Songs that make you sad/depressed/cry

A lot of songs make me sad, but songs don't make me cry unless I'm already depressed before listening to them, they can just be the last nudge I need to let it out sometimes. But the only songs that just make me straight cry are songs that are just too beautiful, usually opera stuff.

sometimes i start crying when im listening to when it rains by paramore which feels a bit uhh h Lame but ??????

Have you listened to their newest album, After Laughter? Lot of sad songs on that, and even the album name is sad. :/ Hayley Williams herself said that it's based on the look someone's face gives off after they laugh. That's a sad look.

Have you listened to their newest album, After Laughter? Lot of sad songs on that, and even the album name is sad. :/ Hayley Williams herself said that it's based on the look someone's face gives off after they laugh. That's a sad look.

yeah i have but imo that album is more like uh idk how i explain it but i get more of a bittersweet or disappointed vibe from it if that makes sense. like, the songs sound kind of upbeat and happy but they’re not really ”oh wow life is awesome” lol. i think fake happy and bad times represent the rest of the album pretty well w their Aesthetic and Feel

Sad isn't the right word for it, but I'm currently obsessed with a rather haunting song called Eiszeit (Ice Age) by Terminal Choice. The verses are in English and the chorus in German.

This is too sad, and one of the most emotional performances I've seen. Also my favourite song, ever. Makes me cry every time.

They're a bit sappy maybe, but 1+1 by Beyonc?, and Blue by Beyonc?. Just because they remind me of my boyfriend (we're long distance) and those songs make me miss him.

Intro: TMBMIL doesn't really make me cry or anything, but there's a lot of emotional in his rap hsnsn
Also Solitude from the Death Note sound track gets me every time

Jed's Other Poem (Beautiful Ground) by Grandaddy always hits me harder in the feels than any other song. T-T

I love Everglow by Coldplay ;_; It makes me so emotional as well, along with their Parachutes album. Their songs are very moving for me.

riiight that song is just so hgfdsfrgfhjk ;;;;;;;;; coldplay's lyrics are so moving and simple

Katy Perry's Thinking of You and the video especially really make me cry like a baby lol! I just think it's so sad to lose the love of your life and remain in love with them after they're gone.

Back