• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How old were you when you first joined TBT?

Alolan_Apples

Apple Imperialist
Apple 🍎
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
It's not surprising that you see a lot of active members from the ages of 13 to 18 on this site since Animal Crossing is targeted towards a younger audience. But what really surprises me is how many users joined this site before turning 13 (even when most forums don't allow those under 13). When I first joined this site, I only knew two members under 13, but no, there were more. So I wonder, how old were you when you first joined this site?

When I first created an account on The Bell Tree Forums, I was 21 years old, which is the minimum drinking age if you're living in the United States. I was also 21 when I won my first TBT People's Choice Award and when I achieved 100 blog entries.

I joined the forums in 2013 when I was 16 and obsessed with playing New Leaf. I'm 20 years old now and decided to be a part of this community again back in the summer! I don't play much Animal Crossing now, but maybe I'll get back into it some day :)

I joined this community when I was 13 but look at me now im 14 <(^~^<

I joined when I was 24, a bit after I got New Leaf. I always liked Animal Crossing, but didn't know there was a forum about it until a friend showed me.

I turned 12 a few months before I became a member.

Though I didn't really start using this forum until July of last year, a month after I turned 17.

Early 20s.

Never thought when I joined that I'd a) stick around this long or b) end up being on the staff for over three years (and counting).

Last edited:
I was... 12. I joined upon seeing info about an upcoming AC game (now New Leaf).

Last edited:
Let's see, that was in 2013 so probably, 21? Never thought I'd be around either but yeah it keeps going and you can't really delete your account so :p

i was 14 when I joined and I'm still 14

i dont get why many forums dont allow people under 13 but maybe it's something abt legal stuff idk lol. i've been on different forums since i was 10 or 11 and it's not like 12 year olds automatically suck more than older people but idk

i dont get why many forums dont allow people under 13 but maybe it's something abt legal stuff idk lol. i've been on different forums since i was 10 or 11 and it's not like 12 year olds automatically suck more than older people but idk

They restrict them for safety and privacy reasons. At least Bell Tree Forums (as well as other small fansites) aren't as trashy as large places like GameFAQs. I know Neopets doesn't restrict registration to those under 13, but there are some places like the boards and neomail that are privileged systems - to 13-year olds and up. Here on Bell Tree, the only things you can't do as a 12-year old is show your picture or join the site staff.

I was also a young and sprightly 21 :lemon: It was almost a full year after I actually bought ACNL. I almost definitely would have joined sooner but 2014 was the year I bought a wireless router and could finally play online.

When I joined on my old account in 2015, I was 10. Yep that's really young....

On this account, I joined at 12, now 13.

Joined at 14 and I am 17 now

Back