• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Happy 5 year anniversary for New Leaf, I guess.

New Leaf is pretty darn cheap these days. Like 20 bucks on Amazon cheap.
I've considered getting a fourth copy tbh, but I have a loan to pay off x-x

i hadn’t even realized it’s been 5 years and i’m only on my second town. that’s a new record for me, since I’ve been playing this town for about 3 years as of May then my first started on release date. this is the ac that i’ve liked the most since the GameCube version so that might be why i’ve enjoyed it so much. (and the update helped with that enjoyment, for sure)

i started acnl in 2014 and it's felt like forever for me. i'm not surprised it's been 5 years, but i'm surprised that this game is still popular. i know it's been updated and it's my favourite game but yeah... it's great actually

5 years and still booming in popularity. Dang. How long is this gonna continue?

Also, $20 is not "too expensive". Most good 3DS games are, like, $50

Back then, ACNL costed at least 30-50$ a pop.

Now it costs 15-20$ now, :p

I really want ACNL, but it's too expensive, and my 3DS broke.

Just FYI - I got a brand new copy of the game for $17.99 online w/free shipping from Target during last years' Black Friday sales, and if you don't need 3D you could get a 2DS XL for about $150 there too (vs. $199 for the 3DS XL).

You may be able to get a used copy of the game and/or a used DS for cheap too, if you check either Ebay or Amazon listings (and you can get your $$ back if there's anything wrong w/the items; via their buyer guarantees). You may also want to check if there are any stores near you that sell used game systems or games; the Disc Replay near me has a ton of used copies of ACNL for about $15.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
It cost me $59.95 a year ago. It's still $59.95 in Australia.

Last edited:
I remember seeing the commercial on TV back in 2013, and I fell in love. I begged my mom to get me the game and she did, but we were going on vacation to her country so she wouldn't let me play ACNL until we got on the plane lmao. Good times.

look for used copies of the game! i got mine for roughly 10$ (more or less, currency exchange and all that lol), and maybe there will be sales furing black friday. or you can get a used 3ds too, people are selling their regular 3ds xls nowadays to buy the new versions ^^ the new 2ds is cheaper too, i think the old 2ds is even more affordable as well

not to sound like a jerk, but acnl is literally one of the least expensive 3ds games out there. Either get the nintendo select one for $20, or go shopping online for a used copy for even cheaper

It cost me $59.95 a year ago. It's still $59.95 in Australia.

Yeah, it's pretty much the same here but it's $70.

Hopefully you can find a cheap copy that's been preowned, they usually go for something around $20 here. Same with used 3DS's, they're reasonably affordable too. I'm not sure how much you'd pay there, but surely you'd find something for a reasonable price. Good luck if you're seriously thinking of getting them!

not to sound like a jerk, but acnl is literally one of the least expensive 3ds games out there. Either get the nintendo select one for $20, or go shopping online for a used copy for even cheaper

i think it depends on where you live, in most places in europe its either still at the original release price or only a bit lower - the only way to get it cheap is to buy a used copy. it's probably different in japan or the us but most other countries arent as cheap, and nintendo isnt as popular here (my country doesnt even have an official nintendo retailer, its all on the internet or in random tech stores and finding games is really difficult)
but regardless, a used/pre owned game would be the best option price wise

Yeah, it's pretty much the same here but it's $70.

Hopefully you can find a cheap copy that's been preowned, they usually go for something around $20 here. Same with used 3DS's, they're reasonably affordable too. I'm not sure how much you'd pay there, but surely you'd find something for a reasonable price. Good luck if you're seriously thinking of getting them!

Even on the eshop? Wow...

Back