• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I need motivation

SpookyMemes

barely active
Bells
Blue Hybrid Violet
Blue Hybrid Violet
I've made probably 10+ plus towns on my digital copy of ACNL, I end up resetting the next day. The longest time I've had a town for on that copy was like, 5 days? I keep coming up with town ideas but I lose the motivation to actually do it once I start :(

Can anyone give me some motivation/ideas lol? Or just reasons why having a second town is beneficial. I didn't waste $30 for nothing :/

You could make it a cycling town if you find you're not having any motivation to stick with a themed town...make some TBT off of it :)

Or if you're adventurous and tech savvy, you could use it to try hacking ACNL, idk how it works though and if it'd affect your cartridge copy...just a thought

You could make it a cycling town if you find you're not having any motivation to stick with a themed town...make some TBT off of it :)

Or if you're adventurous and tech savvy, you could use it to try hacking ACNL, idk how it works though and if it'd affect your cartridge copy...just a thought

a cycling town is a good idea, I originally planned to make it a themed town, a cycling town and a time travelling town but that didn't work out :/ I'll need to get more Amiibo though if I choose to do that

i would say cycling town until you decide on a theme or something. for me, my two towns are different themes so making them look different is what makes it interesting.

I stay motivated by making friends with my villagers and the idea of watching my themes come together and work out makes me satisfied. If I feel like I want to give up or it's taking too long, I'll speed up the process by trading a lot and getting items sooner, etc.

There's no rush to settle on a theme, I think. Go with what you're feeling inspired about and there's no shame in it not working out. Something will stick eventually - maybe brainstorm and start planning a town before you create it, that way you'll know what features you're looking for, character name and face, etc... That might make it easier to commit if you have already worked through and like how your ideas are panning out beforehand :)

I have thirteen active ACNL towns. I think you have to realize that there is no such thing as perfection and just try to find something that makes you overall happy to be playing your game.

sometimes its hard. i just reset my second town because the layout was bad

i'm not doing a theme i'm doing a story and letting the theme come out of it. my mayor is an alien who wants to restore the environment, so right now he is planting a lot of trees and letting bamboo run wild, but he may end up having to cut and cull in order to keep the balance of the ecosystem. i will let it happen as it happens

if you roleplay or make a story and you get into it that could help

Like with what mimitueday said, let things happen and let a story develop by the town and villagers themself. dont just read their dialogue, imagine them as their dialogue. Because of some dialogue rolls from Rolf and other villagers I've been imagining him as a retired detective who deep down doesn't want his job to end. Of course it depends on what dialogue the villager picks from pre-set text so you might end up with a different interpretation or experience and build off that B)

youll find yourself getting attached and even build the town around the resident intetpretations

Last edited:
Back