• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Weird Question

Okay, it's your side. Period. Doesn't mean the pattern method doesn't work for everyone, just you.

Go on. Look it up on the internet and see if anyone has the same issue. I don't see a single thing.

Keep on believing that it doesn't work.

I recommend using the pattern method and then using an extra character to make sure the plot ended up where you actually wanted it to go. I have never had a character move onto patterns unless the space I left open wasn't viable for some reason, so . . . 100% success rate over here. But it's really easy to accidentally leave another 3x3 space somewhere without noticing (hiding behind a tree or something), so I always check with an alternate character just to make sure the plot did end up where I intended. It's still plot resetting, but it's much, much faster than just leaving the whole town open.

i have my town covered in scattered patterns except for one area and so far all of my villagers moved onto that once free area (and actually lined up their houses!!!) but ive seen people complaining about this trick not working for them? maybe it depends on how much space you leave them, i left a lot and they could place their houses freely, maybe if you only leave enough for one house/leave the place too close to a pwp/another house that wont work?

Back