• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

dear people with 2/more towns

magicaldonkey

britcom poster collecc
Bells
Switch
3844-4393-0026
Inky
Andromeda Potion
Green Crescent Moon
Yellow Crescent Moon
Will-o'-the-wisp Halloweaster Egg
Aurora Sky
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
Flower Glow Wand
is it possible to have two game cartridges which you can put into your 3ds, and have two DIFFERENT towns?
or would it only be one town? or do you have a downloaded copy and 1 game card copy??

this is a little confusing, if you want me to change it and make it more readable and clear then just let me know

reply reply reply

I'm not sure if this is correct, but i think if you have two towns on one 3ds the playtime/data etc. is only recorded for one of them in Activity Log? I can't confirm since I play my towns on 2 different 3ds' (which avoids the problem) so it may just be a rumour!! but idk

- - - Post Merge - - -

But regarding the cartridge issue, it should be fine as the 3ds saves mainly onto the cartridge rather than the actual device, so you can have as many cartridges as you want, all with different towns on.

I'm not sure if this is correct, but i think if you have two towns on one 3ds the playtime/data etc. is only recorded for one of them in Activity Log? I can't confirm since I play my towns on 2 different 3ds' (which avoids the problem) so it may just be a rumour!! but idk

Original New Leaf cartridges and downloads get lumped together in the log. The newer Welcome Amiibo cartridges get lumped into their own file. So I have both types of cartridges - updated originals and new WA - plus an original download which got updated to WA, and Activity Log reads them 1) as New Leaf in one file and Welcome Amiibo in another file and 2) all data for each of my WA cartridges is lumped together and all data for each of my original cartridges is lumped together. I have not noticed any problems with game progression at all. I get badges and stuff in time.

Last edited:
Original New Leaf cartridges and downloads get lumped together in the log. The newer Welcome Amiibo cartridges get lumped into their own file. So I have both types of cartridges - updated originals and new WA - plus an original download which got updated to WA, and Activity Log reads them 1) as New Leaf in one file and Welcome Amiibo in another file and 2) all data for each of my WA cartridges is lumped together and all data for each of my original cartridges is lumped together. I have not noticed any problems with game progression at all. I get badges and stuff in time.

Yep! Whilst I didn't mention it in my original post as it digressed a little from the original topic, I thought that was the case. It makes sense that the WA-included cartridge and the original NL are seperate in Activity Log as technically they're different games. But it's actually a great idea I didn't consider before to do that! Perhaps if I end up getting a third copy eventually I might do that and get the WA version.

Back