy) moved in and stopped all plans from the reset happening lol. I would never have expected him to make an appearance so suddenly.

Thanks for the giveaway!

I can't tell if this counts as a ACNL story, since it involves real life dilemmas with one special villager I loved back then, but I'll tell it anyways.

When I started ACNL a few years ago (2013), I casually made my town, and one of the 5 starter villagers was Avery. I took a special interest in him mostly because I liked eagles, and I had no idea there were other Eagle Villagers out there. I played for another year, completely unaware of time traveling, talking and making friends with Avery. I soon realized, we were the best of friends. He was always sending letters and always making surprise visits to my house. I always did the same for him, sending gifts every day and hoping I could visit his house so we could chill out.

Then, one day, I suddenly just stopped playing. The day that I had to move out of my house to go with my dad, when I was seperated from my mother. I was devastated that I not only would not see her again for a very long time, but I didn't get the chance to grab my 3DS. It ended up just gathering dust.

Four years later, when I actually had the chance to reunite with my mom after my dad coincidentally moved closer to her, I got the chance to see her again. She picked me up during the weekends, and we would have a blast at her house. What I didn't know, though, is that my mom kept something very special to me on that day when I moved away.
My 3DS.
Yes, she somehow managed to keep it with her during the four years of disappearance, and she gave it back to me. I gave her a hug and said thank you, and ran upstairs to turn it on.
Of course it was four years old, it was out of battery. My mom also somehow managed to keep the charger along with it so I used that as well. After a couple of minutes, it turned on. everything was the same. Sure, it was a white background, but the nostalgia flooded back to me. I immediately went to see if my Animal Crossing was there, and sure enough, it was. I started the game.

And, immediately, the game shows Avery, my favorite character for the past four years, walking in a entirely new world. I went in as my mayor, greeted Isabelle as always when I did back then, and she commented on how long it was, and that she had to fill in my shoes. I felt really bad that she did that for me, but I had no choice.
So, as obvious as it could be, I ran towards Avery's house. Nearly all my villagers I had back then moved out, and we're replaced with new ones. Avery's house was placed at the exact spot as I remember it, with the same trees I planted around his house. And he was inside.
As I thought about for a moment whether he would be angry or glad that he would finally get to see me for the longest time in ACNL history, I opened the door.

I was greeted with a familiar sight. Same furniture I have gave him, same, well, everything.
I chatted with him.
And he was pissed. But then, seconds later, he was just glad to see me.

We finally reunited.

I played for the past year with him still in my town, while moving out my unwanted villagers and replacing them with my dreamies

Unfortunately, my friendship with Avery was starting to wear down as time past by. I had the opportunity to see the list of all the villagers in animal crossing, and I saw all these villagers I would love to have in my town, especially the wolf villagers.
then, I started time traveling.
And this is where it all went wrong.

Having luck at my side, I managed to move in each of my 10 favorite dreamies into my town. But, I forgot there was one last dreamie that I had to move in. But the last slot, was taken by Avery.

I quietly thought to myself for the past hour if I should move him out. Half of the people reading this would say no, but my selfishness took over me. I ended up time traveling to his move date, without remorse, like he was just another unwanted villager.

When I soon realized the terrible mistake I have made, it was too late. My best friend, for 5 years, was gone. And all I had in his place was a dreamie I didnt even know.

I ended up resetting my town a month after that because I then realized I hated my town.
I now have a Splatoon related town which is WIP.
Sooner or later, I'll move Avery back in.

But, he's gone.

The End.​

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thank you for the giveaway, by the way. This is in fact a true story.
It pained me to type it out, but I hope you like it nonetheless.

i guess this is heartwarming, i had a long conversation with a girl on CT who was about to start secondary school. she was really sweet and we played a lot of tours together, talked about ac, music, general stuff. i gave her lots of advice and tried to be reassuring because she was nervous about starting. i don't usually click with people that are significantly younger than me, but it was really nice because it reminded me of when i was younger where people i met online who were kind and i guess looked after me a lil bit

i dont rlly have any remarkable stories about acnl, but i did have a villager i really liked. his name was wolfgang and for the longest time, i wouldn't let him move away. eventually though, his time came and he was in boxes. this happened to coincide with my trip out of the country so i'm pretty sure he went into my void, or he was given away to someone on this forum. i ended up taking a break from the game until recently.

in a dream town i visited, they had wolfgang so i talked to him. ofc, he didn't remember me... i know it's just computer data whatever stuff and of course villagers don't remember you once they leave but wow... that hurt a bit.

When I was like 8, and I really like Simon, because of his type or whatever he was really funny. The he pinged me but I was talking to Deena, so I missed him. Then he was in boxes the next time I played, so I tted back one day AND HE WAS GONE. I was crying for ages.

Stitches is one of my favorite villagers in my town. He is so cute! I think he has a little crush on June, because he always has gifts for her and is always over at her house! He even gave June his catchphrase, stuffin'.
He's said several adorable things, but my favorite was when he asked me what I thought of his clothes. I answered 'cute' and he got sad and said:
"You think I'm cute? Like a stuffed animal or something?"
Yes Stitches, you are cute like a stuffed animal. Since you are stuffed. Don't need to be sad about it!
fb2005bd197bf181e477cbff8fd0c1ef--stitches-videogames.jpg

when i first started the game i went to my friends town and they dug holes as i came out of someone's house and i didn't know how to escape the holes so i sat there stuck for like 15 minutes until i realised how to get out, feelsbadman :')

I guess this could count as nice/heartwarming? Anyway, here goes:

Marshal was my first ever dreamie. I didn't even know about him until I saw a Miiverse post by some girl that had a screenshot of her visiting him. I can't explain it, I just fell in love. I needed that little fluffbutt in my life. Of course, this was long before I joined this forum, in 2014 actually. So, it turned out that my friend I had met somehow on AC:NL (I think it was through another friend) had Marshal and didn't like him one bit. She said I could have him once he moved out. So I did what every obsessed fangirl would do and visited that damn squirrel just about every day. My friend would come on the BFF chat, I would ask to come over, and then I would spend my time in Marshal's house or following him around. I talked to him endlessly. Then, one day, my friend finally said he was moving. I was so happy as I boarded that train to her town and saw my little squirrel in moving boxes. I took pictures of him saying he'd move in, took pictures of his house plot, and took pictures of him inside his house. I loved Marshal so much that I ended up maxing his friendship with me and got a picture from him every few days. I kept him for about three years, until the update came out and I was able to get him with an original house/clothing because I had his amiibo card. Basically, that's the story of my username. LMAO.

I just started playing ACNL in August. It's my first time playing an AC game so I haven't had a lot of experiences. Here's my one story:

In May of 2015 our beloved beagle mix, Jeremiah, passed away suddenly. Both we humans & our other dog, a beagle girl named Piper, grieved together. Piper looked for him for weeks before finally accepting he wasn't coming home again. She seemed a little less... perky after that, but still seemed happy. Last November (2016), Piper suddenly passed away on us also. We were still getting over Jeremiah when Piper passed. I've missed them both very much. When I started playing in August I bought a few packs of amiibo cards but really didn't look into all the available characters. Recently I was thinking of trading 2 of my cards and looked into who I might want to trade them for. That's when I found out about Jeremiah the frog & Piper the bird. I knew they weren't dogs but I still wanted their cards. I went on a well known auction site and found them both for sale. I was able to afford them both and they're currently on their way to me. In a small way I'll have my Jeremiah & my Piper back with me.

Here are the real Jeremiah (in front) & Piper...
View attachment 210994

UPDATE: I just wanted to share with everyone that my Jeremiah & Piper Amiibo cards arrived today. I'm so very happy to have them. Pippy is moving out on Nov. 16th (at least she was at last check) so I'm going to move Jeremiah in soon. Thank you!

Last edited:
Good idea. Here is one of my many funny stories:

So it was probably 2015 or something, I was at the island. There were two boys there, once was nice and the other was...gross. So he went up to me, trying to flirt and stuff...then the other boy is like "dude leave her alone" and the gross guy says a very interesting comeback. So then the war begins.

A lot of shouting between the two, and I get scared. I decide to run outside and the gross guy chases me. And the nice guy chases the gross guy, and we're literally running in a circle for I don't know how long, just chasing and chasing. I ran back into the hut to leave the island but the gross guy won't let me. So I just error and I'm free :D

(I think we can only do one?) Anyway, thank you for this!

Back