Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: WINNERS ANOUNCED 1000TBT Give away! In the spirit of the 5 years of new leaf!

Bells
    3DS
    2767-0790-7496
    IsabellePink Hybrid LilyNew LeafLoboYellow TulipWhite TulipRed TulipRed PansyWhite PansyYellow PansyYellow CosmosWhite Cosmos
    Wi-Fi / Trade Rating
    107 (100%)
    Enter me!

The best ACNL experience for me got to do with this forum and people on it
    Before I joined this forum, I play alone mostly, online only on CT but rarely find nice people to play with, got scammed, pranked, and even bullied because my char was very basic at that time (bob hair, basic tee, etc etc)

Christmas 2015, I made a giveaway on this forum (that was the 1st ever I made a GA and interact with lots of people on ACNL), by simply wrapping the mystery items, scatter them around the station exit, then invite people to come to my town and grab one for them to take home as their Christmas present.

After bad experiences at CT, that giveaway surely a stress reliever. People were very kind and enthusiastic, played by the rules, never complain on whatever they're getting, even some gave me gift in returns! Some talked to my villagers, so for the following weeks, the game feels very realistic because the villagers talked about how X from Y visiting and such. It was very fun, and undoubtedly one of the best ACNL memories for me.

TL;DR
    I am very grateful to be a part of this forum. It proves that there are lots of great fellas to play with, lots are ready to help others with simple request like fruit exchange, even the hard one like completing the furniture series or DLC items. In the spirit of 5 years of ACNL, I just want to say: Y'all whippersnappers are awesome!!! Also thanks for the GA chance, whatnamenow! That's so generous of you. Kudos!
    Last edited by otomatoe; 11-13-2017 at 07:40 AM.
    Mayor Ingrid of Sandy

Visit me in your dream!
    5400 6059 4596

Beautiful art by The Pennifer

False tears bring pain whatnamenow's Avatar
    Bells
    3DS
    2122-7631-0404
    MintLoboNew LeafWhite TurnipIsabelleBlue CandyJackGreen CandyGreen CandyRed CandyStar Glow Wand
Gift received at 08-21-2016, 04:00 AM from HeydenSpring Shamrock
Gift received at 03-18-2016, 02:38 AM from Daysie
    Wi-Fi / Trade Rating
    45 (100%)
    If you enter with a story. You enter for al the prizes automatic!

Made by Jintii@dA ; yoncco@IG

Bells
    3DS
    0302-1194-9433
    Pink Candy
Gift received at 11-03-2017, 06:43 PM from Woods Expedition Guide
Message: The Woods Expedition 2: Temple Tempest Staff FavoritePurple CandyBlue CandyCool Feather
Gift received at 09-18-2017, 05:20 PM from gyro
Message: A cool feather for a cool person!Glam FeatherSweet Feather
Gift received at 09-16-2017, 02:01 PM from Monkey D Luffy
Message: May the Spirit of Kracko live on through this feather    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Wi-Fi / Trade Rating
    200 (100%)
    Thanks for doing this giveaway! Honestly I've had so much fun with ACNL and it was definitely one of my favourite games to play. I'm not as active as I used to be sadly but it is quite fun.
    I guess the story I want to tell is a kind of bittersweet? But after a few months of playing ACNL, I managed to make a close friend on a place that was basically my first ever social media platform type of thing. I was only 13 because my parents were strict and didn't allow me to make other things like twitter, facebook, etc. So this site I went on was basically my life.
    But anyways, this person I considered my best friend back then. We just had great chemistry together and were never awkward or ran out of things to talk about, and after finding out we were both into ACNL, we ended up playing a lot together on there.
    I remember it being a bummer because no one was able to visit my town for the first few years I played so as a result I only ended up visiting her town. xD
    We'd play for hours, either going to the island or just talking endlessly about whatever came to mind.
    It was so fun for a kid like me, because as I mentioned before my parents just kept me sheltered away from social media and stuff, so the thought of something like this happening was amazing to me, I thought I was so lucky.
    The sad part of the story comes in when my dad gets involved. I'm not gonna go into too much detail, but he knew about my account and checked it frequently (which I wasn't very aware about).... Things get really personal regarding my family when he finds something I posted that he didn't like. And he basically jumped to the conclusion that this place was bad for me, and that in the end he forced me to leave it. That was the only way of contacting my friend, and I remember being devastated knowing that I had to leave the only place I could contact her. He also associated ACNL as a bad game too because he thought I was doing bad things or something with my friend (I have no idea what he could have possibly thought we were doing was bad...but he always jumps to conclusions so like :/) so he didn't really want me playing that game for a while either.
    Sorry if this story was a mess, but basically it was about me finally being able to interact with people online and realizing what a fun place the internet can be? And that even though that opportunity was snatched away from me, I still find it very memorable because it was like a big step up from my closed-off life and New Leaf was really able to help me connect with people during that time in my life, which is another personal reason why it means so much to me.
    Last edited by Misera; 11-14-2017 at 03:20 PM.

Bells
    3DS
    3110-9877-4546
    Switch
    0000-0000-0000
    New LeafSilver MailboxMailboxUser Title Color Change
    Wi-Fi / Trade Rating
    6 (88%)
    enter me

Old Signature - Please Update

This signature has been removed by a staff member due to exceeding signature height rules.
    Signatures, as defined by the Bell Tree include everything under the signature line: all text, spoilers, and images used.
    Please edit your signature to be within 250 pixels height before removing this notice and spoiler.
    You may receive an infraction if you do not comply with the limit when re-adding your signature.
    Thank you!

Bells
    Tasty CakeTasty Cake
    Wi-Fi / Trade Rating
    oops, i forgot! ENTER ME PLEASE!

Bells
    3DS
    5198-3495-3099
    Holiday Candy Cane
    Wi-Fi / Trade Rating
    60 (100%)
    So probably around two years ago by this point, I had Mott living in my second town. Around this time I was getting more into the dream villager phenomenon and decided that I wanted to fill up my towns with villagers whose designs I really liked and/or that fit the theme of the towns. At this point, I liked Mott's design, but not as much as I liked some others, so I considered him to be one of the villagers on the chopping block if I were able to find a dream villager for sale in the Villager Trading Plaza and I had to choose a non-dream villager to move out to make room.

Without much hesitation, when he said he was considering moving, I told him that I approved of his decision. I believe I had found one of my dream villagers, so I didn't really have time to mull things over. But the affection I had for him grew and I started regretting the decision. It was too late at this point to reverse my decision, and when his moving day came I was pretty mixed in my emotions. I was happy to be getting one of my dream villagers from someone's cycling town, but I had come to realize that I really liked Mott. He has a nice design and his name makes me think of (Mott's brand) apple sauce. He's a cool guy. So I made it a point to myself that I'd get another town where I could adopt Mott again, alongside the rest of my excess dream villagers who didn't fit any of my town themes.

I created that town last year and decided to make it into a hybrid circus/magic show town.

Just a few weeks ago I managed to find a thread that was offering villagers for sale utilizing to the amiibo cards. After probably two years of wanting to reacquire him, I finally managed to do so. There are still a few villagers I need to acquire for that town to be complete, but our little circus has secured its main attraction! What's a circus without a lion, after all? Plus, he's a Jock, so you know he's up for crazy stunts.

(Please enter me into the running for the 2nd through 5th place rewards if I don't win. Thank you. )

Bells
    Dark Candy
Gift received at 11-03-2017, 09:19 PM from Jack
Message: You solved my Nightmare on Main Street. Take this candy as proof of your efforts.Orange CandyOrange CandyJackOrange Candy
Gift received at 10-29-2016, 09:01 PM from Woods Expedition GuideBlack Feather
    Wi-Fi / Trade Rating
    67 (100%)
    thanks for doing this giveaway!

here's my ACNL story

My ACNL story: boy meets girl, boy loses girl

Beware... The Night the Halloween Candy Ran Out in Silver...

Bells
    3DS
    2079-5989-4338
    NN ID
    ScorpioVenus
    3 EnvelopesSmall Mailbox
    Wi-Fi / Trade Rating
    38 (100%)
    Enter me please and thank you! Here is my story below.

Much ado about Bob

Last edited by KingofHearts; 11-15-2017 at 05:44 PM.
    | |
    in ♎ / ☽ in ♌ / ASC
    Current time

Bells
    3DS
    3755-2199-0770
    NN ID
    CharlaineC
    Wi-Fi / Trade Rating
    1 (100%)
    The saddest thing for me is the fact that due to sd cared corruption I have had to restart my town three times. My first town was from the start of the game. I was a midnight release downloader from the 3ds store. I had on that town all badges and a full mussam with a room devoted to mario, nintendo, space, and more. That killed when I lost it. My second town was doing really well and near complete when the sd card died again. my newest town is doing well. but It still upsets me to think about what was lost.

False tears bring pain whatnamenow's Avatar
    Bells
    3DS
    2122-7631-0404
    MintLoboNew LeafWhite TurnipIsabelleBlue CandyJackGreen CandyGreen CandyRed CandyStar Glow Wand
Gift received at 08-21-2016, 04:00 AM from HeydenSpring Shamrock
Gift received at 03-18-2016, 02:38 AM from Daysie
    Wi-Fi / Trade Rating
    45 (100%)
    Sorry that i didnt draw yet. Will do it tomorrow somthing got in between! Can';t enter no more.

Made by Jintii@dA ; yoncco@IG