The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Yellow Star Fragment
Sheep Plush
Pink Hybrid Rose
Blue Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
White Rose
I want to make my own original path, and it's a pain in the butt. I got some reference help, without stealing a design, but omg. It's a pain in the butt making something nice, imo. For the longest time I used a QR path in my town, but I dislike going to towns and seeing the same paths and designs and villagers and ideas. I know other people do, so I'm trying to be different. How about you guys? Any town woes? Pathing problems?

I agree, that's why I don't even bother. I just use premade paths and just be done with it.

Well no town woes at the moment, except this game attempted to sabotage me yesterday.

The only thing that worked for me was to practice. I used some basic tutorials online to start, looked up tons of different paths (I do this for clothing designs I make, too), figured out what I liked and didn't like, kept practicing drawing, kept trying different designs laying them down, seeing if it was what I wanted, scrapped A LOT. Got frustrated a lot. Kept at it.

The hardest part for me is deciding what style of path I want in the town. Like what fits best. I find that simple one tile jobs are the most versatile and the bonus is that's about the simplest one you can design, whether it's stepping stones, grass, dirt, brick, tile, or whatever. I didn't know how to draw or shade or anything like that. I literally learned from tutorials and practicing making my own path designs. Then I moved to clothing. It's a lot of practice (rather than talent or whatever) to learn to make what you like. I found it to be very worthwhile as now each of my towns has its own original paths and clothing.

A lot of people would use a computer program that you can design your pattern with, then save it as a QR code.
Same goes for clothing patterns and signs.
It's a pain in the butt; however, I feel taking my time and making my own pattern is worth it in the end result!

Ugh I forgot to mention that I've been waiting for a certain pwp to be mentioned by an uchi, but my uchi never suggests it. Ever. I've had several uchis over time, and still no pwp. It is literally the kast one I want. Why me???????

I made my own paths. They're super simple and not the prettiest but I'm proud that they're my own. I personally don't like having the same path as other people because then it feels like it isn't my own special town.

Ugh I forgot to mention that I've been waiting for a certain pwp to be mentioned by an uchi, but my uchi never suggests it. Ever. I've had several uchis over time, and still no pwp. It is literally the kast one I want. Why me???????

Ha! Yes, me too. I have a handful of towns and the projects I want for one town get suggested in all the other towns, but not the town I want it for.

Last edited:
I made my own paths. They're super simple and not the prettiest but I'm proud that they're my own. I personally don't like having the same path as other people because then it feels like it isn't my own special town.

Exactly! I just finished making my own path, and I'm very proud of it. It has a little bit of resemblance to other people's paths because it's common/simple, and I guess popular. BUT it is totally my own. It's still not a copy paste, and I love it.

I honestly think if a QR code fits your town, you should just use it.

You have to be seriously good at pixel art and super patient to make an acceptable town path, especially with corners and edges and the other miscellaneous things that you usually have in paths.

All power to you if you make paths though, I'm just way too lazy to even try.

im primarily using pre-made paths at the moment, but I did make a decorative stone path (the ones with the feet) to put at the entrances of building and im pretty happy with it! It helps ties the theme of the town together better.
I may eventually convert the pre-made paths into my own, but as of now im just gonna deal with villager placement and PWPs :0
20171108_145025_by_allmirage-dbt547j.jpg
(sorry for bad quality)
Pixel art can definitely be very difficult. Most of the time you got to be, literally, pixel perfect.

Last edited:
I wish I had the slightest artistic ability to create my own paths, but I suck at drawing and so, I just scour the interwebs for paths. I'm usually able to find pretty much exactly what I'm looking for, so it all works out in the end.

i tried to make my own paths in the past, but i just didn't have the patience or really the talent for it haha. i can make my own dresses but i find making paths far too complicated and time consuming, i don't really mind if i have the same path as others as long as it's not popular

Walk around where you want paths, and you'll soon have beautiful natural dirt paths. The way it should be.

It's hard alone to make a path that you will like.

ITS EVEN HARDER WHEN YOU HAVE TO PLACE THEM AROUND YOUR TOWN.

Last edited:
I couldn't be worse at making pixels if I tried. I stick to what other people make and use their codes. I don't have the patience or talent to make my own thing. The only time it sucks is when I can't find something I like, because I'm fussy, yet can't make my own.

Exactly! I just finished making my own path, and I'm very proud of it. It has a little bit of resemblance to other people's paths because it's common/simple, and I guess popular. BUT it is totally my own. It's still not a copy paste, and I love it.

This! Paths don't have to make everyone else happy - you make them (or use qr codes) to make yourself happy. I happen to enjoy the creative designing process, I like that my patterns are unique to my towns, they are by no means perfect, but they're my own and I like what they add to the town. For myself, they are an integral part of what makes the game so fun and keeps me playing.

If you wanted something to help, use this.

I kinda dislike using other people's patterns too, but I use a path QR that I see a lot others use. I'm bad at paths so I sorta just gave in. All of my clothing patterns are made by me, though.

people who make their own paths are super talented. maybe one day I’ll be that talented and actually know how to draw. frankly, unlikely. more power to the people who do make their own paths. i’m jealous and over here using QR codes for paths and clothes til death.

i made my own paths and flag. i’m sure there are plenty of QRs that are technically better than mine, but none of them fit my town as perfectly as my own designs and most importantly they are completely unique to me and my town.

Back