• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Why does the 'discard' option exist and have you ever used it?

Bcat

👻Spoopy all season long👻
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Candy Corn Halloweaster Egg
I'm sure you guys know about the 'discard' option in our inventory to discard something forever but my question is: why does it exist?
Is it meant for things like birthstones that can only be gifted a few times? So that if you have a birthstone you can't give to someone and you want a new one you have a way to get rid of the old one?

That's the only situation I can think of where you would just throw something away instead of giving it to someone else or selling it if you wanted rid of something.

Have you guys ever personally used it? I'm always paranoid I'm going to accidentally discard something important. lol

It's so you can buy 20 of an exclusive/seasonal collectable and then piss a lot of people off

The discard option is there so that the winners of the gold egg each year can continue the tradition of causing every forum member to become enraged (why else would it be there?) •▲•

It's probably just automatically there. But tbh I'm not sure why anyone would want to just discard a collectible unless it was absolutely worthless.

I always have the fear that I'll accidentally discard one of my collectibles. I can only understand discarding for unique collectibles if you want one with a different date.

I know it's my destiny to one day accidentally delete my entire inventory

I know it's my destiny to one day accidentally delete my entire inventory

Lol for me I think discarding just one collectible would be traumatizing enough. "Oh, I just discarded my Sweet Feather. I'll just reset...OH NO THERE'S NO RESET BUTTON"

It's useful for deleting all the used up username changes, raffle tickets and etc

I think I discarded two collectibles from someone whose name I just couldn't stand to see any longer. They were pretty common too, so I didn't bother selling.

One day I'm gonna delete one I got for 1k tbt or smth lol

I have like 30 Shamrocks I'll probably discard.

I think I have only used it on raffle tickets, though it is kind of tempting to use it on some of my yellow candies because I have a lot for some reason.

What I don't get is the active and hidden buttons. Why do three options just hide your collectibles? I wish there was a way to show them all in my profile and only some in my side bar.

None clicked=hidden
Hidden clicked=hidden
Active and hidden clicked=hidden
Active clicked=active

To clean up your invo? I pretty much only used it with some junk stuff and raffle tickets taking up space imo.

It's for discarding your turnips right now. :)

Back