• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Songs that make you sad/depressed/cry

Weiland

Flick Fanboy 🦎💞
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7046-6089-3415
What are some songs that make you cry, sad and/or depressed?

For me, one is Jesus Christ by Brand New. I read an interpretation that it's about someone who dislikes life and is worried about what the afterlife holds. I can really relate to this as when I'm depressed this happens to me. Although, I think I now know what the afterlife holds because of personal experience.

Another song is Adam's Song by Blink-182. There's a reason it makes me cry: in 2016, I overdosed on mood stabilisers, and I woke up to this song playing on my computer. That's when I decided I'd tell my mother what I'd done, and she took me to hospital. Every time I think of that song, it just makes me so depressed and sometimes makes me want to cry because of this harrowing memory.

The next song is Billy Talent's "Nothing To Lose". I don't know why. There's no real reason as to why it makes me depressed. Could be because I was at a stage in my life where I really related to the lyrics on a level that shouldn't be possible; a normally unreachable level.

Yet another song would have to be Heavy or One More Light by Linkin Park. It makes me miss Chester Bennington vehemently. The pain in his voice is so raw and after hearing of his death, it just make me realise how short life is and that you should always cherish the gift that we are given.

The last song that makes me depressed is Something In The Way by Nirvana. I read an interpretation that it's about being a burden to those around you and I really relate to that. I've been mentally ill my entire life and I've always felt like a burden. Also, hearing Kurt Cobain's voice makes me sad on its own.

Last edited:

This song is kind of sad but at the same time, a little uplifting? I like to listen to it when I'm feeling sad or depressed.

idk honestly i've probably cried to one of those "sad piano songs" on youtube when i was bummed out

Last edited:
^^^ DUDE SAMEEEE. you just won this thread bc that song hurts me EVERY TIME.

Anything by Taylor Swift.

Not because they're deep or depressing or anything, just because they're so awful they hurt me both emotionally and physically.

SO MANY. But the one that comes to mind immediately is Snuff by Slipknot.

EASILY THIS SONG
It has more context in the game but it hurts to listen to, same with this song.
Non-video game music doesn't exactly make me feel much as there isn't as much context behind the song I guess.

every.single.song. on the Dear Evan Hansen soundtrack. But particularly 'so big/so small' I cry nearly everytime I hear that one. 'You Will Be Found' gets me good too.

I don't usually cry to music so these are unusual for me.

cliche as hell, but there's this one song on youtube just called "suicide song" that never fails to make me sob

i dont need songs to be depressed unfortunately

i've been listening to a lot of good wife by mika and while the music is upbeat, the lyrics of this song.......... let's just say i can relate more that i'd like to. also liability by lorde. and the single/acoustic version of everglow by coldplay, but that can be attributed to the general effect coldplay has on me... for some reason their songs really get to me

OH now i remember one

bang the doldrums by fall out boy

reminds me of a Situation between my friends and i about 3 years ago. i mean it doesn't make me as depressed anymore bc its a banger but it still makes me think of it and Feel things. we all good now so it's chill but i hate thinking about it lol.

and the single/acoustic version of everglow by coldplay, but that can be attributed to the general effect coldplay has on me... for some reason their songs really get to me

I love Everglow by Coldplay ;_; It makes me so emotional as well, along with their Parachutes album. Their songs are very moving for me.

Hi these are taken from my personal "sad" playlist, hope u enjoy ~~~
She has such a beautiful voice and makes me cry 90% of the time ^
Probably my fav song ever ^
That'll do for now. Was that too many? Oh well u tell me. Hope u enjoy your new music

the entirety of the mountain goats album tallahassee has always been so sad to me, but its one of my favorite albums of all time

sometimes i start crying when im listening to when it rains by paramore which feels a bit uhh h Lame but ??????

None. Its not that I think crying is unmanly, I don't wanna cry.

Y'all should go listen to Dark Enough by Amanda Lopiccolo. Please, it's sad, but it'll open your eyes about the people around you.

Back