Doki Doki Literature Club

Not playing it cos it will give me nightmares for the rest of my life :^)

I'm an easily scared lil child lol

I did give it a chance and decided to watch someone else play it for a bit, but I stopped watching it after the first jump scare. I never liked anything that is horror based since I scare easily. I saw the disclaimer so it is my fault for not leaving at that, but I generally like visual novels.

I just finished it 2 days ago and overall I enjoyed it. I've personally never played anything like it, so I thought it was pretty clever. My only complaint is that I felt the "good" ending was somewhat underwhelming after all the trouble I went through to get it. Natsuki is my favourite character. She's so cute! c:

did anyone else not realize that the "date" with monika right at the end was going to keep going forever? lol i went through almost an hour of it before i googled it and saw that the lines will start to repeat after like 5 hours lol

and w the best girl discussions....... everyone but monika is best girl .

yep... though i found her lines very interesting! it gave some good insight into what sort of person she is, since you don't spend much time with her in-game, and in the confines of a visual novel all of the characters are meant to revolve around you and don't have much of a personality aside from that.
before i looked it up, i went through a bit of the dialogue and even quit the game a couple times to see her reaction. the more i did it the more upset she got (since it was apparently very loud and painful for her, a topic she writes one of her poems about), but eventually seemed content with it since she knew as a "real person" you have to leave the game to do other things sometimes.
i think i read until a dialogue loop, but i'm not sure. it's some really cool stuff, too. she brings up some fair/interesting points. it's what made her grow on me, after all.

also, have any of you seen matpat's game theory on ddlc? at first i was kind of hesitant but admittedly... it's really interesting. he brings up stuff hidden in the game files i wasn't aware of. here's a link if anyone wants to see.. and pt. 2 should be in the up next.

Back