• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Doki Doki Literature Club

Not playing it cos it will give me nightmares for the rest of my life :^)

I'm an easily scared lil child lol

I did give it a chance and decided to watch someone else play it for a bit, but I stopped watching it after the first jump scare. I never liked anything that is horror based since I scare easily. I saw the disclaimer so it is my fault for not leaving at that, but I generally like visual novels.

I just finished it 2 days ago and overall I enjoyed it. I've personally never played anything like it, so I thought it was pretty clever. My only complaint is that I felt the "good" ending was somewhat underwhelming after all the trouble I went through to get it. Natsuki is my favourite character. She's so cute! c:

did anyone else not realize that the "date" with monika right at the end was going to keep going forever? lol i went through almost an hour of it before i googled it and saw that the lines will start to repeat after like 5 hours lol

and w the best girl discussions....... everyone but monika is best girl .

yep... though i found her lines very interesting! it gave some good insight into what sort of person she is, since you don't spend much time with her in-game, and in the confines of a visual novel all of the characters are meant to revolve around you and don't have much of a personality aside from that.
before i looked it up, i went through a bit of the dialogue and even quit the game a couple times to see her reaction. the more i did it the more upset she got (since it was apparently very loud and painful for her, a topic she writes one of her poems about), but eventually seemed content with it since she knew as a "real person" you have to leave the game to do other things sometimes.
i think i read until a dialogue loop, but i'm not sure. it's some really cool stuff, too. she brings up some fair/interesting points. it's what made her grow on me, after all.

also, have any of you seen matpat's game theory on ddlc? at first i was kind of hesitant but admittedly... it's really interesting. he brings up stuff hidden in the game files i wasn't aware of. here's a link if anyone wants to see.. and pt. 2 should be in the up next.

Back