• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Harvest Festival

Gruntilda

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
I just restarted a new game and Harvest Festival is around the corner. I was wondering if Franklin asks for fruit you don't have in your town and can't get on an Island tour. Are you just stuck then? (this is the one event I seem to have missed playing in all the New Leaf games I have restarted)

If you don't have the fruit growing in town, I believe you can get it traded to you from your villagers. They should give you any missing ingredients in exchange for fish.

Villager will give you fruit. I use the Thonky Guide to help speed things up.
Also collect extra fish for the villagers requests. The secret storage and the island basket comes in handy for this event.

The wonderful thing about the Harvest Festival is that you can get all the ingredients by trading with your villagers, including the fruit and mushrooms. You do have to catch fish, but that's about it.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I am relieved to hear this! Second question now... is it possible to obtain non native fruit during the trading process to plant in your town? Can you just keep the fruit you trade for? Or can you trade for extra after you use the fruit for a recipe?

What if you try dropping the fruit you want to keep and talking to villagers again? Or you could also use an alt character to play the event again. Last year, I used my mayor and my alt to get all of the cooking ingredients like flour and vinegar. I like to collect the random useless event items.

What if you try dropping the fruit you want to keep and talking to villagers again? Or you could also use an alt character to play the event again. Last year, I used my mayor and my alt to get all of the cooking ingredients like flour and vinegar. I like to collect the random useless event items.

Yes, this should work.
The neighbours will only give you things you don't have already in your pockets, so give that a try :)

I'm so glad I found this post, I was wondering the same thing! I have all the fruits you get from island games(plus apple is my town fruit) and I was worried about not having peach,pear or cherries. This is great cause I can get extra and plant them so I'll hopefully have all the fruit. Thanks

Back