• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

do you ever find old accounts of yours...

mitfy

court jester
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
Friday the 13th Candy
Lucky
Voodoo Doll
Ancient Candle
Purple Bat Potion
Pumpkin Cupcake
Ruby
Pink Candy
and want to die? i just logged into my old imgur account (that i made and was active w/ when i was like, 11-12) and there were so many cringey things in there. i just went through and deleted most of it. a lot of it was just useless garbage that should've been deleted after uploading.

anyways, there was a lot of superwholock, star trek, and lotr on there. a bit of the muppets too. there were like hoards of gifs and bad memes, and random screenshots of male actors that 11 year old me thought were godsends. ofc that was just me having fun at the time but looking back on it is so YIKES!!

but i did find an old pic of my friends from sixth grade which i completely forgot about. also i found some screenshots of some of my rooms in webkinz, which i was obsessed with at the time. looking back on it, seeing those screenshots and a bunch of the items i loved made me feel nostalgic and miss it. my rooms were so hella too.
i also found a few funny surreal gifs. and a pic of the bread emoji?

like 90% of what i found (and deleted) made me want to cringe so hard that i recede into my skeleton, but i did find a handful of things that made me smile and feel nostalgic. also, i may be past most of the things i was obsessed with at the time, but listen i will always be in love with frodo baggins so jot that down

so does anyone else occasionally have experiences like these? lmao

My situation was similar, but it was Photobucket and Tinypic instead. I'm pretty sure Photobucket deleted all of the old images that they were storing recently...

I always love finding old embarrassing stuff :)

my old miiverse posts from 2012 it has been so long. good thing thats buried now

Try having explicit photos of yourself online somewhere. Just waiting on that to come back to haunt me.

But old stuff in general kind of depresses me, because I did not have that great of a time back in 2012, 2010, etc., and it's hard.

basically all of my old miiverse posts when i was 10 years old lol, i'm glad its dead

y es. especially when you dont maen to, like youre signing up for a site and your main email is being used. oh yay, an account from when i was 11!

I still go on the forum I used when I was 9 so my cringey past stares me in the face every day :)

before miiverse died i took a walk down memory lane and viewed some of my older posts. and it was a huge mistake.

some things are better left forgotten. especially when they were from your "rebellious edgy anti-sjw" phase :(

find, no. I still have almost all of my old account names memorized for some reason. remember and check in on my stupidity? ABSOLUTELY. it took me forever to delete my old tumblr following a very embarrassing tenure on there ft some flame wars with another girl that I had met on a Disney forum!!! which is another place I made a fool out of myself. high school me was a pain to current me in leaving such a footprint. thats also why I no longer have fb And am constantly tempted to delete all twitter posts and start over.

Last edited:
I think it's normal to cringe at our younger selves and past events. I haven't used a lot of social media throughout my life so I didn't grow up posting things I can dig up now. But, I recall too often, probably daily, the stupid things I've said and done. I lose sleep over it on bad nights. I try to laugh at myself, not take life so seriously as long as I haven't wronged someone.
We've all done things we regard as embarrassing now, but if you enjoyed it at the time, why worry? :)

hopefully my google+ past isn't lurking around somewhere, i deleted my account and abandoned everyone on there (apart from my bf of course) but it's a cesspool of screenshots from the past so you never know

probably a lot of my old ROBLOX accounts... lol
also my ex from a few years ago still says he has our conversations on skype so i guess that counts, i would be so embarrassed if he showed me

Last edited:
Not really, I deleted most of mine that can be deleted and I don't use but yeah my Gaiaonline account is probs cringe af lol

just yesterday i went on my twitter account for the first time in a couple years, i only set it u to send out tweets for somme contests. nothing cringey that i did, but i had like two followers that were robo accounts of some kind, and then somebody in France had made a bunch of references to me bc they apparently misspelled the person they were tryna mention, was funny. i may start using it...

i don't have many photos on my photobucket account but the ones i do have... i also have a very awkward myspace/bebo but i believe they may have been completely deleted by now. aside from that i've only ever been on one forum besides this one (when i was 13/14) and i'd rather not think about it, honestly even looking back on this forum i cringe a bit and i was 21 when i joined...

low key tempted to log into the youtube I made when i was 12 now...

I didn't join any internet forums/sites when I was younger, mostly because my parents didn't want me to. I'm actually surprised I made a TBT account that long ago, because I didn't even start to use it until around June of 2014, after I got New Leaf.

The online accounts that I did make forever ago (like my Webkinz account... which was made in June of 2008) I have used consistently since I made, so I don't cringe quite as much.

low key tempted to log into the youtube I made when i was 12 now...

Yikes, I forgot I created a Youtube channel when I was 12-14 and made music videos and animations. I found one I didn't upload the other day (thank goodness) and there were a lot of cringe worthy moments. Not sure I want to see the stories I made before that.
But again, I had a lot of fun making these during this time, so can't regret that :)

Back