• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Moving in Amiibo residents

J087

a Paw for Good Luck
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2021
Yellow Candy
New Leaf Token
Pavé
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Red Candy
I've came cross several threads complaining about amiibo residents being picky about where their house will be placed. There are only 6 residents in my town right now so I'm wondering if I should already get the amiibo residents moved in. Or wait for the town to fill-up and force unwanted residents out by replacing them with an amiibo resident?

I plan to move most of the current houses to a better spot. I just don't know if I'm able to do this when an amiibo resident is being stubborn...

If you throw down a bunch of QR codes to block out certain areas, then villagers will only plot in open areas (3x3 space). And protip: create a disposable character to slap down codes and then delete said character when everyone's where they need to be. They're gone and so are all the path pieces.

I would wait to get unwanted villagers moved out and block out where they were living if it's a spot that isn't where you want someone else to plot.

Hmm, it might be better to wait for the town to fill up and then force neighbours out - I believe that replacing them will lead the Amiibo villager to plot in the same spot. So if you have an unwanted neighbour in a space you're happy with, you can switch them out for one you like. Waiting also gives you the freedom to pick who moves out instead of waiting for a ping from them which can take forever.
Just my two cents :)

I have a full town and have never had issues with getting my amiibo villagers to move where I want them too. So I'd wait to have your town fill up, then do mass move outs of unwanted villagers with your amiibo cards so you can lay down QR codes to organize your villagers :)

I've moved several Amiibos into my towns and sometimes they move into the spot the previous villager left and sometimes they don't. Plot resetting often does the trick with no problem; only once did one refuse to change spots. I've used Amiibo for the 10th villager move-in as well as for booting unwanted villagers out when the town was already full. Ive always made sure there was at least a couple of alternate spaces for the Amiibo villager to move into in addition to the plot of the villager that was leaving.

If you throw down a bunch of QR codes to block out certain areas.
Does it have to be a QR scanned pattern? Of will any (standard) pattern do?

Right now most of the residents are living in a wrong spot. I'd hate to have an amiibo villager on that spot for 6 months.

Does it have to be a QR scanned pattern? Of will any (standard) pattern do?

Right now most of the residents are living in a wrong spot. I'd hate to have an amiibo villager on that spot for 6 months.

Oh! Yeah. Just one of the default patterns will work. Sorry for the confusion.

Back